Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 1:29 PM Last edited by fairycake89 : 10th Jan 2013 at 1:41 PM. Reason: hadn't finished ranting!
Default Alien Abduction. Nooo!
Well my writer sim was going about his business. No space rocks, no telescopes. He was just writing his novel when he was drawn outside (against his will) to investigate an anomaly. He was sucked into the air by a flying saucer and was later sent back to earth with an unusual moodlet and the next thing you know he's suffering 'unexpected weight gain'. Now ... Naturally my curiosity got the better of me and eventually I realised *duh* he was expecting and guess what? Family funds were less than 200 Simoleans and he was living in a hovel. That was fine for him, but with a child too!?!?!

This is where my rant begins.
I had intended to do a complete rags to riches thing with this sim but because he was pregnant and poor I *had* to make him chat up and immediately marry the first female he sees, purely to raise the cash to provide a home for the incoming baby.

I was unaware at the time that he could send the baby back to space if he wanted to (upon giving birth) but he was already married by then! Therefore my sim's life has taken an entirely different turn and he's raising a green child in the sort of house he'd never dream of having (he left his wife and booted her out after the child was born, this was a purely financial 'arrangement'). So yes, I'm a tad peeved. Sure he got the rags to riches but certainly not via the route I'd envisaged for him.

Oh yeah and his dog is weird too!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 10:52 PM
Sometimes when you play with 'life' the unexpected happens...

CHECK out The Real Simwives of Starlight Shores!: http://www.youtube.com/realsimwivesHD
Field Researcher
#3 Old 11th Jan 2013 at 12:57 AM
Boy that is one weird looking dog in the second pic!

but as KLTboy said, the unexpected should be expected in the sims!

You're lying to Sam like he's your wife. Which kinda makes me your mistress.
Scholar
#4 Old 11th Jan 2013 at 3:40 AM
You have Pets...I can my PC shut's down whith Pets

P.S.:I'ts a really new compute....
One Minute Ninja'd
#5 Old 11th Jan 2013 at 3:49 AM
That's a dog? I thought it was his weird alien kid.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 11th Jan 2013 at 5:08 AM
I realised that if you have enough junk littering the yard, your sims living in that lot will never get an alien abduction visit. I was trying out the Abduct Sim interaction from that alien galaxy space car and received a notification that there isn't enough space on the lot of some of the sims that I try to abduct, including one of the ghosts that is haunting my own lot. That probably explains why I have never seen an alien abduction for my sims even though I have already played almost 2 full season rotations.

The only space big enough on my home lot to place a trampoline or build an igloo is right in front of the main porch. I don't even have enough space to place the sim gnobb set on the lot. So if you don't want any alien abductions, put stuff around the yard to block the open space for the abduction. I have no idea how big the open space has to be for the abduction to occur though.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 11th Jan 2013 at 2:08 PM
Sims: The game where to prevent your male sim from getting pregnant, you need to throw a bunch of trash on your yard.
Scholar
#8 Old 13th Jan 2013 at 1:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chaosme
I realised that if you have enough junk littering the yard, your sims living in that lot will never get an alien abduction visit. I was trying out the Abduct Sim interaction from that alien galaxy space car and received a notification that there isn't enough space on the lot of some of the sims that I try to abduct, including one of the ghosts that is haunting my own lot. That probably explains why I have never seen an alien abduction for my sims even though I have already played almost 2 full season rotations.

The only space big enough on my home lot to place a trampoline or build an igloo is right in front of the main porch. I don't even have enough space to place the sim gnobb set on the lot. So if you don't want any alien abductions, put stuff around the yard to block the open space for the abduction. I have no idea how big the open space has to be for the abduction to occur though.

They can snatch them from places other than your home. My sim was abducted while she was smustling at the disco.