Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 2:23 AM
Default Product Placement Increase?
Right now we already see some Product Placement in the sims 2 series from car downloads on the Sims 2 website, such as the Ford Fusion. Can we possibly see more of this product placement in the sims 3, which could be good at a financial standpoint?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 2:24 AM
I'm sure we will. EA is like any company in that it likes to make money, and other companies will jump at - and pay for - the chance to place advertising in such a popular game.

Instructor
#3 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 2:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Daisie
I'm sure we will. EA is like any company in that it likes to make money, and other companies will jump at - and pay for - the chance to place advertising in such a popular game.

That was exactly what I was thinking, other companies would love the thought of putting their input in and getting a sum out of it!!!
#4 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 3:47 AM
I'm sure we'll see more. I don't have a problem with it though. I feel like we kind of win with the things they've given us. I like a lot of the H&M clothes and I like having more cars in the game to choose from. Wasn't there some McDonald's thing and a Pepsi machine in the first Sims? Plus there's rumors of an Ikea Stuff Pack in the works. I'm sure product placement will continue, but it's fine as long as we get good stuff for our Sims.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 11:12 AM
I'd rather have H&M clothing and Ikea furniture than some weird deisgns made so as to not copy any known branded objects and clothing.
#6 Old 31st Mar 2008 at 1:13 AM
I do predict more product placement in the future, and there's nothing wrong with it...some of the stuff looks really good in-game, such as the Ford cars and the various parodies of different companies in the Sims.
Test Subject
#7 Old 31st Mar 2008 at 2:39 AM
many games have product placement aswell as TV shows. and movies... and i mean i like Volcom... so it would be cool to have volcom stuff for my sims in sims3

^_Q
#8 Old 31st Mar 2008 at 1:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Neema
Right now we already see some Product Placement in the sims 2 series from car downloads on the Sims 2 website, such as the Ford Fusion. Can we possibly see more of this product placement in the sims 3, which could be good at a financial standpoint?

0.0 not too sure i understood what you were trying to say, but i think that ts3 will have some Spore elements like directly downloading the items you use; something simmilar to microsoft powerpoint clip art sistem(you have a huge list of cliparts, you choose one and it will be directly downloaded to your ppt)

so... maybe big companies will make their own items available for download; take H&M or maybe IKEA(rumor) as example
Test Subject
#9 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 10:51 AM
advertisment = money

Ford, IKEA, H&M, etc. = big money

EA = likes money
Original Poster
#10 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 8:56 AM
Hopefully EA gets enough advertisement to make the game uber cheap..then again, if it becomes $1, our sims might look like Nascar drivers with ads all about them.

Sim 1: Hey Bono, whats up?
Sim 2: Not much Pink, I crashed my iPod Racer into the Walt Disney store on Borders Street
Sim 1: Did you hit anyone?
Sim 2: Only Dick Cheney..man, his Gucci handbag is ruined now!
Sim 1: Who cares about the hand bag!!! Is he okay?
Sim 2: Who cares about him? I care about his Samsung Verizon Cellphone and his Remington 700 rifle that has Nascar engravings!

Note: Im random....and apparrently i joined this site before the sims was even created
Field Researcher
#11 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 8:54 AM
Yeah, well, Sim 2 had better watch it or Cheney will be after him with that fancy Remingon! :D

I can see more product placement in the future. I think they were just testing the waters with the IKEA pack and Ford cars. Maybe they'll even add a 'click and buy' option! (I'm kidding- sort of.)
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 10:25 AM
I refused to buy the IKEA and H & M stuff expansion packs as I like my sims to leave in the "Sim" world and didn't like the inclusion of "real" brands in my game. If product placement is rampent in the Sims 3, it would put me off buying
#13 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 12:05 PM
I hope to see more product placement in the game. I really don't mind. The objects looks nice, I mostly even prefer Maxis stuff and you have to agree that the objects from IKEA and H&M Stuff looked really neat! Also, the cars give us more options.

As long as the stuff looks fine, I don't mind and want it!