Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 9:44 PM
Default Do you think it will eventually be possible to create and set tags for CAS?
Hey-o

Like many, probably I have been playing the CAS demo since it was (finally :-P) released to the public.

One thing I really like is how elements can be tagged. Right now its just a nice novelty, but eventually as the content of the game grows with expansions and downloads it could prove essential to ease access to specific clothes, hairstyles accessories etc.
However I find the tags a bit limited, like the male clothing category has no purple tag and there are no tags for things like "floral" or "striped".

So do you think the talented modders of this site will find a way to create tags and attach them to the items?

I very much hope so!

....so says the Phoenix! ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 12:11 AM
No doubt it will be possible. The power of modders is insane. I just hope the same awesome modders as we have with Sims 2 and 3 are going to be so dedicated on Sims 4 as well.
So far a few of them seem to be, so that seems promising!

The Sims 4! Weirder Sims! Aren't they weird!? Look how weird they are! Bet you can't wait to see how weird their stories are!?
Eminence Grise
#3 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 2:56 AM Last edited by Srikandi : 15th Aug 2014 at 3:16 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Phoenixfire88
Hey-o

Like many, probably I have been playing the CAS demo since it was (finally :-P) released to the public.

One thing I really like is how elements can be tagged. Right now its just a nice novelty, but eventually as the content of the game grows with expansions and downloads it could prove essential to ease access to specific clothes, hairstyles accessories etc.
However I find the tags a bit limited, like the male clothing category has no purple tag and there are no tags for things like "floral" or "striped".

So do you think the talented modders of this site will find a way to create tags and attach them to the items?

I very much hope so!

Granthes has already worked out a whole bunch of the flags. Down the road flag setting will probably be implemented into his Color Magic tool. No big secret to figuring out what each one does; just a lot of time-consuming fiddling and testing.

Probably no purple tag for males shows up just because there aren't any items that have it yet. You can definitely flag a male item purple.

Adding brand new flags that don't currently exist, though, like "floral" or "striped" would involve changing the format of the files... there are a fixed number of flag fields. So that is probably not a moddable thing. I suppose you could repurpose an existing flag... by changing its name and reflagging everything that has it Don't think that would be worth doing though.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 6:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Granthes has already worked out a whole bunch of the flags. Down the road flag setting will probably be implemented into his Color Magic tool. No big secret to figuring out what each one does; just a lot of time-consuming fiddling and testing.

Probably no purple tag for males shows up just because there aren't any items that have it yet. You can definitely flag a male item purple.

Adding brand new flags that don't currently exist, though, like "floral" or "striped" would involve changing the format of the files... there are a fixed number of flag fields. So that is probably not a moddable thing. I suppose you could repurpose an existing flag... by changing its name and reflagging everything that has it Don't think that would be worth doing though.

Hey thanks for the in-depth explanation. Actually there are a couple of male shirts that are purple... Bummer that we probably can't do custom tags, but at least they're settable

....so says the Phoenix! ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Eminence Grise
#5 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 2:15 AM
Old thread, but since it's still here, many flags can be set in the current version of CM. Some flag names are still unknown... but now we have VelocityGrass's findings on flags