Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 10:07 AM
Default Stupid Question maybe ?
What is a patch and how long does it usually take until they release one because i cant get the sims 3 until my exams are finished on the 19th of june and hope there might be one out by then ? And where do i download it ?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 10:14 AM
There is a downloads section of the Sims 3 website they would usually go there. But i believe there is an updater also, not sure if they automatically looks for the patches or not.

What a patch is, is something which looks to resolve the issues and bugs that people are reporting with the game. They are effectively applying a coding bandage to fix the problem so that it works 'properly'.

Just as an aside, EA is famous for recalling patches as sometimes they have caused more issues than they have fixed. So I always hold off getting it for a couple of days and checking the various offical and unoffical forums for details about if it is a good opr bad patch.

As for how long it will take, how long is a peice of string.

I would have expected a bad patch to have been released by this stage, so it could be that EA are actually double checking and triple checking that what they release is in fact addressing the major issues people are having.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 10:15 AM
A patch fixes certain bugs and errors that were present in the release version. Patches come out anywhere from almost immediately to several months down the road. They'll be available from the official site when they're released.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Stupid people are stupid
#4 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 10:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimSuperstar
What is a patch

A patch is a dowload which fixes certain bugs in a game.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patch_(computing)
how long does it usually take until they release one?

Could be days, could be weeks or even months. According to a lot of people EA already has one ready, but not yet for download.
And where do i download it ?

On the official website. Just keep an eye on this site. We'll tell you when it's out and link you to it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 10:19 AM
Ok thank you very much !