Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Food and Cooking Tweaks (Testers Needed) NEW UPDATE fixed files

by christmas fear Posted 15th Nov 2014 at 11:11 AM - Updated 7th Aug 2017 at 8:27 AM by christmas fear : UPDATE. Added a requested flavor.

25 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 14 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Banned
#2 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 3:09 PM
I wouldn't recommend 100% clean up chance. Maybe 75% or 85%.
Theorist
#3 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 3:31 PM
I think the cooking time mod and the clean-up mod should be maybe two different mods? They do very different things after all.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 3:58 PM
I added flavors. Thanks for the suggestions.

Two separate .package files that change the same thing in the xml file will conflict so you need to download one of the flavors which change multiple things in the same xml.
Instructor
#5 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 4:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
I added flavors. Thanks for the suggestions.

Thank you for the new flavours! I'm going to try "Faster cooking, 4 group meal servings, and no changes to cleaning up" as I play smaller families too.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 4:18 PM
You're welcome. If you have anything to report back about how it's going please feel free

And just a note, I halved something else in the original file (it was something like sim minutes between your sim adding ingredients to pot while cooking) that I didn't change in the new flavors. I'm not sure yet what difference it makes but ill fix it later.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 4:36 PM
I guess this would be painfully obvious to everyone but me, but I did check with Dashboard and it does indeed conflict with Simrod's Power Eater over at Simsasylum. This one has more options, though.
Thank you! I'll try it next time I play. I don't want my slobs to clean up after themselves.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 4:52 PM
Yes it conflicts because he probably edited 'number of bites' and that is in this XML as well. If you want a combination with faster eating too, I can do one. Just tell me what you want in it specifically like how many group servings, etc
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 6:32 PM
@christmas fear, thank you for offering! It's fine as is, I don't need them both. PowerEater cuts cooking time in half and makes them clean up. I don't think it makes them eat faster. That would be unhealthy! ;-)
I like the fewer meals option for group meals yours has (my fridges tend to get really full if I don't stop my sims from cooking all the time) and the unmodded optional clean-up part.

Again, thank you for doing this.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 6:41 PM
Oh there actually have been people who made faster eating mods in the past though! Which is basically just less 'bites'. I'm glad you like it thanks for the positive feedback
Field Researcher
#11 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 7:52 PM
Great idea for a mod. I don't have the world's most discerning palate or anything, but a week of eating leftover mac and cheese has always seemed pretty unappetizing. It also makes sense that my sims with larger families should be doing more actual cooking than the rest. Thanks for adding some realism.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 6:12 AM
You're welcome and for everybody, in case you downloaded one of the versions which are now fixed, please redownload. See the download files.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 7:39 AM
Thank you! The number of leftover servings always irked me to no end.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#14 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 9:11 AM
Gotta try this - I've been very annoyed about the amounts of food left after making a group serving. And cooking time lessened? Yes please
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 9:48 PM
Ok, tried it. Unfortunately, now they never stop cooking. I'm talking three cooking skill points-long.

Dashboard reports no conflicts. The other mods that I added with this were these ones:

Any ideas whether one of them might be responsible?

Thanks!
Screenshots
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 4:04 AM
It might be a problem with that flavor. Could you try with a different flavor and post if the problem still happens? And tell me the exact flavor you downloaded so I can take a look at it.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 22nd Jan 2015 at 5:55 AM
This looks great, and maybe I'm weird, but could you make a flavor with a zero chance of them cleaning up? I tend to play big families, and I hate the way they all crowd around the dishwasher and sink. I assume I could still instruct one to clean up.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 25th Feb 2015 at 8:21 PM
ty
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 25th Apr 2015 at 12:50 AM
Thank you for the mod!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 12:20 AM
Thanks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 7th Oct 2015 at 8:36 AM
YOU'RE AWESOME THANKS
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 1:25 PM
Thank you very much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 11:26 AM
Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 8:29 PM
I love mods like this! It makes the game so much more realistic and I love playing the sims like a "simulation" of real-life from time to time.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 15th Sep 2018 at 5:40 AM
Great mod! Found it in an article https://twinfinite.net/2015/02/the-sims-3-mods/21/
Page 1 of 2