Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jul 2020 at 9:33 AM
Default Social interaction outcomes and their weights
I've been trying to create a social interaction that's difficult to get a positive outcome from and it's not based mainly on the relationship/social context.

So as far as I'm aware (and what I think showed up during testing - though testing randomization sure is difficult) if I have two potential outcomes with the same base_value for weight, one of which is positive and the other negative, and they both pass their tests, the game will randomly choose one of them (and both have the same chance to be chosen). My question is, if I bump up the base_value for one of them does that mean the one with the higher value will always be chosen or will it just have a higher probability? Tdescs aren't really making it clear to me. I think it should be the second one, but after testing it, and not having good results I spent a couple of days trying to randomize outcomes through different means, before coming full circle while reading tdescs today and again thinking it should be done with base_value. As I said, it's not easy to test randomization, so maybe I was just unlucky previously?