Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 3:46 AM
Default Potential problems on the horizon...
It's nice to realize that MTS2 and sites like it, have had such a salutary effect on EA & Maxis et al. I see that in trying to accommodate us, they have at last given us a type of true customization in the CAS, at least as far as race and somatotype goes.

Does anyone know if this customization extends into the areas of height, bust developement and hips? Not to look a gift horse in the mouth or anything, but anything less than that will feel like a half step to me.

I for one, will truly relish the opportunity to visit the other houses I've built in the neighborhood. But I forsee potential conflicts on the horizon, if and or when our modding community comes up with an anti-aging clock for the new sim. What are your thoughts?

I'm only laughing on the outside
My smile is just skin deep
If you could see inside, I'm really crying
You might join me for a weep
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 9:43 AM
I don't think you can adjust their heights, unless you put them into another age-group otherwise EA would of already said so by now. But like the Sims2 there will bound to be stretchskeleton cheat for that.

But you can certainly adjust their fatness or thiness to far more extend than The Sims2 had available.
#3 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 4:09 AM
I've read more than once that you can adjust their height. I'm hoping for more than that though, like sliders for bust, hips, waist and booty would be nice. Then there would be way more variation in the game, but I doubt they'd do that. Probably, we'll all end up with sims with A cups just like in TS2.
#4 Old 26th Jul 2008 at 7:51 AM
I acctually think there will be more body options available in TS3. cus on their site there is a picture for body range and there are like at least 5 diff levels from really skinny(anorexic sims in my opinion) to extremely obese. So I think that ability is a major improvement on the body adjustment options. And i dont think that sliders for booty and chest and sholders maybe are not all that far fetched. maybe lol
Field Researcher
#5 Old 26th Jul 2008 at 8:28 AM
brokenwings33, I don't think they're gonna make an anorexic body type, after all this game has no age limit (I hope this is the right word). And some sick parents may sue EA/Maxis for giving bad examples to their children, or something.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 27th Jul 2008 at 1:01 PM
From what I've read, hips, busts and height aren't customisable. I guess busts and hips would increase with weight, though
Test Subject
#7 Old 27th Jul 2008 at 1:29 PM
I bet if enough of people ask for it, it will become true in one of the expansions for the third part, or maybe even in the third part itself.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#8 Old 27th Jul 2008 at 9:19 PM
I'd say Sims 2 sims are more like B cups than A cups... which is pretty average, and what I think they were going for.

As for anorexic... I'm sure they wouldn't do the extreme version of it with ribs sticking out and shoulderblades and spine visible like those who are near death with anorexia... but many people with eating disorders are not extremely skinny to that same degree - that's why they're able to hide it for so long. I'm pretty sure I've seen sims in the pics that are quite slender (I remember one comparison with a male sim from skinny to muscular to fat), which would do just fine to simulate a skinny sim - if you want to call them anorexic rather than fine boned, that's up to you and your imagination.

Alek92 - Due to the way the game works it would be unlikely for them to add a completely new slider if they didn't already have it built in from the very start. It's entirely possible they may build in extra levels of detail that they don't enable from the start but that wouldn't be a matter of enough people asking for it eventually - just them putting stuff in that they will fully implement at a later date.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 1st Aug 2008 at 10:50 PM
I was listening to morning radio the other day. And during a discussion about the problems endemic to those ladies who's mammary developement is beyond double D. I was very gratified to hear a couple of ladies say, that they thought that 34C was just about the ideal size. For their clothes to hang right. To feel feminine. For attracting sexual partners. And was the largest size that wasn't an impediment to sports activity.

In selecting from among the very fine enhancements in that department, available elswhere. I have always gravitated toward that exact size, in my seemingly endless efforts to render a sim that is an idealized representation of womanhood. It's nice to see that my masculine sensibilities have found some accord in a feminine quorum.

Improvements in texture and symmetry not withstanding (truly excellent representations of these factors will most likely still tax all but the finest systems anyway) if Sim3 truly hopes to lure the majority of this community (which I wholehearted assure you they are indeed aware of) away from, you should excuse the expression... the bosom of it's predecessor, it will have to offer us something substantive in the way of an improvement to the existing methods of augmentation. Elsewise, I believe that most of us will simply buy their first issue, and then continue to patronize our marvelous modding marching society.

I'm only laughing on the outside
My smile is just skin deep
If you could see inside, I'm really crying
You might join me for a weep
Test Subject
#10 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 2:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Onah
brokenwings33, I don't think they're gonna make an anorexic body type, after all this game has no age limit (I hope this is the right word). And some sick parents may sue EA/Maxis for giving bad examples to their children, or something.

if thats the case, they'd also ban the obese sims as well for being bad examples. can't have one without the other.