Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#26 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 2:59 PM
VERY INTERESTING! Which s4pe version did you use?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 3:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kuree
VERY INTERESTING! Which s4pe version did you use?

There doesn't appear to be a version number in either the program title or the Help -> About menu of the program. The date modified of the .7z file is July 12th, so I can't have downloaded a newer version in the last three days (if there is one). The date modified of the .exe itself is July 10th.

I might be missing something really obvious, of course. If there's somewhere else I should look for the version, let me know!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#28 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 3:16 PM
Thank you. Since we are still working on the wrappers and libraries, s4pe itself is almost identical to s3pe. Thus, the version number is still s3pe's.

The one I uploaded to github uses old compression algorithm. Based on what I've discovered, the game is able to identify both compression algorithms!
Field Researcher
#29 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 3:25 PM
I just checked github and the version there says s4pe v0.1a, so I guess that's what I'm using? My download library in Firefox says I last downloaded the s4pe.7z file from github.com on Saturday the 12th.

I'm guessing identification of both compression algorithms is good? My knowledge on the subject is hazy.

I know there's still a lot to do in terms of figuring out modding, but let me know if I can do anything else to help or test. My first thought when I edited the skin was "hey, clothes recolors!", but in my temporary excitement I forgot that I'd have to add a recolor, not just replace a default. Not as close as I thought I was!
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 3:26 PM
I'm calling it - all hail Kuree as the next Twallan!

On behalf of the Sims community, I would like to thank you modders greatly for putting in time and effort to decode TS4 (and the game isn't even out yet!) which will eventually allow for some amazing mods and custom content! :lovestruc Loving the progress you guys have made!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#31 Old 25th Aug 2014 at 11:34 PM
Moving to TS4 > Modding Discussion. Let me know if you think that's not where it belongs =)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Page 2 of 2