Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd May 2008 at 8:06 AM
Default Exclusive new sims 3 photo
just got an e-mail with an "exclusive" look at a TS3 screenshot before they put it in their webpage,
Probably a lot of you got it as well? if you look in your email that you used if you allowed email from the sims3.com website
So far this is the only size they showed and only pic.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 23rd May 2008 at 8:23 AM
This is already being discussed in another sims 3 thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd May 2008 at 8:28 AM
Aaah i did not see it and yes i did look, oops. well this can be locked and deleted then
Alchemist
#4 Old 23rd May 2008 at 1:46 PM
I hadn't seen this pic before or the other thread, thanks fireflies
Scholar
#5 Old 23rd May 2008 at 2:07 PM
Thanks fireflies! The scenery looks so good
Field Researcher
#6 Old 23rd May 2008 at 2:27 PM
Thanks a lot!
But I am frustrated about how much more I notice that it looks exactly like The Sims 2. I don't see any graphic differences (not that I care about graphics) and I immediately think it all could have been The Sims 2 with CC. The landscape isn't that fascinating either. I prefer looking at Strangetown or Pleasantview. This picture looks like it's taken out of a cartoon.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 23rd May 2008 at 2:29 PM
I think the lightning is much better and give the whole setting a more realisitc look. Could be the scenery itself too. Looks very calm and peaceful, like Tahiti.
#8 Old 23rd May 2008 at 3:04 PM
I personally adore The Sims 3. As far as I've seen the screenshots they are amazing. I think there are a huge difference in The Sims 2 and The Sims 3. I like the body sizes the most. But ofcourse there are so many things more.

Thanks, fireflies for posting that picture. I haven't checked my email for quite awhile and didn't know that I had too received that pic. Thanks again!
Instructor
#9 Old 23rd May 2008 at 3:31 PM
There's a great improvement. It's just not too noticeable unless you compare things side by side (Snooty Sims has a great comparison page...). I think we have to remember The Sims 2 was released years ago, at the time it was graphically an impressive game, but it has kept the same out dated style since while every other game was enhancing. Plus, there's still a lot of time to go... lots of improvements to come I guess!

The Sims 3 is kind of like what The Sims 2 should've been, had it been released a year or so later?
Scholar
#10 Old 23rd May 2008 at 3:39 PM
I think it looks pretty good... I'm just sad I probably won't be able to get it because my computer will go caput. I'll have to wait a while

I also hadn't seen this before. Thanks fireflies (cute name too)
Alchemist
#11 Old 23rd May 2008 at 5:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by The_Oceanborn
Thanks a lot!
But I am frustrated about how much more I notice that it looks exactly like The Sims 2. I don't see any graphic differences (not that I care about graphics) and I immediately think it all could have been The Sims 2 with CC. The landscape isn't that fascinating either. I prefer looking at Strangetown or Pleasantview. This picture looks like it's taken out of a cartoon.

the game is still a year away. I personally think they're working more on the actual game play mechanics now as opposed to graphics
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 23rd May 2008 at 5:12 PM
Well, so far, I've seen:
-Sims can have picnics! I can't wait to see this!
-This picture might be taken inside some sort of a park--or outskirts of town.
-What's that plumbbob doing there? Is it on top of a building?
-There are beaches in TS3! Another whee! Looks like BV might have some elements in TS3!
-Some types of plants that we're getting in TS3. We know that elements of Seasons are in the base game, so I guess this is just a drop in a bucket of how much plants we're getting.
-The sky FINALLY has clouds--not just a boring blue sky.
-I love that there are mountains in the background.

Nice picture! Looking good so far!
#13 Old 23rd May 2008 at 5:28 PM
I just hope this isn't a bait and switch tactic, and that the picnics are actually in the game. ^^
Also, whee first pic with a child in it.. How cute! (First Pic that I've seen in any case)
Forum Resident
#14 Old 23rd May 2008 at 9:30 PM
I really hope that beach gives us the option to go for a swim in the ocean.
Alchemist
#15 Old 23rd May 2008 at 9:38 PM
Thanks a lot!

I can't figure out how that looks anything like Sims 2, graphically it is extremely advanced. The scenery and seemingly the movement are much more realistic, the foliage is REALLY detailed, the light and the shadow on everything looks almost perfect, there is a vast background that seems to stretch forever, and even the sky looks real. Like you say, it does look like a cartoon, but with good effects, sort of like a modern animated movie. That style doesn't really look like TS2 at all, at least to me.
I'm not saying this is better, just I can't see how it looks "exactly like The Sims 2"...

Quote: Originally posted by Elyasis
I just hope this isn't a bait and switch tactic, and that the picnics are actually in the game. ^^
Also, whee first pic with a child in it.. How cute! (First Pic that I've seen in any case)

Definitely possible! It's been said before, but when TS2 was coming out, and EA was dropping pictures and videos, there were a lot of features that were not in the game, or looked nothing like what we ended up getting. So I wouldn't be surprised if the picnic option is nowhere to be found when TS3 comes out. I hope it is though!!
Test Subject
#16 Old 23rd May 2008 at 11:05 PM
It looks very beautiful and lush...
Mad Poster
#17 Old 23rd May 2008 at 11:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coltraz

Definitely possible! It's been said before, but when TS2 was coming out, and EA was dropping pictures and videos, there were a lot of features that were not in the game, or looked nothing like what we ended up getting. So I wouldn't be surprised if the picnic option is nowhere to be found when TS3 comes out. I hope it is though!!

Technically speaking, we can take a picture of a picnic in TS2 too. Hope it's not the same in TS3 and what's pictured it's actual real, cheat-free gameplay.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 23rd May 2008 at 11:38 PM
I am just hopeing the graphics hold up unlike sims2 ever did.
It would be nice to see a picnic ability in the game,
i wont hold my breath to any pics we see based on what they pulled with the sims2.
One more thing that has been noticed: there seems to be no reflection from the water so far, will have to wait till the game release to see i suppose.
#19 Old 24th May 2008 at 12:21 AM
aggghhhh i cant wait!!!!!
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 24th May 2008 at 2:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura
Technically speaking, we can take a picture of a picnic in TS2 too. Hope it's not the same in TS3 and what's pictured it's actual real, cheat-free gameplay.

I agree. I shouldn't be using a cheat to have a picnic. I hope this pic was taken cheat-free, as in no cheats used when this picture was taken.

Did I mention how beautiful the mountains and clouds were? :p
Forum Resident
#21 Old 24th May 2008 at 4:50 AM
Yeah, but I am sure I seen a pinic table before...hmm Oh yeah either on the back of FT or BV, hopefully this is actually going to be real.
Instructor
#22 Old 24th May 2008 at 5:12 AM
I hadn't seen this photo or the other forum before either, so thanks! The clouds and mountains make it look like The sims world isn't just flat! yay! I won'te have to cheat so badly to get photos to look real!

Thanks a lot!

Check out the comparison photos at Snooty Sims here: http://www.snootysims.com/thesims3index.php?id=compare

There's a huge difference in how the game looks compared to Sims 2. I wasn't into The Sims 3 before seeing the comparisons. And if this is objects in the base game, imagine what great CC will come from the new game. I remember not wanting to switch from The Sims 1, but in the end, i'm sooooo glad I did. Looking at the old screenshots it's amazing I was able to play anything I'm most excited for the smaller build/buy mode grid. how nerdy is that? I just hate when you have to have things seperated a strange distance to have them be usable.

Quote: Originally posted by Willow's Tara
Yeah, but I am sure I seen a pinic table before...hmm Oh yeah either on the back of FT or BV, hopefully this is actually going to be real.

No picnic table on either BV or FT boxes...so it's still looking good.
Test Subject
#23 Old 24th May 2008 at 12:21 PM
This is great. Does anyone have that picture in a bigger size? Im amazed by how realy and clear it looks. I cant wait until TS3. Also the comparison thing is amazing. Everything looks so real. Im very excited.
Forum Resident
#24 Old 24th May 2008 at 12:30 PM
It almost looked like the sims in the background wee holding hands while walking together, but they're not..shame that would be quite cool. Still, it looks like sims can now walk side by side and talk..aswell as the whole family picnic thing. Nice

Check out my Sims for Download Here :)
Take a Look at my Re-Model's of Houses! Here
Even the best fall down sometimes...
Even the stars refuse to shine...
I somehow find, You and I..Collide...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 24th May 2008 at 9:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StrawberryKisses
This is great. Does anyone have that picture in a bigger size? Im amazed by how realy and clear it looks. I cant wait until TS3. Also the comparison thing is amazing. Everything looks so real. Im very excited.

I blew the pic up a bit, you can find it here

http://customsims3.com/forum1/YaBB....205948569/60#60

You will need to scroll down the page a bit to see it.
Page 1 of 4