Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jun 2008 at 12:19 AM
Default What do you think and/or want the price for Sims 3 to be?
I checked the sims 3 forums and I didn't see this thread. I did a search and didn't see this thread. But if I made a mistake and this thread has already been made then please tell me.

This thread is about the price for the sims 3.

The price I want is free, but I'm 99.9999999% sure that won't happen.
The price it probably will be is around $20-$50.

I'm thinking it probably won't be as cheap as 20, or 30 dollars. But there is a small chance.

My guess would probably be 49.99 dollars.

What do you think?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 27th Jun 2008 at 12:23 AM
I got my sims 2 at costco, I paid 29.99 for it. So that means in a real store it will be 39.99. I can afford either one, but if its 49.99 then I will wait to be wowed by someone richer than I am who bought it.

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 27th Jun 2008 at 12:25 AM
The base game for TS2 was $50 when I bought it on the day of release. I assume that it will be the same with TS3.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Alchemist
#4 Old 27th Jun 2008 at 12:56 AM
1$ would be nice, wouldn't it?
Field Researcher
#5 Old 27th Jun 2008 at 1:30 AM
The base game for TS2 was about AU$89 when it was first released in Aus. I'm thinking that TS3 will be about the same price. But if TS3 comes packed with loads more features, ie. weather, cars, downtown lots, gardening, and things from TS1 & TS2 EP's as well as things like gradual aging, seperate shoes from clothes, adjustible heights, better build options, etc, then I would probably pay up to AU$140. However, I don't think it will be that expensive because they would price themselves out of their market. They'll probably keep it under AU$100.

Please call me Ace
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Jun 2008 at 2:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coltraz
1$ would be nice, wouldn't it?

It would, but -1$ would be much better.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 27th Jun 2008 at 4:00 AM
http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/Prod...roduct_id=70858

has it listed as $49.99 for the pre-order.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 27th Jun 2008 at 6:09 AM
Like Rabid said...WHAT?!
-50- FRIGGIN' BUCKS?!
...I got mine around 40 dollars.

So long, my luckless romance
My back is turned on you
I should've known you'd bring me heartache
Almost lovers always do

Lab Assistant
#9 Old 27th Jun 2008 at 6:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rabid
The base game for TS2 was $50 when I bought it on the day of release. I assume that it will be the same with TS3.

Same, got mine for about $50.
I think that's an "appropriate" price. I don't mind it that much.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 27th Jun 2008 at 2:57 PM
I think Best Buy usually has a deal for the first few days when a game comes out you can get it for $10 off or something...

I know I'll get it eventually, but I don't think I'll be getting it at release.
Test Subject
#11 Old 27th Jun 2008 at 3:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by androfire
I checked the sims 3 forums and I didn't see this thread. I did a search and didn't see this thread. But if I made a mistake and this thread has already been made then please tell me.

This thread is about the price for the sims 3.

The price I want is free, but I'm 99.9999999% sure that won't happen.
The price it probably will be is around $20-$50.

I'm thinking it probably won't be as cheap as 20, or 30 dollars. But there is a small chance.

My guess would probably be 49.99 dollars.

What do you think?

$20?? I hope so!!
Original Poster
#12 Old 27th Jun 2008 at 4:11 PM
Yeah, but I'm 89 percent sure that it won't be as low as 20 dollars.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#13 Old 27th Jun 2008 at 4:16 PM
Game prices vary depending on where you buy them, and when. There are sales, etc., but pretty much -all- new games come out at $40-50 nowadays. Sales may knock off another $10, and if you wait some months you may get it cheaper.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 27th Jun 2008 at 4:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Selene1212
I think Best Buy usually has a deal for the first few days when a game comes out you can get it for $10 off or something...

I know I'll get it eventually, but I don't think I'll be getting it at release.

Around me I usually go to 3 differnet stores for the games and I usually get rewarded with a few dollars knocked off after the release.

So long, my luckless romance
My back is turned on you
I should've known you'd bring me heartache
Almost lovers always do

Lab Assistant
#15 Old 28th Jun 2008 at 7:26 AM
The Price alone for The Sims 3 would only be the tip of the iceberg, then theres the EPs, SPs, Merchanise, etc. and usually the add-ons arnt much cheaper than the Base Game Alone anyway.

Then theres the Hunger to improve your System Specs, so you can get more playabilty, and enjoyment out of the game.
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 7th Jul 2008 at 1:06 PM
i think i got my TS2 for £29.99 and get my EP's for £20 and SP for £10 in a store called GAME in the UK, i think TS3 will be about £29.99-£39.99 in England and EPs will be about £25.99, even though i want it to be much less! :D

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#17 Old 7th Jul 2008 at 1:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ConradThe2nd
Then theres the Hunger to improve your System Specs, so you can get more playabilty, and enjoyment out of the game.

Yeah, no kidding. I've spent a lot more on new computer hardware to run my games better (okay not just TS2 but all the games I play) than I ever have on the games themselves.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 7th Jul 2008 at 1:42 PM
I got The Sims 2 for around €50 (Bol.com sells it for €49,99 even nowadays)

I bet it would be around €50 again, hope it's not higher then that.. :P

PS:
According to a site, €50 is 78.23 USD
#19 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 8:54 AM
Look what they did with the price change of console games; New PS2 games were about $50. A new PS3 game costs $60

So..I bet that in-store price will be something like $60.

Note: 78.23 FOR THE SIMS 2?!?!?!?!?!?! Wtf?
Test Subject
#20 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 3:15 PM
The sims 2 only costed me $49.99 and when I go to target and wal-mart games are still $49.99 when they come out... so I'm guessing that the Sims 3 will be about $49.99.

[SIZE=3][COLOR=DarkOrchid]*flip flops..belly tops..lemonade under the shade..blue skies..hot guys..late nights..water fights..ice cream..sweet dreams..party time..looking fine..sleeping in..sneaking out..thats what us girls are all about!*[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 3:36 PM
i agree, $50.00 seems like a fair amount for TS3. you never know, though.
i actually only paid $15 for the base game of TS2, but that was because i bought it at Half Price Books and used an extra 25% off card. :P
#22 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 4:32 PM
i got my sims2 for 35 € when it released! yay..haha
i hope sims3 won't be too expensive!!! :/ oh well...i'm still gonna get it!
#23 Old 13th Jul 2008 at 7:49 PM
50 buckaroos, most likely. I spent that much for the game when I bought it, a few years after it was released.
$20? Nahhh, it won't be that cheap. TS2 stuff packs cost around that much.

P.S. Who cares about spending $78.23 on Sims 2? Um, it's a great game!