Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Aug 2008 at 3:33 PM
Default Clubs & Organizations? and Multi-tasking?
So I as thinking about things that would make Sims 3 more realistic, and I came up with a few things.

1. How about Clubs and Organizations the Sims can join? I think there is a few of these in Sims 2, but I think it would be awesome if they could join an organization such as the Humane Society, and they could choose to volunteer and stuff.

2. Multi-tasking? I know that there's a little bit of it in Sims 2, but it's just like, sitting on the couch and studying. Or eating and talking to others at the table. I know a lot of people who can do ten things at once, and I think that they should have the option to do multiple things at once. Now obviously you wouldn't be able to do some things together, but something like feeding the baby while listening to your kid talk about his day at school.

It bothers me in Sims 2, like when you tell your adult sim to give their toddler a family kiss or whatever, and if the toddler is playing with the bunny thing, the adult will stand there until the toddler, stops playing with it and turns around. If there was multi-tasking, the adult could just kiss the toddler on top of the head while he's playing and then be on his way.

3. Oh, I just thought of this. I think they should expand the number of things that multiple sims can do at once. Like two people could wash their hands in the same sink, instead of the one who got there second backing up and raising there hand and complaining that they can't get to it.

Thanks if you read that long thing!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 11th Aug 2008 at 5:44 PM
I'd be extremely, extremely surprised if The Sims 3 didn't have at least some level of multi-tasking. Those ideas would add a lot of realism to the game and I, for one, wouldn't miss the 'stop what I'm doing, pause, turn around, pause again, carry out task' nature of gameplay in The Sims 2.
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Aug 2008 at 5:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Adrianics
I, for one, wouldn't miss the 'stop what I'm doing, pause, turn around, pause again, carry out task' nature of gameplay in The Sims 2.

Exactly! It's so unnatural.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 11th Aug 2008 at 8:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stellar
3. Oh, I just thought of this. I think they should expand the number of things that multiple sims can do at once. Like two people could wash their hands in the same sink, instead of the one who got there second backing up and raising there hand and complaining that they can't get to it.
I'd be happy if they'd just patiently wait their turn instead of throwing a hissy fit.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 11th Aug 2008 at 9:20 PM
I also hate when sims completely ignore other sims when they're caught up having a water balloon fight. I hope TS3 sims are much more of their surroundings and know when to cancel out of certain activities when more important things come up. It's awful when Timothy is too preoccupied with playing Punch Me - Punch U with his best friend to notice that his wife is patiently waiting to greet him with a kiss!

I also like the multi-tasking idea. It would be nice if sims could talk on the phone and fix breakfast or carry on a conversation while stargazing.

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Instructor
#6 Old 11th Aug 2008 at 9:53 PM
I'd love multi-tasking. Simple things like being able to talk on the phone while cooking, for example. Something so basic will just add a nice touch of realism.
Test Subject
#7 Old 12th Aug 2008 at 8:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by happycowlover
I also like the multi-tasking idea. It would be nice if sims could talk on the phone and fix breakfast or carry on a conversation while stargazing.

yeah and then bad cooks who try to also talk on the phone would make fires lol
Original Poster
#8 Old 12th Aug 2008 at 10:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by durene
yeah and then bad cooks who try to also talk on the phone would make fires lol

Haha that's exactly what I was thinking.
Test Subject
#9 Old 22nd Aug 2008 at 11:50 PM
like as for the club thing that could probbably include some teams 2 like prefessional gamming teams, football teams, chess teams, cheer squad, bands exetera exetera