Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jan 2013 at 12:33 AM
Alien Abductions
Hello! I'm really enjoying the new life state: aliens! (: So I'm continuing a legacy I had put on hiatus to fiddle with the Seasons expansion pack and my game kept lagging / CTD and such. I solved this issue by moving out my eldest son and I guess just having less sims is easier for my laptop to process? Anyway- he's been abducted by aliens twice so far and not become impregnated. He's dating his first abductor, Stockholm Syndrome and all that, but they're the same sex and cannot reproduce without the use of a mod. I'm trying to get my male sim abducted and impregnated so I can for story's sake, say that his alien boyfriend and himself have an heir. Does anyone know if the LTR Fertility Treatment will increase the chances of Delmore ( my male sim ) conceiving via alien abduction? If I move his alien boyfriend in, I'm assuming I get the saucer as well. If that's true, will I have the option to then abduct Delmore and impregnate him USING his boyfriend? And lastly, are there any in-game tricks to boosting the chances of alien conception? Thanks for any advice you can spare (:
Advertisement
One Minute Ninja'd
#2 Old 25th Jan 2013 at 1:06 AM
Well, alien pregnancy results from implantation, not impregnation, so I don't think the fertility treatment will help you there. As far as your male sim heir getting pregnant by his male alien significant other, you will need some sort of mod like WooHooer that supports same sex pregnancy. Should his alien boyfriend move in, he would have use of the UFO, but I don't know why you want the impregnation to take place in the UFO rather than on the ground. I think the UFO is used for implantation's, and is not a valid woohoo location, so impregnation would kind of be ruled out, but I honestly haven't tried woohoo in a UFO yet, although now I might add it to my to do list.
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#3 Old 25th Jan 2013 at 1:18 AM
One thing you can do is use Master Controller to make an "instant baby" using the normal sim and his alien boyfriend as the two parents. It will use both sims as a genetic base, and have both listed as parents. Now, I'm not sure if this will work with a alien sim, but if it doesn't, or you really really want the whole pregnancy thing, you can use that mod to add the "Unexpected weight gain" moodlet. Doing so will trick the game into thinking an abduction and implant has occurred, resulting in a bouncing baby alien. The game will assign an alien sim as a parent, but you can also use Master Controller to change the family tree.

As for "in game" tricks, without mods, collecting and analyzing space rocks and looking through the telescope do increase the chances of getting abducted, but it is not guarenteed. there is also a mod at simsasylum that will help increase the chances of abduction. You will need to register on the site, but it's a safe place. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...13-new-version/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Jan 2013 at 1:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Well, alien pregnancy results from implantation, not impregnation, so I don't think the fertility treatment will help you there. As far as your male sim heir getting pregnant by his male alien significant other, you will need some sort of mod like WooHooer that supports same sex pregnancy. Should his alien boyfriend move in, he would have use of the UFO, but I don't know why you want the impregnation to take place in the UFO rather than on the ground. I think the UFO is used for implantation's, and is not a valid woohoo location, so impregnation would kind of be ruled out, but I honestly haven't tried woohoo in a UFO yet, although now I might add it to my to do list.

Sorry for the confusion about the differences between impregnation / implantation. I didn't think about that, oops. Thanks for the tip, though (:
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Jan 2013 at 1:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ButchSims
One thing you can do is use Master Controller to make an "instant baby" using the normal sim and his alien boyfriend as the two parents. It will use both sims as a genetic base, and have both listed as parents. Now, I'm not sure if this will work with a alien sim, but if it doesn't, or you really really want the whole pregnancy thing, you can use that mod to add the "Unexpected weight gain" moodlet. Doing so will trick the game into thinking an abduction and implant has occurred, resulting in a bouncing baby alien. The game will assign an alien sim as a parent, but you can also use Master Controller to change the family tree.

As for "in game" tricks, without mods, collecting and analyzing space rocks and looking through the telescope do increase the chances of getting abducted, but it is not guarenteed. there is also a mod at simsasylum that will help increase the chances of abduction. You will need to register on the site, but it's a safe place. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...13-new-version/

I'm not a big fan of MC, simply for the fact that it offers a little too many options for my taste. Just having Twallan's Story Progression mod can be a tad overwhelming for me...
For now, I'll continue stargazing and collecting space-rocks but if that doesn't get any results by the end of tonight, I'll venture out and find that mod to just add the unexpected weight gain moodlet. Thank you very much for your help! (:
Field Researcher
#6 Old 25th Jan 2013 at 7:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RadioactiveBrownies
I'm not a big fan of MC, simply for the fact that it offers a little too many options for my taste. Just having Twallan's Story Progression mod can be a tad overwhelming for me...
For now, I'll continue stargazing and collecting space-rocks but if that doesn't get any results by the end of tonight, I'll venture out and find that mod to just add the unexpected weight gain moodlet. Thank you very much for your help! (:

But unlike Awesomemod for example, you don't actually have to use a single Mastercontroller option if you don't want. Story Progression will change things as that is what a story progression should do but Mastercontroller is, well, contorolled by you.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Jan 2013 at 12:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sirah81
But unlike Awesomemod for example, you don't actually have to use a single Mastercontroller option if you don't want. Story Progression will change things as that is what a story progression should do but Mastercontroller is, well, contorolled by you.

That's comforting, thanks! I might go ahead and give MC a try, then. It's been a few sim days and still, no abduction.