Replies: 406 (Who?), Viewed: 20482 times.
Page 16 of 17
Top Secret Researcher
#376 Old 5th Dec 2021 at 2:00 PM
Not sure where you live, Noah, but there are definitely some cheap Chinese toys available from Amazon/AliExpress that serve the purpose of squeezing cream out of tubes (most common use to squeeze out remaining tooth paste). This is the concept I'm talking about:
https://www.amazon.com/Big-Squeeze-...r/dp/B079599V96

There are definitely some cheaper variants out there for less than $40 – this is a professional-grade squeezer so it says. The cheaper ones may not squeeze out all the cream, but should definitely help you out a bit.
Mad Poster
#377 Old 5th Dec 2021 at 2:13 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 5th Dec 2021 at 5:41 PM.
We had plans with my brother and the kids, but of course his new GF comes and says "oh but lets do other fun activities instead today!", and my brother is like, *forgets all other plans* "... yup, all in!"

It's happened so many times lately, it's getting really annoying, and this was something we're trying to get done ASAP because there's a time limit (taking pics for christmas cards, ordering, etc).

*Takes deep breaths* Why can't they do those things another day, and NOT today? Plenty of evenings when you can build-a-gingerbreadhouse or decorate the tree, but sheepherding the kids together at a time of day in the weekends when they're mostly in a good mood instead of tired after school/activities and/or not out of the house on said activities would've been ideal, especially when we've got a very limited number of weekends.
Mad Poster
#378 Old 5th Dec 2021 at 4:49 PM
Redd from Animal Crossing is being a PITA. I need art to get Brewster. The only way to get art that I'm aware of is through Redd who keeps trying to sell me counterfeit crap.

This is not a first world problem, but it is annoying regardless. I just want a cafe even though I don't touch coffee with a 10-foot pole in real life.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#379 Old 7th Dec 2021 at 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
Redd from Animal Crossing is being a PITA. I need art to get Brewster. The only way to get art that I'm aware of is through Redd who keeps trying to sell me counterfeit crap.

This is not a first world problem, but it is annoying regardless. I just want a cafe even though I don't touch coffee with a 10-foot pole in real life.

Not much of a coffee drinker myself, but thanks for the tip for Animal Crossing, I have some amiibo to use.

I should be the only one to shine,
I am the Golden Queen of Shadow Galactica
(Translation of a line from image song Golden Queen Galaxia)
Mad Poster
#380 Old 8th Dec 2021 at 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PANDAQUEEN
Not much of a coffee drinker myself, but thanks for the tip for Animal Crossing, I have some amiibo to use.

I don't have amiibo cards so I don't know if they can be used to get the cafe or not. As I understand it ( and have seen in my game since my last post) Blathers has to be given a piece of art. Once he confirms that it is legit, he starts talking about preparing for a addition to the museum.

I haven't gotten further than this point, but from what I've read, at some point Brewster will spawn on my island and I'll have to find him.
Alchemist
#381 Old 8th Dec 2021 at 11:27 AM
I recently got Brewster's cafe on my island. I had given Blathers about 3 paintings, then Blathers gave me a painting of Brewster and I had to go to different islands to find him.

I'm not good with art, so I used the painting guide
https://www.polygon.com/animal-cros...painting-statue

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Alchemist
Original Poster
#382 Old 8th Dec 2021 at 10:12 PM
There's a phone in the cafe that can summon amiibo characters.

That was the reason.

Mad Poster
#383 Old 9th Dec 2021 at 1:06 AM
Merry Christmas to me; just finished paying a big medical bill. Dingus and his kidney stone issues ( not any more. The one he had left from almost 2 years ago is now gone) are frickin' expensive.

Can we leap frog to spring? I'm ready to do yard work or anything outside related at this point. We're not even mid-way through December and I already feel like the walls are caving in on me. It's going to be a long winter...
Alchemist
Original Poster
#384 Old 9th Dec 2021 at 12:38 PM
I received an unwanted package.

It was LOST in the mail.
It was LATE by a month or 2.
Because it was a cash box that required a key, it was LOCKED.

I would have to go to the UPS store to send it back to the pits of hell whence it came. It was an unexpected package.

Alchemist
#385 Old 12th Dec 2021 at 11:57 PM
My 14 year old sister told me she hates my baby. This was her first time meeting him and all I said was "would you like to hold him?". Dunno why it just really upset and irritated me.

Mad Poster
#386 Old 13th Dec 2021 at 1:07 PM
It's Monday. Another day of listening to people flap their gums about how they know best. Meanwhile the world continues to lurch from one boiling kettle of chaos to the next.

Knows best = Chaos, mountains of debt, no resolutions for anything, ect...

Got it. It is all clear as f-in' mud.
Alchemist
#387 Old 13th Dec 2021 at 10:19 PM
Ever since that one lab in uni where I got to touch a human brain, I can't stand crème caramels. They just remind me too much of brains, I want to gag whenever I think of them. Guess what yogurts Ivy picked out this week and is force feeding me?

Alchemist
Original Poster
#388 Old 14th Dec 2021 at 3:51 AM
The doll I received as a gift? It had a broken shoe. The heel on one of the sneaker heels was missing. I will have to wait for my mother to exchange it.

Also, the most annoying thing about this time of year: mother puts a cheap tablecloth that slides all over the table and it just irritated me after 1 day.

Scholar
#389 Old 19th Dec 2021 at 4:58 PM
Lockdown^n started today which is fun. Ish. It's kind of whatever since not much is changing for me- still stuck indoors most of the time from various obligaitons. But it was nice to finally eat in a restaurant again. But health is obviously more important and thats how it goes sometimes. Though 1st world me still has to whinge about the fact I now can't return the thing I wanted to return because by the time lockdown "ends" it'll be past the return date. And I because I live where I live I'm pretty sure the hsop I got the thing from would be like haha no, no extended return dates for anyone
Instructor
#390 Old 19th Dec 2021 at 5:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
It's Monday. Another day of listening to people flap their gums about how they know best. Meanwhile the world continues to lurch from one boiling kettle of chaos to the next.

Knows best = Chaos, mountains of debt, no resolutions for anything, ect...

Got it. It is all clear as f-in' mud.

an entire forum that thinks buy lottery tickets is the best thing to do ever when all they are is paper, and 99.9% of the people who buy them end up losing and getting disappointed, thread escalated into a massive argument when I stated that homeless people need the money so why do people waste theirs on lottery when all they get is a 25USD piece of paper and lose.

all they did was cuss me out, and the thread was locked by the administrators

My personal radio station link in first post (commercial free and all music) listen with Firefox enjoy, this is a gift
me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TheAngelClassicRocKMix
Top Secret Researcher
#391 Old 19th Dec 2021 at 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspersim
thread escalated into a massive argument when I stated (...)
It's obvious why, though. People generally don't like being told what (not) to spend their money on. Your statement was weak to begin with too, as you've advised a person whose goal was to make money - to give their money away permanently to a homeless person. In the long run, the effect is the same - they did lose the money they had - but that marginal percentage chance of winning a huge sum is literally what the entire lottery industry is based on. And you wouldn't call a lottery business an unsuccessful one. World's a dirty place.
Alchemist
#392 Old 20th Dec 2021 at 4:51 AM
I have yet to have more than one consecutive hour of sleep tonight

Mad Poster
#393 Old 20th Dec 2021 at 1:47 PM Last edited by Gargoyle Cat : 20th Dec 2021 at 7:55 PM.
What do I need to do to get the recipe book in ACNH? I've grown and harvested tomatoes, potatoes, carrots, sugar cane, ect... I've check Tom Nook's store, the book isn't there. I've tried redeeming points, it isn't there. I've searched the Nook Shopping thing, it isn't there either.

What is this such a PITA or am I completely missing something?

EDIT: In Freddy Fazbear voice... 'Dumb, Dumb, Dumb'....

Quote:
The Be a Chef! DIY Recipes+ is an item in Animal Crossing: New Horizons introduced in the 2.0 Free Update. It can be obtained from Nook Stop for 3,000 Nook Miles. The item only appears in Nook Stop after the player has upgraded Resident Services, has completed the DIY customization workshop, and has developed the island to three stars for K.K. Slider to visit the island weekly. This item cannot be placed in the player's storage.

https://nookipedia.com/wiki/Item:Be_a_Chef!_DIY_Recipes%2B_%28New_Horizons%29

Okay, Nintendo makes sense...NOPE! I had to customize a wardrobe in order to cook.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#394 Old 23rd Dec 2021 at 11:50 PM
The holidays are here. Christmas Eve is tomorrow and yet I feel rather sedated about the whole Christmas Day. I know relatives dropped off some gifts and because I have a "vampire rule" about my room (you may not be let in without my verbal consent), my mother picked out the dolls I had my eyes on, we have a charcuterie board and crudite tray and fruit bowl awaiting Christmas Eve as we have a no-cook Christmas Eve.

I guess I am concerned about the box for me wrapped in shiny teal paper with Santas all over it. I worry it's a jigsaw puzzle. It's not my favorite thing for a gift (I have a cat that walks all over projects). My aunt Lucinda left it last time she visited which was mentioned in the "How was your day" thread.

Alchemist
#395 Old 24th Dec 2021 at 7:54 AM
Adam ended up ill all day, so I had to do everything. I woke him up at 10pm because then I felt ill. I'm not sure if its after effects of the vaccine or if I'm ill with whatever he had. He's feeling better and went to work this morning but now I'm feeling dreadful and I'll be alone all day with the kids.it's almost 7am. 12 hours of mental torture here we go...

Alchemist
Original Poster
#396 Old 31st Dec 2021 at 1:36 AM
Realizing how stiff my body is.

I was evaluated at physical therapy today and it turns out my spine, hips, and knees are extremely stiff. Like, if I budge to a certain angle, it leads to shooting pain.

I was given a hot compress that covered my back, but left me captive to another therapist's story of how her daughter and her friend had to send a dead dog to a special hospital for animals and the sad part of trying not to tell the dog died while the other friend was on vacation. It was a surreal overheard conversation. I couldn't really escape while being treated.

Overall, I have Mondays and Wednesdays in the morning and early afternoon to get my major work.

Alchemist
Original Poster
#397 Old 3rd Jan 2022 at 9:24 PM
My grandfather, my Gramma Barb, my uncle Chip, aunt Jeanne and 2 of my cousins ended up with COVID during the "Twilight Zone" (The period between Christmas and New Years)

Mad Poster
#398 Old 7th Jan 2022 at 11:41 AM Last edited by Gargoyle Cat : 7th Jan 2022 at 1:52 PM.
It is silly to complain about snow while living in a area that gets snow during the winter, but ugh....snow. Not only is there snow, but it's the heavy, wet crap because of all the moisture in the atmosphere. Not that light, fluffy snow would make me feel any different. Either way, both are a reminder I still have at least 4 more months of being cooped up in the house.

EDIT: I spent the morning doing money stuff. Of course what comes with that is watching bad money advice on YT. Below are the titles of two videos from the same person. I like the person, but she has a problem with keeping her story straight, hence I'm not linking to the videos themselves.

Dave Ramsey Advice We IGNORED and Got Rich Anyway

4 months later...

MY $100,000+ DEBT CONFESSION 2022

Girlfriend cannot be rich and be $100,000.00 in debt at the same time. The person that created these videos says that this $100,000.00 debt is a couple years old. I'm confused on where the rich part comes into play.

Rich people don't use credit cards that they can't pay off, if they use them at all. Rich people don't make car payments. They will drive a POS and save for a better car, ect... Rich people understand the reason banks are the tallest and most expensive buildings in any given city is because people paid lots of money in the form of interest to pay for those buildings. Bank of America collected over 30 billion on overcharge fees in 2021 alone.

My point: If getting money issues under control is a 2022 resolution for anybody that may be reading this, beware of the shenanigans that is out there. If it sounds too good to be true, it is.
Alchemist
#399 Old 7th Jan 2022 at 3:32 PM Last edited by Bigsimsfan12 : 7th Jan 2022 at 4:37 PM.
I am finally trying to tackle the mountain of clothes in the kids room.

Originally, it was a few loads of laundry from Elden's first week of life. Adam had sorted them into 2 piles on Ivys bed and would "put them away later". Then Ivy went to play in her room and threw them in a pile on the floor. They have been there ever since. He's 5 weeks old tomorrow.

Every time I get Elden to sleep, I go upstairs and try to sort them. It's 2:30pm and the most I've done is separate Ivys and Eldens clothes. And I havent even finished doing that. I get into the same cycle of getting Elden to sleep, and then either Ivy wakes him up instantly (which she has just done for the 4th time in an hour. This time she was shouting, but most times she's been trying to hug and kiss at him while he sleeps), if I can get Elden to sleep and in the bassinet, I start putting away the clothes, but then Ivy will do something (terrorising the dog, pulling all the books off the bookshelf, turning all the taps on in the bathroom etc) so then I have to sort that out, and by the time I've done that Elden has woken up.

TL;DR: Adam doesn't do a <10 min task, it becomes an all day task for Cassie.

Edit: are you freaking kidding me?!
Last night I was rinsing Elden's nappy out in the bathroom sink because he had a bit of a blowout (we cloth diaper, I'm not a weird). Then he starts crying so I ask Adam if he can put the nappy in the pail when he comes down while I go to Elden. Fast forward to today, I've already washed all the nappies. I'm in the bathroom and I notice there's something in the bath tub. IT'S THE NAPPY. His excuse was "I needed to use the sink so I put it in the bath tub and thought I'd bring it down later".
So now, as well as having to either wash it enough to throw it in with other non-nappy laundry or filling up the pail with water again and soaking it until the next wash - I also have to clean and sterilise the bathtub. Awesome.

Alchemist
Original Poster
#400 Old 10th Jan 2022 at 10:39 PM
Looking into the ceiling to floor mirrors in physical therapy and noticed my arms were fatter at the forearms. All that ran through my mind was "Am I really that fat?". I know those mirrors are for concentration, but I was more distracted by my arms.

I'm currently working on getting my weight down, but I went ballistic and fell off the diet wagon, dragged it to the forest, torched it and used the insurance money for junk food.

Page 16 of 17