Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS4 MorphMaker - updated to V4.5.2 on 4/19/2023

by CmarNYC Posted 4th Jun 2018 at 6:41 PM - Updated 19th Apr 2023 at 4:23 PM by CmarNYC : Update

643 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 574 Feedback Posts, 68 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 19 of 26
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#451 Old 17th Dec 2021 at 4:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kara
Thank you for the quick response, Cmar!
Yeaaaah, I suppose it was that skin update's doing, but really, I can't thank you enough for kindly updating it to support the new format.

I wonder why nobody hadn't brought it up either, especially because some of the default definitions for presets aren't exactly the best.

Cheers!

Hi again! I've updated to support the LRLE format, and I'd like you to try it out while I do more testing before making an official upload. Please let me know of any problems!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  TS4MorphMaker_4_4_0_0.zip (8.96 MB, 53 downloads)

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#452 Old 18th Dec 2021 at 8:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Hi again! I've updated to support the LRLE format, and I'd like you to try it out while I do more testing before making an official upload. Please let me know of any problems!

Hi there Cmar! Thank you so much for getting back to me with an update! (Thank you, thank you!)

I tried the method again and it did work, though I'm getting a bit of an issue with trying to actually save the LRLE file to any folder that isn't the Program Files.
Whether that's an issue on my end or a problem with the program, I'm super unaware.

Regardless everything seems to be working perfectly! Thank you again, Cmar!

*EDIT: It was my antivirus, oops. I should've probably checked that first. Nothing more embarrassing than solving my own issue after posting. Everything seems to be working perfectly fine, though. Cheers!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#453 Old 18th Dec 2021 at 9:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kara
Hi there Cmar! Thank you so much for getting back to me with an update! (Thank you, thank you!)

I tried the method again and it did work, though I'm getting a bit of an issue with trying to actually save the LRLE file to any folder that isn't the Program Files.
Whether that's an issue on my end or a problem with the program, I'm super unaware.

Regardless everything seems to be working perfectly! Thank you again, Cmar!

*EDIT: It was my antivirus, oops. I should've probably checked that first. Nothing more embarrassing than solving my own issue after posting. Everything seems to be working perfectly fine, though. Cheers!

Thanks for letting me know! As someone with a long history of asking for help and then immediately finding the answer myself, I know how you feel!

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#454 Old 21st Dec 2021 at 10:23 AM
I keep getting an error saying "Index was outside the bounds of the array"
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#455 Old 21st Dec 2021 at 11:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jamex
I keep getting an error saying "Index was outside the bounds of the array"

Please upload a screenshot showing what you were doing, and the files you were working with.

Test Subject
#456 Old 21st Dec 2021 at 11:21 AM
an i shrunk the body slightly to create some kind of monster with a hump back... but the morph maker, made the preset give these pointy jagged things... how would I get id of this error?
Test Subject
#457 Old 21st Dec 2021 at 11:30 AM
an i shrunk the body slightly to create some kind of monster with a hump back... but the morph maker, made the preset give these pointy jagged things... how would I get id of this error?

like this..

Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#458 Old 21st Dec 2021 at 1:50 PM
like this..

Without seeing your base and morph meshes, I have no idea. In general though, trying to change the height of bodies or body parts using a DMap is probably not going to work.

Test Subject
#459 Old 21st Dec 2021 at 5:37 PM
Without seeing your base and morph meshes, I have no idea. In general though, trying to change the height of bodies or body parts using a DMap is probably not going to work.

but I have seen. some that made it the sims smaller. or bigger

all I did was shrink the sims slightly smaller to see if I could even do this..
how di they do it then?
Test Subject
#460 Old 21st Dec 2021 at 6:24 PM

sorry for my dumb antics. i apologize for the way I acted.. thank you for the knowledge.
please forgive me. and I thank you for the tool Cmar
Field Researcher
#461 Old 3rd Jan 2022 at 12:45 AM
I made an eye preset but everytime I try to create a bgeo it tells me "Index was outside the bounds of the array." I imported the unedited base mesh,then the edited mesh,I did not add any new mesh to the head.I'm using blender 2.70
Screenshots

No Blood No Bone No Ash!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#462 Old 3rd Jan 2022 at 10:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MeisterBabySoul
I made an eye preset but everytime I try to create a bgeo it tells me "Index was outside the bounds of the array." I imported the unedited base mesh,then the edited mesh,I did not add any new mesh to the head.I'm using blender 2.70

Most likely you added or removed vertices or faces, or exported the morph mesh without normals. Without seeing the meshes I can only guess.

Field Researcher
#463 Old 4th Jan 2022 at 8:01 AM
Most likely you added or removed vertices or faces, or exported the morph mesh without normals. Without seeing the meshes I can only guess.

This happens with any facial preset I try to make,even when I only slightly alter the mesh
https://simfileshare.net/download/2900295/

Is there a specific way to export the mesh?

No Blood No Bone No Ash!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#464 Old 4th Jan 2022 at 1:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MeisterBabySoul
This happens with any facial preset I try to make,even when I only slightly alter the mesh
https://simfileshare.net/download/2900295/

Is there a specific way to export the mesh?

As I suspected, the morph mesh has no normals.

There are three tutorials linked from the Morphmaker description which will tell you the settings to use when importing to and exporting from Blender. The most important are to export with Write Normals, Include UVs, Objects as OBJ Groups, and Keep Vertex Order checked.

Field Researcher
#465 Old 5th Jan 2022 at 1:14 AM
As I suspected, the morph mesh has no normals.

There are three tutorials linked from the Morphmaker description which will tell you the settings to use when importing to and exporting from Blender. The most important are to export with Write Normals, Include UVs, Objects as OBJ Groups, and Keep Vertex Order checked.

Thank you for this,I will try it.

No Blood No Bone No Ash!
Test Subject
#466 Old 8th Jan 2022 at 7:48 PM
[QUOTE=jamex]sorry for my dumb antics. i apologize for the way I acted.. thank you for the knowledge.
please forgive me. and I thank you for the tool Cmar [/QUOTE

did you do to fix the pointy thing? i have that issue creating dog slider when i mess with height the eyes do a weird pointy thing eyes stay up when body goes down
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#467 Old 9th Jan 2022 at 5:39 AM Last edited by CmarNYC : 9th Jan 2022 at 1:25 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by ThePirateLeftEye
[QUOTE=jamex]sorry for my dumb antics. i apologize for the way I acted.. thank you for the knowledge.
please forgive me. and I thank you for the tool Cmar [/QUOTE

did you do to fix the pointy thing? i have that issue creating dog slider when i mess with height the eyes do a weird pointy thing eyes stay up when body goes down

What weird pointy thing? I need to see pictures and the base and morph meshes.

And as I said above, using a DMap for height is not going to work. You can try using a bone morph, but they're tricky to work with and you'll have to experiment and work out the problems yourself.

Test Subject
#468 Old 17th Jan 2022 at 3:30 AM
Hello, Cmar. I am following this thread https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=648507, where you suggest:
"A shortcut would be to clone an Asian preset face, preview it, save the morphed head, tweak it, and use that as your morph mesh with a standard base mesh exported from MorphMaker. Keep in mind that presets link to an overlay texture that can define those folds and shadows, so you may need to make your own. "
Where can I find these face presets in Morphmaker? I don't see anything as simple in the clone CAS preset menu. I seek to export a head mesh with a default face preset to Blender to sculpt and make my own face preset. Thank you.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#469 Old 17th Jan 2022 at 4:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Slipintospace
Hello, Cmar. I am following this thread https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=648507, where you suggest:
"A shortcut would be to clone an Asian preset face, preview it, save the morphed head, tweak it, and use that as your morph mesh with a standard base mesh exported from MorphMaker. Keep in mind that presets link to an overlay texture that can define those folds and shadows, so you may need to make your own. "
Where can I find these face presets in Morphmaker? I don't see anything as simple in the clone CAS preset menu. I seek to export a head mesh with a default face preset to Blender to sculpt and make my own face preset. Thank you.

Unfortunately the full face presets in CAS - the ones called 'Face' in CAS and FullFace in MorphMaker - use a different mechanism from the rest and are not supported in MorphMaker. I really should remove the FullFace option.

You can clone any preset for a feature - eyes, ears, nose, etc. - and use that as your starting point. You'll have to clone presets for the part, age, and gender you want and preview them to find one you like; I don't have names for them. Then save the morphed head, modify it, and use that as your morph mesh. If you want a preset that affects the whole face you can try making it as a forehead preset.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you need more details.

Test Subject
#470 Old 27th Jan 2022 at 10:51 PM
[IMG]img[/IMG]
Please upload a screenshot showing what you were doing, and the files you were working with.

so when i did bone morph i made a leg change and looked good in preview mode but in game looks like this why?
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#471 Old 28th Jan 2022 at 4:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ThePirateLeftEye
[IMG]img[/IMG]

so when i did bone morph i made a leg change and looked good in preview mode but in game looks like this why?

I don't know what it's supposed to look like so I can't tell what's wrong with it. Anyway, the game has some ways of handling joints and skeletons, like limits on movement and rotation and morphs that are applied automatically, that MorphMaker can't duplicate in the preview. Making bone morphs always involves some guessing and experimenting. Plus you're obviously using a CC mesh that might possibly morph differently from the EA body mesh in the preview.

Test Subject
#472 Old 28th Jan 2022 at 9:11 PM
Unfortunately the full face presets in CAS - the ones called 'Face' in CAS and FullFace in MorphMaker - use a different mechanism from the rest and are not supported in MorphMaker. I really should remove the FullFace option.

You can clone any preset for a feature - eyes, ears, nose, etc. - and use that as your starting point. You'll have to clone presets for the part, age, and gender you want and preview them to find one you like; I don't have names for them. Then save the morphed head, modify it, and use that as your morph mesh. If you want a preset that affects the whole face you can try making it as a forehead preset.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you need more details.

Many thanks for your reply. I am now trying to use the base mesh with the Wrap R3DS program, which supposedly maintains vertex order and number, to wrap the base mesh around a custom mesh. I managed to create a BGO out of the Wrap obj output, but it appears messed up in the Previewer pane and in-game. However, the obj looks fine in Blender. Could you possibly take a look at it? I can't upload to this site (I keep getting "Error 102 Unable to determine game type!") so here is a link.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/cafw...ubject.zip/file
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#473 Old 28th Jan 2022 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Slipintospace
Many thanks for your reply. I am now trying to use the base mesh with the Wrap R3DS program, which supposedly maintains vertex order and number, to wrap the base mesh around a custom mesh. I managed to create a BGO out of the Wrap obj output, but it appears messed up in the Previewer pane and in-game. However, the obj looks fine in Blender. Could you possibly take a look at it? I can't upload to this site (I keep getting "Error 102 Unable to determine game type!") so here is a link.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/cafw...ubject.zip/file

The faces in your morph mesh are not the same as in the original mesh, which makes me think the vertex order is probably not the same. The list of verts also doesn't look like a morph of the original positions to me. That's consistent with the random morphing of vertices in the mesh. I can only suggest you check all the settings in the 3D tool you're using to see if there's something that will actually leave the vertex order alone.

Test Subject
#474 Old 29th Jan 2022 at 5:31 AM
The faces in your morph mesh are not the same as in the original mesh, which makes me think the vertex order is probably not the same. The list of verts also doesn't look like a morph of the original positions to me. That's consistent with the random morphing of vertices in the mesh. I can only suggest you check all the settings in the 3D tool you're using to see if there's something that will actually leave the vertex order alone.

Thank you. I got it working. It was merely an error on my part.
Test Subject
#475 Old 29th Jan 2022 at 10:42 PM
Sorry for being a bother, Cmar, but is there a way of making an in-game sim look exactly like the base mesh in MorphMaker?
Page 19 of 26