Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jun 2019 at 3:48 AM
New Version Of Midnight Hollow
Hey guys, i would love to make a lighter and more natural verion of midnight hollow but i need some instructions because ITS HARMFULLY DARK

I scoured the internet, but posts were often expired or contained invalid links, so I ask here

I dont like the light, the dark plants and the grey terrain so i need some help to change it.

I really like the well-stocked city of Midnight Hollow, but I think it's too dark. I have SimPE, but I do not know what files to import and how to transfer that into the game.
would not like to use mods, i want do it by myself.
With Override Mods I had also no good experiences, this changes the light in each game world and not all objects are taken over by plants Overrides.

Now I tried to uninstall the plants, but it did not work :/

Here to my questions /

1. Is there a way to work around this and still uninstall the objects?

2.How do I import the sky and light from Aurora Skies to Midnight Hollow?

3. How do I import the terrain paint or meadow / earth pattern / color from Twinkbrook into the landscape of Midnight Hollow?

4.How do I Import this into the game?

It would be awesome if someone could help me 😍😍😍
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 20th Jun 2019 at 8:07 AM
That's a major project and there are no simple "Do this and it's done" options, I'm afraid. There are two ways go go:

1) You stick to ingame tools. That means a different lighting mod, as well as plant default replacements etc. The lots are so dark because everything in them is casted so dark, so you would have to renovate all lots. You could make default replacements for the terrain paints.

2) You edit the world in CAW, here you can make all the changes you want in regards to terrain paints, plants, lighting etc. and it would affect only this world. You'd export it from there as a world you can install. You'd still have to makeover the lots because the wallpapers and floors are just dark, this will be slightly less obnoxius with different lighting but still way to dark for a "normal" town.
Store worlds cannot be edited though so you need to repackage and decrapify it. Or you use the unpopulated CAW versions from here: https://cawster.wordpress.com/categ...s/store-worlds/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Jun 2019 at 9:15 AM
Thank you for the fast reply

Now i had fix it

the only problem that i have now is to fix the Mapview, it shows the terrain the way it was :O
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Jun 2019 at 9:17 AM
here a few pics
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#5 Old 21st Jun 2019 at 4:07 AM
I was actually considering a project like this in making a default replacement of the world and retheming Midnight Hollow to a more New England-ish/Appalachian feeling.

It would require replacing the terrain paints in CAW and modding/replacing the trees so they aren't always dead. Unfortunately you can't just swap out terrain textures- the low-detail texture maps are generated when you export from CAW.

One issue though is that Midnight Hollow actually creates a lot of its darkness through the use of CaST- if the replacement terrain is too light, the lots may stick out.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Jun 2019 at 2:37 PM
Thank you for replay i had followed the instruction but had problems with the mapview what i had write.Now i had try to export this in create a world and had problems to safe it and the export one wont open.
Screenshots