Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jun 2020 at 4:48 AM
Default Changing the mood of existing buffs
I'm trying to change Romantic's Lovelorn buff to Sad, because it peeves me a little that the description says Sad but the gameplay says Tense. So I import the buff's XML files into S4S, look for all references to the Tense emotion, and swap them with Sad, so that it looks like this:

And then I open it in-game, and, uh...

Alright, what am I missing here?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 25th Jun 2020 at 4:37 PM
Either a hidden buff, or the game hasn't realized you changed anything due to caches. Make sure your localthumbcache has been deleted when testing, and if you paused when the buff was already on him make sure to let the game register it. So hit play and see what happens.

Creator Musings is a Sims 4 modder, poser/animator, and CC creator hangout server (though everyone is allowed) with a tutorial/resource directory, help channels, and mod/cc/sims 4 news channels!
My Discord | Twitter | Tumblr | Patreon
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Jun 2020 at 9:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MizoreYukii
Either a hidden buff, or the game hasn't realized you changed anything due to caches. Make sure your localthumbcache has been deleted when testing, and if you paused when the buff was already on him make sure to let the game register it. So hit play and see what happens.

I'd added the buff manually, so that wasn't the issue, but I cleared the cache and it worked like a charm! Thanks!