Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Sep 2008 at 8:22 PM
Default System Requirements
I'm not sure how many hundreds and tons of topics on this were previously made but I'm not a regular around here and I don't know where to find any of them.

I just saw that YouTube Sims 3 clip which finally managed to get me real excited about this, but I was wondering what kind of computer would one need to play this? Should I start saving money to get a desktop PC or is my laptop good enough? Would a mid-end system with 512 video memory (say, geforce 9500m), 3 GB ram, dual core processor do it?...

I really can't imagine how much RAM and what cpu would one need if the whole town is processed at once...

(again sorry if there were topics already made, I'm just excited)
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 9th Sep 2008 at 8:41 PM
Please see here: http://forums.sims2community.com/showthread.php?t=57989

System requirements have not been released, but based on the requirements for Spore, and those required to run all EPs at a reasonable performance level, we've put up our best guesses.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Locked thread | Locked by: HystericalParoxysm Reason: Covered in computer hardware & software forum.