Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 9:10 PM
Default New Website!
They changed the website! It has a TON of new content!!

If you signed up to be a VIP, there is a page with a new interview!
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 9:18 PM
Link for those who have forgotten it already:
http://thesims3.ea.com
Mad Poster
#3 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 9:19 PM
You beat me to it, darn! lol Thank you for the post because I noticed it today and realized that even the very front page has changed and so now the whole site has a new look. I like it so far and the new pics are great! Notice their facial expressions? They are so much more improved and there are more of them now!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 9:21 PM
The weird thing is, I had a dream about the sims 3, and I wasn't even thinking about it last night.

Weird...
Scholar
#5 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 9:28 PM
o great! i like it! now...if only there was a forum... >_>
unkless that what Community is..i dunno...also why dont the pictures ever load right? omg dude
edit: 1 new pic? meh... i hate to say it...but it looks like pack art
i really doubt (SP?) itll be like that..( im a optamist...) but if it is like that then...O_O
Mad Poster
#6 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 9:30 PM
Damn, that Ben Bell guy is kind of cute. I'd date him, lol. He is the best looking one on the team so far.
Scholar
#7 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 9:47 PM
LMFAO! o come on. we all know you secretly have a crush on Will
Mad Poster
#8 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 9:50 PM
LOL, not really to be honest. Though, I don't think he's ugly at all for his age.
#9 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 10:05 PM
I got an email from them saying the site updated and I could get the first VIP exclusive download by entering this code, but everytime I click on the VIP section, after barely a second, it flips back to the front page. I wish I knew what was up with that. I only saw one new screenshot and really no new info. Not much of an update.
Scholar
#10 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 10:23 PM
everyone all the BBS is all "OMGZ!!!!11! WHERE IZ MAH ITEM?!?"
they all think its like...a pre realease of CAS or somthing >_>
ooo the sims 2BBS...teh lulz that it brings :P
Alchemist
#11 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 10:29 PM
I knew it wouldn't be a pre release of any kind, but what is downloadable? All I see is a blog entry from Rod. Nothing to download at all.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 10:34 PM
Underneath that are some links for what looks like wallpapers. They're not downloadable yet though.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 14th Aug 2008 at 3:47 AM
I think the VIP thing is the Rod Humble thing.

I don't know
Scholar
#14 Old 14th Aug 2008 at 3:50 AM
i dont think anyone dose LMAO
well i guess thats the update for the month then yes?
kinda lame...but better than nothing
maybe theyll realease more info in the next few days? i dont think so...but...who knows.
edit: also i love how all the new info we get a majority of it is just re-worded of stuff we already know with quick little new stuff here and there)
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 14th Aug 2008 at 3:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
Damn, that Ben Bell guy is kind of cute. I'd date him, lol. He is the best looking one on the team so far.

LOL! Frankie, I also said he was cute when saw him, but he's married.
Scholar
#16 Old 14th Aug 2008 at 4:00 AM
I shall name him Garth...

Mad Poster
#17 Old 14th Aug 2008 at 4:35 AM
As for the VIP, I also didn't see anything downloadable. But the info we got was great. Here are some highlights that some of you may have missed that would be great to discuss:

01. First off, looks like they definitely canned the "favorite color" idea of the Sims' personalities, now it's only food and music.

02. Will your Sim attend the right training exercises, salute the right military personnel, and skyrocket from a lowly Latrine Cleaner to a high-flying Astronaut? Will they hit the sports stadium, impress the talent scouts, and make winning plays that catapult them from a Rabid Fan to Sports Legend? Maybe your Sim will perfect their guitar skill, headline concerts, and be worshiped by legends of fans who propel them from the life of a Roadie to Rock Star status. Your Sims’ destinies are up to you!

Wow, there really are some Super Star elements in this game. Astronauts, sports players and rock stars!

03. Terms have changed, "Dreams" and "Promises" from a few months ago have not been mentioned since the first preview or two. Instead we have "Wishes" and "Opportunities".

04. From the exclusive photo there is an adult male Sim and a child male Sim painting a female adult Sim and the child is way better than the adult, lol. In fact, the child's is a masterpiece and the adult is almost a stick figure style, lol. Too funny! http://thesims3.ea.com/screenshots/...ioFINAL_big.jpg

05. Looks like my wish came true. I had said in a previous thread a while back about EA that they should update TS3 with new info once a month and now it states that that will happen.

I can't wait for more!

EDIT: Oh, and from the new blogs at the official site, it sure seems like they are finally trying to be more part of the game like for Sims 1. Sims 2 was just a disaster compared to Sims 1 in terms of being handled. I think EA realized that and wants to "change".
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 14th Aug 2008 at 11:27 AM
It's nice to see genetics making a return with somewhat of a vengence, that kid looks like a perfect cross between his mother and father.
Instructor
#19 Old 14th Aug 2008 at 2:23 PM
I hope there are some superstar elements too - that quote makes me more hopeful

All my Sims shall be rock stars!
#20 Old 14th Aug 2008 at 6:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
04. From the exclusive photo there is an adult male Sim and a child male Sim painting a female adult Sim and the child is way better than the adult, lol. In fact, the child's is a masterpiece and the adult is almost a stick figure style, lol. Too funny! http://thesims3.ea.com/screenshots/...ioFINAL_big.jpg

I don't know if anyone else really cares much about this, but from this picture it looks like your sims can paint horizontal AND vertical paintings as opposed to only vertical ones like in Sims 2. :yippee:
Mad Poster
#21 Old 14th Aug 2008 at 7:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stellar
I don't know if anyone else really cares much about this, but from this picture it looks like your sims can paint horizontal AND vertical paintings as opposed to only vertical ones like in Sims 2. :yippee:

I think that the easel will allow for more painting sizes too, so it kind of makes sense to have them be able to paint any way. In the preview video there is a guy painting in the park and his painting is horizontal and much wider than the easel itself.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 15th Aug 2008 at 1:25 AM
Well, I don't know if anyone else really cares much about this, but from this picture - http://thesims3.ea.com/screenshots/...g13CAS1_big.jpg
It seems the shine in the sims' eyes are now dynamic. Compare the first and last frame.
#23 Old 15th Aug 2008 at 1:26 AM
Default Great!
Quote: Originally posted by AdamMLover
They changed the website! It has a TON of new content!!

If you signed up to be a VIP, there is a page with a new interview!

I know the site looks great!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 15th Aug 2008 at 12:27 PM
This is so much better!
In the 'Seamless Neighbourhood' section, it mentions being able to visit your best friends' house for a dinner party. I'm aware that the neighbourhood was opening up, but I find this particularly exciting!
The thing I'm thinking is, I wonder how you'll be invited to said dinner party? Will it be a from meeting them on the street, or a phone call, or will it come through the post, or an email? This adds a great dimension for me and I can't wait for it.
Mad Poster
#25 Old 15th Aug 2008 at 11:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura
I think that the easel will allow for more painting sizes too, so it kind of makes sense to have them be able to paint any way. In the preview video there is a guy painting in the park and his painting is horizontal and much wider than the easel itself.

Yes, it has been stated in earlier articles that Sims can now paint differently than others, in that one Sim can paint one version of a sunset while another Sim can paint a different version of the same sunset so as to make it as if Sims now have different eye vision and imagination. This is very neat! I assume traits are responsible for this.
Page 1 of 2