Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jul 2008 at 12:06 AM
Default Will they be able to burn down entire houses?
On TS1 and TS2, when a house has caught on fire, furniture and sims have burned but not the actual house itself. Do you think they will be able to burn houses this time? What do you think about this?

Good: It would be more realistic and I'd love to have a creepy burned house in my neighborhood

Bad: If someone built a house they loved, it could be destroyed by some reckless sim
Advertisement
#2 Old 29th Jul 2008 at 12:09 AM
OH CRAP!

I don't really want the whole house to be burnt down!
If that feature is put in the game, I hope the AI will be smart enough to be able to call the fire department. Unless you remembered to put in the smoke detector. Maybe sprinklers could be added two.
Test Subject
#3 Old 29th Jul 2008 at 12:20 AM
I remember how in the older SimCities, you could toggle 'Disaster Mode'. Maybe they could do this for The Sims 3.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 29th Jul 2008 at 12:39 AM
i think its a good idea, imagine some of the pictures and videos people could create with that as a back drop ! amazing !

Head Of Staff & Writer @ LivingSims Magazine

Interested In Working At LivingSims ? Then Check This Out
#5 Old 29th Jul 2008 at 7:11 AM
I think it'd be awesome!!! :D
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 30th Jul 2008 at 10:31 AM
It'd be nice to get a disaster mode for TS3. That is, if you can handle rebuilding parts of a huge neighborhood.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 4th Aug 2008 at 5:36 PM
id love that...although i'd like the feature to turn it off and just let fires happen as they do now.....
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 4th Aug 2008 at 6:07 PM
Yeah, I`d like to see that.

I`d also like for the sims to stop Freaking out when there is a fire and grab an extinguisher or pick up the phone and call the fire department rather then look like they are doing some sort of cult dance.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 4th Aug 2008 at 9:21 PM
it would be sad but cool, and a little bit morbid if you did it on purpose
#10 Old 8th Aug 2008 at 11:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by angeleyez87
Yeah, I`d like to see that.

I`d also like for the sims to stop Freaking out when there is a fire and grab an extinguisher or pick up the phone and call the fire department rather then look like they are doing some sort of cult dance.

Even better, if the way they reacted to the fire was based on their personality. So a resourceful sim would know to put it out, a ditzy one would be doing the fire dance, and a very mean sim would be laughing and enjoying things being ruined.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 16th Aug 2008 at 9:52 PM
I think it would be awesome a whole house or building could burn down. Its not that id wish for something that took me hours to make to burn down, but if its going to be like the sims 2, you can just exit and not save. Also I like the spontaneous aspects of the game. I like to play where you don’t know what’s going to happen all the time, it makes it more fun and challenging for me. Whenever I try to play with plans I get bored. And not to get off topic here, but in another thread they were discussing pregnancy odds with random woohooing and again for the way I like to play that would be so great. But I do feel that randomness should perhaps be set be the player before the game starts...
#12 Old 17th Aug 2008 at 1:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VarianceTheory
Even better, if the way they reacted to the fire was based on their personality. So a resourceful sim would know to put it out, a ditzy one would be doing the fire dance, and a very mean sim would be laughing and enjoying things being ruined.

They should at least have different "holy crap, a fire!" dances. There's nothing more demented looking than 6 or 7 Sims doing a synchronized "ahh! what'll we do?!" dance.