Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Animated Modern Ceiling Fan

by cmomoney Posted 16th Apr 2011 at 9:39 AM - Updated 3rd Nov 2012 at 3:20 PM by cmomoney

149 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 50 Feedback Posts, 98 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 6
Theorist
THANKS POST
#51 Old 20th Apr 2011 at 6:46 PM
So, here I was yesterday building a recreation of my own house when I started putting in the lights. Well, half of the rooms in our house have ceiling fans and the game doesn't include a single one! Thank you so much for this!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#52 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 3:07 AM
could you make it in sims 3 pack please
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#53 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 9:17 AM
You Rock!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#54 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 5:26 AM
Thank you so much for this. I have 2 fans from the store but was always disappointed they didn't work.
Wiki Wizard
THANKS POST
#55 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 1:52 PM
Wow this is phenomenal, you're such an amazing creator
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#56 Old 26th Apr 2011 at 7:00 AM
I've been trying to figure this one out for months! I also had the idea of desk and floor oscillating fans as well...
Field Researcher
#57 Old 28th Apr 2011 at 4:29 PM Last edited by lizbethbear : 28th Apr 2011 at 5:21 PM.
stupid question time!!! Q. Do I have to download the mod to use with 3rd party fans IF I already have your ceiling fan in my game?

thank you for your speedy reply and why on earth would I ever want to remove your lovely fan?? its perfect
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#58 Old 28th Apr 2011 at 4:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lizbethbear
stupid question time!!! Q. Do I have to download the mod to use with 3rd party fans IF I already have your ceiling fan in my game?

No, the mod is included in my fan. Although, if you remove my fan, other fans using my mod will no longer function.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
#59 Old 30th Apr 2011 at 10:30 PM
Hi, first of all i want to say,that the new way for putting .packages files,doesn't work for me!!!
I did every step on the site,i did it all correct,i checked 3 times if everything was ok and it was!!!
And non of my .packages stuff came in the game,so i putted it all like the old way!!!
Second thing,i can't click on the ceiling light to make it rotate,how must i do it,am i doing something wrong must i click somewhere else then on the ceiling light,?? I hope you can help me because i like very much your ceiling light!!! By the way,my game haves the last update installed,so that can't be the problem and like i said,the new way doesn't work for me,its only works on the old way,i can put the ceiling light put i can't let it rotate!!!
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#60 Old 1st May 2011 at 12:01 AM
If the new way won't work for you, the fan won't work for you. Only thing I can suggest is to try the The Custom Launcher by Granthes.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
#61 Old 2nd May 2011 at 1:11 AM
hey i love this ceiling fan but i have one question i have a church that im building and i will just like to know if its okay with you may you please may a ceiling fan thats 4 blades without a light and that turns stills please thank you have a blessed day
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#62 Old 2nd May 2011 at 3:35 AM
thank you for sharing it! it's really a great idea!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#63 Old 3rd May 2011 at 7:04 PM
thanks for sharing it! could you also do a mod for desk and floor ceiling fans?
Test Subject
#64 Old 7th May 2011 at 9:29 AM Last edited by Patrick09 : 7th Jul 2011 at 12:49 PM.
You can try hampton bay fans ... i am also using it...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#65 Old 7th May 2011 at 1:07 PM
Thanks!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#66 Old 17th May 2011 at 6:43 PM
Where to learn??
Test Subject
#67 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 5:36 AM
well strange I downloaded the mod and it does not work. Could it be its because I downloaded Generations and its not compatible yet?
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#68 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 6:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sirjohn45
well strange I downloaded the mod and it does not work. Could it be its because I downloaded Generations and its not compatible yet?

It works in Generations.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#69 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 9:40 PM
Thank you! You did a really nice job on this fan. It looks incredibly realistic.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#70 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 3:25 PM
ok where to place the file... once i downloaded it and opend the file i get cmomoney_LightingCeilingFan.package what to do

:: help
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#71 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 5:38 PM
This is awesome =]
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#72 Old 10th Aug 2011 at 4:12 PM
cmo u beast thx for the fan
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#73 Old 4th Sep 2011 at 12:37 AM
Wow this is awesome!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#74 Old 21st Sep 2011 at 1:38 PM
thanks man
Smeg Head
THANKS POST
#75 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 8:39 AM
Don't know if you're aware, but Pets seems to have killed the rotation animations. The options to switch fan on and off are still present, but the fan animations do not start once activated.
Page 3 of 6