Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 6:06 PM
Default How much is one sims store point worth?
I was just looking at the sims 3 store passing time till i get sims 3 on Friday .
I was just wondering how much one sims 3 store point was wroth?
I'm just wondering how I'm going to spend my free points.

Typical of ea to make us pay for stuff they could have put in the game!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 6:14 PM
Ooh, I've looked it up before xD
(Here's another european unfortunate who doesn't get her game until thursday)

$10,- are 1000 simpoints... So yeah, you can get about 10 to 12 items for your free points... *virtually spending her points*
Theorist
#3 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 6:26 PM
It's pretty simple. One point = one penny, so if something costs 1900 points, it costs $19 real dollars, which is insanely over-priced.
Test Subject
#4 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 6:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Misty_2004
It's pretty simple. One point = one penny, so if something costs 1900 points, it costs $19 real dollars, which is insanely over-priced.

I know, it is! I miss the stuff packs...

I'll spend my free points, after that, I'm relying on you guys to make me some pretty CC ^^ (Sorry, still don't know how to make anything but clothing myself...)
Instructor
#5 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 6:47 PM
actually in the UK I think we get 1000 points for £5 which means it works out to 1/2 a pence a point.

But they may well change that. You know what the be like!
Field Researcher
#6 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 6:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sidheed
actually in the UK I think we get 1000 points for £5 which means it works out to 1/2 a pence a point.

That's probably because the exchange rate is in your favor.

If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. ~ Katharine Hepburn
Test Subject
#7 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 7:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Wind_child
Ooh, I've looked it up before xD
(Here's another european unfortunate who doesn't get her game until thursday)

$10,- are 1000 simpoints... So yeah, you can get about 10 to 12 items for your free points... *virtually spending her points*

Best Buy is selling $10 Sims 3 cards for $5 this week, so we can probably expect sales like that to push the online store often as time goes by.
Eminence Grise
#8 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 7:16 PM
I've read that the value of SimPoints (and other similar Internet currencies, like the one Xbox 360/Games for Windows uses) is not set just by exchange rate; it's also set by the market in different places. So, essentially, poorer countries get cheaper points. Don't ask me why the US is not considered a "poorer country" at this point though
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 9:13 PM
thanks everyone.
its really annoying how expensive the items are. im guessing that ea will not be doing many stuff packs anymore. I doubt i'll be buying much more after my free points are used up. lol.
I can't wait till Friday till I get my game.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 9:59 PM Last edited by Neil__ : 2nd Jun 2009 at 10:11 PM.
I totally disagree with them charging for the type of items we'll all be able to get free from here.

But if they must charge then it has to be a nominal charge at most.
One full set is 2000 points. $20 (nearly 1/3 the price of the complete game) for something they should sell for no more that 20 Cents.

That's just extortionate and a complete insult to their customers.
I can't understand why people would pay it.
Inventor
#11 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 10:52 PM
some people have money to waste :/
but for us normal class people it's a diff story.
but then again, i dunno, i MIGHT get some points for my self every now and then, as a little treat, but then again, again, people will prob make better stuff for free anyway.
Plus my mobile hardy has cred so i dunno how i'd be bothered to get points :/ oh well ^^
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#12 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 11:08 PM
EA is a business and they'll do what works out economically for them. It costs a lot of money to ship cds all over whe they may not sell. If you post individual items on the website, then people will download the things they like and not other stuff - no overhead except running the website.
Some people will buy and if the rest of us can't figure out how to mod the game,. they'll lose millions of customers.
Test Subject
#13 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 1:50 AM Last edited by monty : 4th Jun 2009 at 2:04 AM. Reason: link to page
Default Euro Zones?
Quote: Originally posted by Sidheed

I saw a message on thesims3 forum which states that 1000 points might cost €12.00 which at todays exchange rate equals $16.90 approx. I will, however, state I cannot check this as I am unable to log into the site, until I receive my copy of the game.

If this is the case I will be very annoyed as I don't see why it should cost me so much more than than my UK neighbours across the border (which is a drive of about an hour and a half from where I live in RoI).

I will hold back on my unhappiness until I am hopefully proved very wrong.

This is the link I followed

http://nl.store.thesims3.com/index.html

I know it is in Dutch (please don't shoot me if I got that wrong, I'm sorry I don't understand the language)
Field Researcher
#14 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 10:28 AM
EA will be happy when they hear that every single item from their store has been released through the usual channels.

By happy I mean having a hissyfit
Field Researcher
#15 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 10:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
I've read that the value of SimPoints (and other similar Internet currencies, like the one Xbox 360/Games for Windows uses) is not set just by exchange rate; it's also set by the market in different places. So, essentially, poorer countries get cheaper points. Don't ask me why the US is not considered a "poorer country" at this point though

lol Maybe it's because the game was made here. If it were made in England, Australia, or somewhere, we'd probably be on the lower end of the exchange.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 10:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shikonah
lol Maybe it's because the game was made here. If it were made in England, Australia, or somewhere, we'd probably be on the lower end of the exchange.

That could very well be true and we might even get it released here first for a change If only.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 6:22 PM
Default Sim Store Petition
If anyone is interested, a petition has been started over on the official Sims 3 forum:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/4652.page

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_p....cgi?simstore&1

If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. ~ Katharine Hepburn