Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 5:40 AM
Default Top 10 reasons to be excited about the sims 3
I wrote this article for my blog on my website

Top 10 reasons to be excited about the sims 3

For my first blog post I thought I would write a list of the top 10 reasons to be excited for the upcoming sims 3 PC game. With the official sims 3 website launching sometime tomorrow alot of people are getting upset about the pending demise of their beloved sims 2 famillies however we have many exciting changes to look forward to. New information about the new generation of sims have been all the buzz in recent days and rightfully so. We have learned alot of information so far and yet many holes still need to be filled in. At this point here are my top 10 reasons to be excited

10: The 10th reason to be excited is that from the looks of the pictures there will be many new and exciting additions to the build mood. Everything from curved paths to new roof types can be seen in the many screenshots already released.

09: There is now more body shapes in game! CaS has sliders for how fat you want your sim and how muscular resulting in unlimited combinations!

08: Along with the sliders for weight comes the fact that the sims look more real. With better Animations comes the fact that your sims will move in a more natural way.

07: Your sims show facial emotions. One screenshots shows a outdoor loving sims jogging looking like shes having a great time being out side!

06: Now instead of picking on a slider between messy and neat sims have traits which are words describing their personality. They then act accordingly based on the traits you select for them. Also traits are passed down from parent to child and the things a mother does while pregnant will help to decide the traits for her baby.

05: Your sims can now do more things for them selfs.

04: A more advanced AI system is included in the sims 3. Each sim will have things that they enjoy doing and will react accordingly/ If you have 2 sims in a room and one of them likes to watch TV but the other one doesn't then the two of them will fight over the TV.

03: The lighting effects in the sims 3 looks more real. Light will cast shadows and the sun light will come through the windows like it would in real life!

02: Seamless Neighborhood its about time! Your sims now live in a seamless, living, breathing, ever changing neighborhood. You can go across the street and spy on the girl of your dreams or you can go on a stroll through out downtown with out ever hitting a load screen!

01: Now because of the seamless Neighborhood all your sims grow up at the same time. Now its possible to create a lasting relationship from birth with out ever having to worry about any age of consent laws!

James
Owner of The Sims 2 Network!
www.starempireonline.com
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 7:15 AM
Well my top5 (not enough info released yet for Top10)

5. Lighting
4. Improved AI
3. Graphics
2. Continous Neighborhoods
1. Gameplay - much less annoyances - whole new approach - very different from Sims1 and Sims2.
#3 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 12:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jamesasim4u
09: There is now more body shapes in game! CaS has sliders for how fat you want your sim and how muscular resulting in unlimited combinations!

we have unlimited combinations in sims 2 too, but only for the faces :P
#4 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 12:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Faithlove13xxx
i think they have begun updating thesims3.com

the site has changed from the plumblob to blank...

heh... not to me... I keep refreshing it but nothing happens...

I agree with jamesasim4u..., I would wrote the same thing!
Test Subject
#5 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 4:26 PM
I am not sure I like this Seemless Neighborhood. My wife and I both love playing the sims and have it on the one computer so we share the neighborhood. So what if I say make a legacy family Smith and my wife who loves doing Stories with her sims has a family Johnson. I play the Smith house and have a child there and then my wife get's on to play house Johnson and she plays for several hours. Will this mean that when I get back to Smith family the little child will be all grown up and have done things without me being there? If so then this is sadly one game I am not buying. Anyone have any idea.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 4:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shard
I am not sure I like this Seemless Neighborhood. My wife and I both love playing the sims and have it on the one computer so we share the neighborhood. So what if I say make a legacy family Smith and my wife who loves doing Stories with her sims has a family Johnson. I play the Smith house and have a child there and then my wife get's on to play house Johnson and she plays for several hours. Will this mean that when I get back to Smith family the little child will be all grown up and have done things without me being there? If so then this is sadly one game I am not buying. Anyone have any idea.

You and your wife could always just create 2 neighborhoods instead of playing the same one.

James
Owner of The Sims 2 Network!
www.starempireonline.com
Inventor
#7 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 4:47 PM
I'm sure there will be a cheat to stop aging, just like there is in TS2.
Alchemist
#8 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 5:23 PM

If you have xp just set up two user accounts
Field Researcher
#9 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 5:31 PM
Being a control freak, I don't think I like this seamless neighborhood idea. The main idea behind the Sims has been playing God since the release of TS1, and everybody knows it!
Scholar
#10 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 5:32 PM
Personally, I'm excited about having an empty downloads folder for the first time in forever. That will be an experience.
#11 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 5:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by robokitty
Personally, I'm excited about having an empty downloads folder for the first time in forever. That will be an experience.

QFT

I still sense the need for some CC in this game, but hopefully not as much as was needed in TS2.

I love the seamless neighborhood, less loading screens is win!
Scholar
#12 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 9:30 PM
There are many things that I'm excited about. New lighting, new personality traits, no more wants and fears, fewer motive bars, a stress bar and so on and so on.. But my top 10 reasons are all the same.

1-10 -- Gardening is in the base game!

Field Researcher
#13 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 9:45 PM

I believe I read somewhere (that magazine artcle if I remember correctly) that when you click the families it will give you a choice whether or not you want to keep it like it was the last time you played that family or if you want to play with them aged.
I can't really explain it lol.
So, basically you ultimately get the choice whether you want your created sims to stay grown or revert back to the age they were when last played.
If anyone can explain this further, feel free
#14 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 10:23 PM
Sounds like a good way to solve it.
Scholar
#15 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 10:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IceAngel12891
I believe I read somewhere (that magazine artcle if I remember correctly) that when you click the families it will give you a choice whether or not you want to keep it like it was the last time you played that family or if you want to play with them aged.
I can't really explain it lol.
So, basically you ultimately get the choice whether you want your created sims to stay grown or revert back to the age they were when last played.
If anyone can explain this further, feel free

That seems really strange. What about relationship scores that you build with that sim? What if you were away long enough for them to have babies? And what if you form relationship points with babies that are born while you aren't playing the sim? Do these all get erased if you say you don't want to age them?
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 5:52 AM
I love the idea of a seamless aneigborhood. If my kid get's bored she can go next door to her best friends house and ask to play just like in real life. I am looking forward to the new graphics(hopefully I won't need a new comp for it PLEASE) and being able to actually see the town more. This TheSims is more about actually living the game and it still has the same "GOD complex" feel. All = win in my book. I hope it has cars and a better jobs and aging system too.
Test Subject
#17 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 10:49 AM
AND reason # 00: SECUROM!

so nega ...