Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Aspen Islands

by Miuki Posted 10th Oct 2011 at 9:44 AM - Updated 2nd Jun 2014 at 1:34 PM by Miuki : making install instructions more clear

175 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 88 Feedback Posts, 86 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 8
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#26 Old 10th Oct 2011 at 5:35 PM
WOW, fantastic ! Thanks a ton for sharing
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#27 Old 10th Oct 2011 at 5:56 PM
OMG What a nice World!!! I'm loving it :DDD
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#28 Old 10th Oct 2011 at 7:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Miuki
armiel I usually follow your work too (I really like your style)
When is the next world up?
Lol, this is your triumph! Enjoy your work and have a little time for yourself, cause I know if you're even half as obsessed as I am with CAW, you will be seen soon on CFF, with a new world in process

I am making a new one, must be like 4th or 5th after Charlton Island, but I have nothing for CFF yet

Now, end of discussion about armiel's worlds here, let's all concentrate on how wonderful Aspen Islands are!
Test Subject
#29 Old 10th Oct 2011 at 8:00 PM
Maybe a stupid question, but i don't know how to install it. When i try to open it, it's says that i need an another volume?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#30 Old 10th Oct 2011 at 8:00 PM
Lovely job, thanks for your hard work
Eminence Grise
#31 Old 10th Oct 2011 at 8:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Johan1994
Maybe a stupid question, but i don't know how to install it. When i try to open it, it's says that i need an another volume?

Install instructions are at the end of the main download post
Test Subject
#32 Old 10th Oct 2011 at 9:35 PM
THis world looks beautiful!! I've been looking for a world full of ocean However, the rar file has the sims3pack split. So when I try to use one of the sims3packs, it tries to pull from another rar file. NOrmally you just put the rar files into the same directory, but this is not working this time. DId anyone else experience this? Thanks
Inventor
#33 Old 10th Oct 2011 at 9:47 PM
I got the sims3pack to be created, but the file is corrupted and won't install. I'll try downloading all 8 files again to see if somehow one of them got corrupted during download, but it would be great if there was an alternate link where the whole world could be downloaded as one file, to make it easier for some people. Your world does look very lovely and very well made, from what I see in the pictures. Thank you for sharing it!

You can find my Sims 3 Mods at TFM's Sims Asylum .
Instructor
THANKS POST
#34 Old 10th Oct 2011 at 10:11 PM
Beautiful! Great to see it uploaded
Test Subject
#35 Old 10th Oct 2011 at 10:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Install instructions are at the end of the main download post

O god, sometimes im so dumb xD! But it worked thank you :3!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#36 Old 10th Oct 2011 at 10:38 PM
Hi, i really wanted to use your world, but when i try to install it i get an error message that the file is broken Am using 7zip to open but it will not allow launcher to work.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#37 Old 10th Oct 2011 at 10:39 PM
I don't post comments usually, but clicking on the "thanks" button just seem not enough for that fantastic world. It's all I ever wanted, and even more. There are all kinds of areas, it's big but not too much, the decor is awesome, the lots are just plain adorable, simple yet realistic, and no CC ! I love it.
Thank you SO much. Definetely the best world I've ever seen.
(And I apologize for my english, sorry if I made any mistakes)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#38 Old 10th Oct 2011 at 11:13 PM
This is absolutely exquisite. Thank you!
Test Subject
#39 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 12:08 AM
....when I click to download part 6 it comes up with "403 Forbidden"
real shame, was really looking forward to this one
Test Subject
#40 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 12:12 AM
THe instructions are only for a single rar file but not where the actual file is split into 8 seperate rar files. When you dbl click on the first one, it requests the second rar file. Yet when you point it to the second rar file, it doe snot open.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#41 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 1:00 AM
Oh my gosh it's amazing!!! I especially love how all the custom community lots seem to have a back-story

And the subway/ferry stations! What a great idea! Can't wait to install it, definitely a world I'll be playing in
Test Subject
#42 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 1:06 AM
Don't know if it helps anybody with problems downloading the 6th, 7th or 8th file but I had trouble with it as well. As soon as the 1-5th files had finished downloading, I clicked on the 6th part and it worked. Maybe you just have to wait until the others have downloaded?

Can NOT wait to try out this world! It looks superb!
Inventor
THANKS POST
#43 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 1:18 AM
I was able to get this world, thanks to another simmer who was able to download all the parts and get it put back together correctly (she had winrar). It's a beautiful world and I love the lots you created on it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 2:06 AM
Thanks so much for this beautiful world. It downloaded nicely and I can't wait to start playing in it.
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#45 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 4:08 AM
Here is another way to extract the files, incase the diret extract and browse doesn't work for some of you:

- Make a folder to any location you can easily find - desktop for example
- Download all the files in this thread and save them to the folder you just created
- Rename the files by deleting MTS_Miuki_xxxxxxx_ off the file names
- Right click on the first file and select "Extract here..."
- Copy the sims3pack you got and move it to your documents/Electronic arts/Sims 3/Downloads
- There, double click on the file and let launcher complete the install process
- Play and enjoy!

Those with the 403 error, MTS only allows you to download 3 files at once, so that there are slots for other users too. So you can start downloading 3, then wait that those finish, then get the next 3, wait for finish again, and then download the rest.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#46 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 5:00 AM
I just love to have new world here in MTS. Thank you for sharing.
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 7:24 AM
Youre world is stunning!!! howeverthe launcher wont allow me to install, it claimsi am not fully patched but i am. So hopefully you might be able to upload in another form.
I would love to play your world.
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#48 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 7:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by yesme88
Youre world is stunning!!! howeverthe launcher wont allow me to install, it claimsi am not fully patched but i am.
Do you have all the games required to use this? That error can also indicate that you are missing an EP that is vital to use this world. In this case it would be Ambition due to bridges used.

(I don't know why I am peaking here all the time lol, I guess I have nothing better to do :P)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#49 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 9:12 AM
Just outstanding creation! Thank you so much.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#50 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 10:20 AM
Great to see it uploaded! I better hurry up and finish Gates Cove
Page 2 of 8