Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#76 Old 21st Aug 2008 at 7:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simcharley1990
i don't like the look of sims - yess change hieght and thst in cas but i prefere the way they look now, the facial features i mean they look really unrealistic in ts3

What do you all mean by 'they don't look real'? You're missing the point- they do look real. Like real sims! They are not humans, and they aren't meant to be.
Advertisement
Theorist
#77 Old 22nd Aug 2008 at 5:22 AM
They look somehow real, but not real human, but real barbie doll. I mean it. Their skin reminded me a lot of barbies.
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 22nd Aug 2008 at 8:26 AM
I'm eagerly awating this game, For me its a Sims lift.

I've skimmed through this thread and i notice alot of people disliking the whole "N'hood playing it self" Well, I personaly love that fact.

because i play my family alone, I cant careless for the other families because i simply cant be assed to load their house, Play for their wants that i dont care about. SIMPLY so they work with MY family.

If i want a wife for the guy im playing, I create one and stick her in to his house. xD. I Hate Loading times.

AND THERE ARE NONE IN THE SIMS 3, MAN thats SUCH an improvment to me. ALSO the self playing n'hood. I can play my family and the rest of the community will do the same. JUST like it is in real life.

On the other hand, i dont like the way the sim's looks, I didnt really like them in the sims 2 either. But we all know it wont take long for the custom content to be created, And imagen the things that will be modded and created in the sims 3. I CANT WAIT....

It will be so Epic.
#79 Old 23rd Aug 2008 at 4:12 AM
The gameplay is what really draws me to TS3. It's really interesting how much more deep the gameplay is... No more ratrace, hamster wheel Sims, I hope.
Field Researcher
#80 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 12:25 PM
I get what people are saying about sims looking realistic. I think some of us don't like the new look of the sims because we are too use to having CC. I'm not saying I want mine to look exactly like humans but TS3 sims look like play dough to me and all the sims faces from the TS3 website video looked identical to me, but like I said CC will probably sort this out eventually.

Overall, I'm on the fence about whether the new game will be better. I can't stand the thought of the computer playing all my families for me, it will probably make me just have one family and only control them which would suck I get how the whole "cycle" thing in sims 2 can get annoying but any family I don't find fun to play I just delete so it isn't such a drag to keep everyone's ages in sync.

Also, apart from all the personality traits, which I think I like most of all, I don't really see any new drastic changes. Ok you can explore the neighbourhood but if there is only one, the novelty will wear off soon enough. Moodlets and wishes sound exactly the same as wants and fears to me. I haven't read too much about the removal of the needs panel but if it is gone I think one of the challenges has been removed.

I do like that you can change their voices but that is a minor advantage overall I think.

Saying this, I'll probably be first in queue in February to get mine! lol

Quote:

I am slightly thinking (and hoping lol) that TS3 does not take off well and TS2 still goes strong.

I think that's very selfish of you.

Quote: Originally posted by chyrun
I think that's very selfish of you.

I don't get why this is selfish? :S
#81 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 5:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emodawg
I get what people are saying about sims looking realistic. I think some of us don't like the new look of the sims because we are too use to having CC. I'm not saying I want mine to look exactly like humans but TS3 sims look like play dough to me and all the sims faces from the TS3 website video looked identical to me, but like I said CC will probably sort this out eventually.

I agree, The way sims look is the only thing that i've seen and don't like about the sims 3. But i'm not too worried because I can always get default replacements. I don't really understand the "Moodlets" and things, mostly because i'm used to wants, fears, and aspirations (which is something I love about the sims 2).

I love the idea of a seamless neighborhood. I think I would enjoy playing one family and then being shocked when another family walks by or comes over and they've grown up or had children (i'd also be surprised to see how they look when they get older). I think the sims 3 will bring a different aspect to the sims overall, so I try not to compare it to older versions of the sims. Plus, I'll probably play the sims 2 and 3, so if there's something I dont like about it, I can always go back to my old neighborhoods
Scholar
#82 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 6:48 PM
For me this game will be a lot better than the Sims 2. I like playing and create stories with a general direction line but if the game can make some unpredictable events it would be giant ! I like too the seamless neighborhood and these traits and multiple personnalities possible.
I would be a great game, I'am quite sure. :D
#83 Old 6th Sep 2008 at 3:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emodawg
I get what people are saying about sims looking realistic. I think some of us don't like the new look of the sims because we are too use to having CC. ...
... I can't stand the thought of the computer playing all my families for me, it will probably make me just have one family and only control them which would suck ....
... I don't really see any new drastic changes. Ok you can explore the neighbourhood but if there is only one, the novelty will wear off soon enough. ...
Saying this, I'll probably be first in queue in February to get mine!
I agree 100% ! I have the same issues with TS3.
I still don' t totally get the global-neighboorhood-aging thing but if I got it right I'm not sure I'm gonna like it. I like to play my families one by one. Of course, I was one of the "OH-NO-I-DON'T-WANT-MY-SIMS-TO-AGE-AND-DIE!" people before TS2 came out, and now I love that feature, so..

The biggest turn off is the way the sims looks, they look like plastic. Sims2 sims look like plastic too, but I think they're prettier in their own cartoonish way! I really hope it will be possible to add custom skintones and clothes. I dont like my sims to look too realistic, I like them cartoonish, but TS3 sims really looks like they were made out of clay. They reminds me of MTV's Celebrities Deathmatch.
I like the height-weight sliders thing, tho. I hope this is not just a rumor (I've seen screens of the weight sliders, but not the height ones).

On a final note, as you said, I don't really think TS3 is going to be *this* different from TS2 when it comes to gameplay.
I mean, of course it is different, but.. I don't know. I remember that TS2 was really a total revolution compared to TS1, while TS3 looks more like a graphic-improved TS2. Considering it's going to cost 60$ I wish it was better. I honestly think they could have just stuck to TS2 expansions for a while, instead of making a new chapter of The Sims.
Still, I already know that, no matter how many faults I'll see in TS3, I'll buy it for sure. Maybe not the day it is released like I used to do, but I'm definitely going to get it. I'm pretty much like a spoiled, whiney 7 years old girl when it comes to The Sims. And Barbies.
#84 Old 7th Sep 2008 at 1:26 AM
Oh lord no. The popup sounds terrible.
Too Neopets-y.

-sends mrs crumplebottom on Maxis- BAD. :handbag:
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 7th Sep 2008 at 10:17 PM
what i was wondering is will we still be able to have custon content for the sims 3
because on this one i think that the skins look quite barbiedollish and not really as realistic
hmmm
#86 Old 7th Sep 2008 at 11:35 PM
I dont really understand why noone likes the new skin, in ts2 I use every type of CC exept the skin. it wouldnt really be sims without the cartoonyness of it all.
Alchemist
#87 Old 10th Sep 2008 at 2:50 PM
I'm glad they're getting rid of wants, fears and aspirations. I never paid attention to them anyway
Page 4 of 4