Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Riverblossom Hills - World and Population (Updated notice: Please read)

by kiwi_tea Posted 4th Feb 2011 at 8:46 AM - Updated 18th Jul 2011 at 8:31 AM by kiwi_tea

297 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 166 Feedback Posts, 130 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 12
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#76 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 1:04 PM
Oh my God! This is... AWESOME :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#77 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 2:11 PM
wow, it is very nice i like it so much
Instructor
THANKS POST
#78 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 4:02 PM
Gorgeous!!
Promised myself I wouldn't download anymore CC as the game is going to slow but I cant resist this fab world.
Retired
retired moderator
Original Poster
#79 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 4:14 PM
littlesunshine123xx, having multiple worlds shouldn't contribute to the slow down. It's the amount of custom content that the game has to load at the start that does most of the slowing, or having LOTS of content in a world that you're running. Just installing more worlds shouldn't have too big an impact. Individual worlds with lots of objects/lots/Sims in them, like this one or Coasterboi's Los Aniegos, may run a bit slower than others though.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#80 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 4:55 PM
I had to leave a comment having seen this. I have viewed many artists work and they are truly brilliant but this is the most detailed comprehensive world I have encountered. To selflessly share it with the rest of us is to be thanked in a huge way. If I could type a thankyou ten feet tall I would.

kind regards
Test Subject
#81 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 5:15 PM
I downloaded all the files, and have them all in a folder. When I go to extract the first one, it comes up as "Cannot open file as archive."
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#82 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 5:25 PM
You are just the most amazing creator! The attention to detail, the patience, perseverance to complete a playable world like this...you have my total admiration and sincerest thanks. (And I thought Niua Simoa was WOW!...)
Forum Resident
#83 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 5:29 PM
I'm sure it's user error on my part, but where exactly are the instructions on how to get everything extracted? I'm using 7-zip.

Better yet, is there an alternative download at Media fire, 4-shared or some such site?

It's wonderful and I must have it!
Retired
retired moderator
Original Poster
#84 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 6:04 PM
I've never used 7-zip, only WinRAR, but I assume the method is the same between the two programmes. The instructions are in the "Install Instructions" tab on this page. It's a pretty simple process, but what can go wrong will go wrong.

Follow the instructions and then click the first file. It should unzip all the other files automatically provided you've followed the instructions.

Test Subject
#85 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 6:16 PM
This is gorgeous, and I love all the little details that went into it. One of my sims bought a cheap house and it turned out to be filled with rubble!

I'm having a weird bug though - none of my sims can age. I've double-checked that I have aging enabled, but their ages don't advance from day to day, and trying to age them up with a birthday cake always gives me a message like "None of the sims on this lot are eligible to age up."

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? The only other mods I have installed are no intro video and the fix for excavating sites, both from MTS.
Retired
retired moderator
Original Poster
#86 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 6:58 PM
KidPresentable, that's odd. You say this is affecting Sims that you've added to the world? Or are they Sims that came with the world? If so, could you let me know which ones?

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#87 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 7:50 PM
thanks for this world. when ever i play your worlds they don't fell like they where costume made.
Forum Resident
#88 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 9:16 PM Last edited by jmtmom : 5th Feb 2011 at 9:51 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
I've never used 7-zip, only WinRAR, but I assume the method is the same between the two programmes. The instructions are in the "Install Instructions" tab on this page. It's a pretty simple process, but what can go wrong will go wrong.

Follow the instructions and then click the first file. It should unzip all the other files automatically provided you've followed the instructions.

I am truly embarrassed by my density. I cannot find an "Install Instructions" tab. I did however find a link to installing for dunderheads as I am demonstrating myself to be, followed additional links to confusing instructions involving extracting multi-pack files by renaming them first and additional steps. If these are in fact the correct instructions, I will blunder through them as best I can.

Right now, I am seriously kicking myself for not snagging this at the exchange. Was it really necessary to remove all other uploads? I'm generally not this stupid, really, but I am utterly and thoroughly confused.

What am I missing?
Retired
retired moderator
Original Poster
#89 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 9:53 PM
Okay, jmtmom, presuming you have similar settings for this site as I do, you should have a row of tabs at the top and bottom of this window. Scrolling down might be easiest, they are directly below the "Quick Reply" box. Now, there should be five tabs:

Overview - Download - Install Instructions - Comments - Related Pages.

Do you see them? Install Instructions has an aqua-blue question mark icon beside it. If you've found that, then here's what you need to know in the simplest form I can give it.

- Download all the files into the same folder.
- Remove the randomly generated numbers from the file names that they all look like this: RiverblossomHillsLN.part01.rar
- Click on the part01 rar file and choose where you want to extract to.
- This should produce a working Simpack.

Forum Resident
#90 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 10:10 PM Last edited by jmtmom : 5th Feb 2011 at 10:34 PM.
Aha! I changed my preferences for viewing posts and now I see the tabs. Though with your explanation, I no longer needed those instructions. I did download all the files into the same folder. I did not know I had to rename them. That was the missing piece of information for me.

It seems to have worked. Thank-you so very much.

ETA: Just opened up this incredible world and found the Otomases! I loved playing that family in Sims 2. Their house is delightfully grungy. What a terrific world! Thank-you again.
Test Subject
#91 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 11:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
KidPresentable, that's odd. You say this is affecting Sims that you've added to the world? Or are they Sims that came with the world? If so, could you let me know which ones?

It happened first with sims that came with the world - the very large, very poor family... Ottomas, I think their name is? I moved them into a new house just to see if that helped, but it didn't. So then I created a single young adult to test again and had the same problem - I have him click the birthday cake and it says he's not eligible to age up. If I can't figure out how to fix it I'll probably still play the neighborhood since it's so cool - I just won't play any houses with kids.
Test Subject
#92 Old 6th Feb 2011 at 12:02 AM
Do I really, really, really have to have WA for this to work? I have AM and NL but don't want WA. Can I DL this and just have things missing or will I have an error saying "You don't have the right EP for this"? I really would like to have this world.
Retired
retired moderator
Original Poster
#93 Old 6th Feb 2011 at 12:10 AM
Sorry Bibbis, it uses lots of WA content, including many of the (awesome) WA trees. It isn't worth downloading without each EP, it just won't work.

Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#94 Old 6th Feb 2011 at 12:14 AM
WOW!!! This is amazing. The variety of families makes it really hard to choose from. Shall I play the Ramaswamis, the Ottomasses (I love that they live in a 1 bdrm, 1 bthrm.home) or go to a new, but intriguing family like Parsimony Vamp? It's like a whole new EP with all the interesting potential situations to explore. 'Thanks' isn't a big enough word!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#95 Old 6th Feb 2011 at 12:21 AM
I'm trying to download and keep getting a pop up box asking me to insert a disc...I am using winzip...please help! Thanks!
Test Subject
#96 Old 6th Feb 2011 at 12:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KidPresentable
It happened first with sims that came with the world - the very large, very poor family... Ottomas, I think their name is? I moved them into a new house just to see if that helped, but it didn't. So then I created a single young adult to test again and had the same problem - I have him click the birthday cake and it says he's not eligible to age up. If I can't figure out how to fix it I'll probably still play the neighborhood since it's so cool - I just won't play any houses with kids.

I think I had a problem with the same family, but not with my custom Sims. One of my child Sims befrended the girl (can't remember her name) and when my Sim aged into a teen, I tried to use a birthday cake to age her as well, but she didn't show up on the menu.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#97 Old 6th Feb 2011 at 1:13 AM
Holy cow, I've been playing this neighborhood/world for a couple of hours now, and it is flat AMAZING. This is the best non-EA world I've ever seen. Your eye for detail is brilliant! As someone who's tried to build a world (mine came out "okay"), I appreciate what it took to pull this together. Again... AMAZING.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#98 Old 6th Feb 2011 at 2:22 AM
Wow, that did not want to install XD But it's amazing, now that it's installed! Thank you very much!
Forum Resident
#99 Old 6th Feb 2011 at 4:45 AM
Wow! So beautiful!!!

If making requests I only ask that you help in finding body parts, hair, etc., clothing, accessories and comparison pics and that you be a part of the feedback thread here at MTS or my personal blog...which you can find listed on my page.
Thanks! I don't always succeed but will give it my best.
Retired
retired moderator
Original Poster
#100 Old 6th Feb 2011 at 6:11 AM Last edited by kiwi_tea : 6th Feb 2011 at 8:44 AM.
That's weird, because the Ottomases are aging up fine in the test file I'm running. I have seen this bug before, but usually it affects everyone constantly, and it's not affecting the save game I've started just now. :/ If I can fix it then I will, I promise. Sorry about this.

Page 4 of 12