Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Link Ninja
#126 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 1:45 AM
Aimé has some cool paintings going on! Is she gonna be a pin-up artist?

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#127 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 2:32 AM Last edited by lordtyger9 : 12th Sep 2017 at 2:43 AM.
OK Here is the Roque Family on Vaction at the South Pacific Island.

Lots of pictures and so I am going to hide some of them.

We Start at the Hot Springs where they have a Massage NPC

They all had a fun time there at the Springs.

Next they went to the Monkey Ruins. Where everyone makes an offering...except for some.

They do go back to the Hotel every so often.

Back to the Ruins, to make more offerings

Now to the Beach to learn the Fire Dance.

Next they all spend some time Exploring the Pirate Ship.

Doing the Sea Shanty thing.

OK They are out of time, and they have to head back home.

Next are pictures of the now Young Adults of the Family getting Engaged at University.

First we have Aimé Roque becoming Enaged to Bruce Ottomas. Do you all think I should have them take her name? I do that a lot. Especially that in this case there are already a lot of Ottomas sims running around. I have her asking him like I do a lot.

Next we have Eógan Roque and Brooke Ottomas. First he wants to make sure she is in the right mood.

Now he asks her.

Now it is Jewel Davis and Dion Ottomas, do you all think I should have them take her name? I do that a lot. Especially that in this case there are already a lot of Ottomas sims running around. I have her asking him like I do a lot.

First she wants to get him in the mood to say yes.

Now she decides to pop the question and ask him to be engaged.

Finally it is Opal Davis' turn. In her case she is not asking an Ottomas, instead it is Blair Mace. She gets right to it as he is already in love with her.

I always make sure that All my matches are Three Bolt Matches, so they are in this case as well. Makes it easier when there is a Three Bolt Attraction going on.

That is all for the Roque Family for now. I hope that everyone enjoys my update and likes the pics.

I will be doing the Kim Family soon, give me a few days or so.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#128 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 2:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
Aimé has some cool paintings going on! Is she gonna be a pin-up artist?

She wants to be an Icon in the Show Business Career and will most likely stay in that Career. If I recall correctly I checked out her interests and she seems to be suited for that particular career. Of course it could mostly be because she is a Popularity Sim. I do have most of the sims with a higher than average Outgoing become Popularity Sims, they were going to be something else I would make them a Fortune Sim or a Romance Sim. I don't have the EP that gives sims seconday aspirations.

It is possible that Aimé might change her career after she becomes an Icon in the Show Business Career, but I don't think so. Instead I am inclined to think that she would rather Paint in her spare time.

I do have a number of .jpgs added and a lot of them are Pin up sort of art and I have custom CC art added that are the same sort of thing. A lot of them are somewhat Adult so I don't show them. I like Olivia Bernardis for example, she does a lot of Betty Paige.

Many of my Sims like to paint. So I have them do custom paintings a lot and I have default replacements that are somewhat Adult too.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Link Ninja
#129 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 4:31 AM
I love having custom paintings and then sort of assigning a style to my painting enthusiasts so they don't look so random. That's way to add a good extra depth to your sim by giving them a custom painting style.

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#130 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 6:53 AM
I love having custom paintings and then sort of assigning a style to my painting enthusiasts so they don't look so random. That's way to add a good extra depth to your sim by giving them a custom painting style.

Thanks for the Idea. I think I will try to implement something smiliar. Of course that means I will have to think about adding a few more custom paintings. I like the feature particularly since when I get tired of the same selections I can easily change what I have. I have done this already and the previous custom paintings were still there, did not seem to be an issue.

How do you go about deciding what your Sim's style should be? I don't care for the Random method in most cases. I like to have my Sims be consistent.

I like the Custom LTW Mod that I got from the InSIMenator site by Squinge, only bad thing is that he didn't update it for BV, he did update it later...but I can't use that version as I would need AL or FT. That he did not update it means that I get unamed wants for The Hot Spring, The Sauna, and the Massage Table. I like the mod well enough to put up with the issue though, since I can have Sims with a Life Time want to be an Artist, or a Cult Leader or Movie Star. It is one of my favourite mods. I am going to make a point to have more Sims with a Life Time want to be an Artist I think.

I have found that the Bat Box is very useful when switching Aspirations, I have been having my sim fullfill a LTW and then a lot of time I change the Aspiration to something else so that I don't have to rotate through all of the LTW for all sims to find something like the LTW to be an Artist in the Romance list if my sim is a Popularity sim. What I discovered is that the Bat Box has a toggle for Perm Plat. I don't use it to cheat at least I don't think it is cheating if my Sim already did it the hard way, to give it back when I change the aspiration back and forth. Make sense?

Link Ninja
#131 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 7:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
Thanks for the Idea. I think I will try to implement something smiliar. Of course that means I will have to think about adding a few more custom paintings. I like the feature particularly since when I get tired of the same selections I can easily change what I have. I have done this already and the previous custom paintings were still there, did not seem to be an issue.

How do you go about deciding what your Sim's style should be? I don't care for the Random method in most cases. I like to have my Sims be consistent.

I usually just find an artist or a set of pictures on deviant art or tumblr and then save them and resize them to make into custom paintings for example here's a series I loved, or this artist has a great style and would look good as art in the game - and you just save how many ever you want a particular sim to paint and then it becomes 'their style' so it's consistent.

Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
I have found that the Bat Box is very useful when switching Aspirations, I have been having my sim fullfill a LTW and then a lot of time I change the Aspiration to something else so that I don't have to rotate through all of the LTW for all sims to find something like the LTW to be an Artist in the Romance list if my sim is a Popularity sim. What I discovered is that the Bat Box has a toggle for Perm Plat. I don't use it to cheat at least I don't think it is cheating if my Sim already did it the hard way, to give it back when I change the aspiration back and forth. Make sense?

I have batbox but I use the simblender (I am obviously a big fan of simblender) to change aspirations though it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't - like I can go from having a pleasure sims from wanting 50 first dates, to another LTW and back to the first a few times with no progress but then sometimes I can got from that to them wanting to be a marine biologist! So It's kind of finicky but I don't find I have to do it that often. It blows that they never ported the last two expansions for Mac so you end up missing out on some mods or gets ones updated for game engines you don't have

Forum Resident
#132 Old 18th Sep 2017 at 4:05 AM
I just now saw the last update in this thread. Looks like love is in the air.
In my past games, I've let the man take the woman's last name as well as the more traditional approach. In my current game, so far, I've only allowed the males to propose. No reason why.

I love the curly brown hair on Bruce Ottomas. He sort of reminds me of Will Farrell.

Opal and Blair are an adorable couple. Blair looks genuinely surprised and thrilled to be engaged. Too bad they don't get to keep the diamond when they marry. All they get is the wedding band.

I did not know that the last two EPs were not made with Mac in mind. That seems terribly unfair, especially since they enticed Mac users in with previous packs. Maybe you can pick up an older laptop computer cheap and turn it into a SimMachine. Mine is from 2010, I think. It's an oldie but it still kicking.

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#133 Old 18th Sep 2017 at 8:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SIMelissa
I just now saw the last update in this thread. Looks like love is in the air.
In my past games, I've let the man take the woman's last name as well as the more traditional approach. In my current game, so far, I've only allowed the males to propose. No reason why.

I love the curly brown hair on Bruce Ottomas. He sort of reminds me of Will Farrell.

Opal and Blair are an adorable couple. Blair looks genuinely surprised and thrilled to be engaged. Too bad they don't get to keep the diamond when they marry. All they get is the wedding band.

I did not know that the last two EPs were not made with Mac in mind. That seems terribly unfair, especially since they enticed Mac users in with previous packs. Maybe you can pick up an older laptop computer cheap and turn it into a SimMachine. Mine is from 2010, I think. It's an oldie but it still kicking.

I actually have an old PC, it has win 7 on it I think. I don't use it because I don't really like PCs. I try to not go on about it as I like the people here and I don't care to get into an argument or go on and on about such things as why I don't use a PC. Not that I could not do it, it is just that I am here to get knowledge and share knowledge and to write about Sims 2. heh.

I really think women should be free to do things like ask a guy to marry them if they want. I very much believe in Individual Freedom and Equal Rights for everyone.

So in my Sims game sometimes a man will take the family name of the woman and sometimes the woman does the proposing. I go with it either way, it depends on which Sim is my primary focus most of the time.

I have another Family almost ready for posting, I just need to review my notes and post the pictures and so on about them. Then I have another that I need to get ready. I might be a little while though as I am focusing on the fact that I just made my 'Hood into a MegaHood when I added Talia's Subhoods to my game.
In my case Pleasantview, Veronaville and Riverblossom Hills, since I have Strangetown as my Main hood.

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#134 Old 21st Sep 2017 at 3:44 PM Last edited by lordtyger9 : 22nd Sep 2017 at 8:00 PM.
My various sub-Neighborhoods are working very nicely and I have been spending a lot of time working on them. I do have the Kim Family ready to post and so I am going to start posting parts on them.

This is the Kim Family that comes with Pets along with an Alien son of Cynthia that I added as well as Morgan Sharpe and his wife.

This is Cian Kim's Family Tree he moved into the Kim Household when he Graduated.

This is Morgan Sharpe's Family Tree he moved into the Kim Household when he Graduated.

OK so the first thing of note to happen is that the Kim Family Household previously moved from their old house to a new much larger one and now there are a couple of Weddings taking place.

First Morgan Sharpe is getting married to Kiera.

Soon afterward Cian Kim is getting married to Janice.

A Fun Time was had by all and both couples had a wonderful wedding day.

This is the Kim Household to start with, three couples Robert and Cynthia Kim, Cian and Janice Kim, and Morgan and Kiera Sharpe.

Robert Kim

Cynthia Kim.

Cian Kim

Janice Kim.

Morgan Sharpe

OK I will post some more next day, I have quite a bit to post on the Kim Family.

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#135 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 7:56 PM
This is part two on The Kim Family.

At this point we are having Babies!

Kiera Sharpe is having her baby. Nice human boy he is.

Kiera names him Eduardo.

Now it is time for Janice Kim and she is having Twins!

One human looking girl and one alien boy.

Janice names them Rhiannon and Riordan.

Wow almost before you know it, time for birthdays.

Next we have Rhiannon and Riordan, unfortunately most of Rhiannons pictures are not here, I think I must have missed taking them some how.

Oh Wow next we have a LOT of toddler training...be warned.

Note Cynthia Keeps dying and I keep bringing her back. She is pregnant btw.

Here is where I again bring back Cynthia Kim, right in the middle of Training Toddlers.

Even more Toddler Training.

We do have time for toddlers to play though.

Unfortunately some of the Kim Family Pets are getting rather old and it is their time to pass on.

Time for Gabby Kim to pass on.

Time for Cheech Kim to pass on as well.

And it is time for one of the pets that the Kim family added to the family later.

It is time for Cathy to pass on.

This is it for Part two.

I have quite a bit more pictures to post, expect more soon.

I hope that everyone is enjoying part one and two.

Forum Resident
#136 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 10:19 PM
Wow those are some busy households. Babies, cakes, and grim reapers everywhere!

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Forum Resident
#137 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 12:10 AM
Lots of great pics, Lordtyger9!

Why does Cynthia keep dying? Is she hungry or tired? You'd think with all the help she's got she'd find time to take care of her needs.

The first baby, Eduardo. Where did he get that hair? Is it a recessive gene or is papa not in the pictures?

About those missing pics ... I've had that happen a couple times with my game. It happened over the winter when I had lots of really, really sick Sims. I lost most of the shots I thought took during those rounds. I use Fraps. It's easy to use but I can't figure out why it sometimes turns off -- even though it's still in my taskbar. Do you use the same program?

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#138 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 1:07 AM Last edited by lordtyger9 : 23rd Sep 2017 at 9:38 AM.
Lots of great pics, Lordtyger9!

Why does Cynthia keep dying? Is she hungry or tired? You'd think with all the help she's got she'd find time to take care of her needs.

The first baby, Eduardo. Where did he get that hair? Is it a recessive gene or is papa not in the pictures?

About those missing pics ... I've had that happen a couple times with my game. It happened over the winter when I had lots of really, really sick Sims. I lost most of the shots I thought took during those rounds. I use Fraps. It's easy to use but I can't figure out why it sometimes turns off -- even though it's still in my taskbar. Do you use the same program?

@AliaD85
My households are almost always busy, it comes from having more than just one couple, since I frequently have two or three couples and once in a while even more in my households it can get really kind of crazy. to me it is part of the fun though. I like having to work with 3 or 4 toddlers at once and I love have some of my teens that have grown up together decide that they want to go steady and then get married with each other and that happens sometimes.

I like to have my sims live in big households for the most part, sometimes like with the Landgraad house in Bluewater Village there is not room for that many and I did not want to do a radical remodel of the house so I just keep it to a low number, in this case Malcolm and one of his sons and the wives of both is all that will fit.

It is a playing style that kind of evolved I guess.

@SIMelissa

Hair must be recessive, I can't really say since I had not noticed and I didn't change it as I thought it looked OK. I do know that Eduardo's Papa is Morgan Sharpe. I don't usually change the hair colours, but I have done it sometimes I think. I would not say that I never have, lol.

I don't really understand why Cynthia keeps dying, I know it is not from ghosts this house is new and she started dying before the pets did. I am guessing that she just does not take care of her needs like she should and because she is pregnant her needs go low easier or something. I think it is a combination of tired and hungry. I just keep bringing her back, can't have a pregnant Sim stay dead.

I use the built in screen capture feature that Mac's have, so that is not it. I thought about the missing pic thing, I think I must have deleted them because of some naked sim being in the picture. I don't remember for sure, but I am thinking that is the reason. I do know that I had to go through the pics I was posting today and pull a few and crop others for that reason. If I can I just crop out the naked sim, but sometimes the naked sim is in the middle of the pic and cropping won't work.

I just remove pics that have naked sims or ones that come out really badly with out comment usually. I sometimes have the simlogical modesty thing in some households. I think I am going to make a point to have one in every kitchen in every house. Kitchens because I almost always have the cake in the kitchen. I get the naked sims wandering in during birthdays. If I have the modesty things in place the sim will automatically get dressed.

Field Researcher
#139 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 5:32 PM
I have to say, I've never mistakenly adopted.

Lots of marriages happening in your hood lately. The Roque family had a fun and relaxing vacation. I love nighttime beach pictures.

I use Sim Manipulator to change LTWs. I don't like the random factor, either. Some of my mods from MATY do work to make the wants and LTWs a little smarter, but I use Sim Manipulator to make sure I don't end up with five Sims all with the same career LTW. After a Sim has achieved their first LTW, I tend to ignore the rest. I've also recently started having Sims ask the Genie for Peace of Mind so Sims with toddlers can make smart milk even if they haven't achieved platinum status.

Charmful, that's a good idea about having your artists have their own style and using custom paintings to show it.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#140 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 6:13 PM
This is Part 3 running a little late, because I got busy playing my new subneighborhoods of Pleasantville, Rolling Hills and Veronaville.

I like Weddings, birthdays, and other special sorts of events, so that is what I like to show of my Sims Life and I try to show you something of interest otherwise if I can.

We start off with Birthdays this time, Eduardo goes first.

Next we have Riordan's Birthday.

I want to note that one reason I do birthdays is that I was playing for something like a year before I figured out how to do a successful birthday party, so I love them now.

Then comes Rhiannon's Turn.

Sometimes I do forget to do a particular birthday party for a sim though.

Sometimes I neglect to take pictures of my Sims as Children, but this time I made them pose for me.

This Eduardo Sharpe as a child.

This is Rhiannon Kim as a child.

And this is Riordan Kim as child.

I am at a loss as to why Cynthia Kim persists in dying on me, but here she is again.

I brought her back again of course, could not have a Pregnant Sim stay passed away.

Well now we are finally getting to see Cynthia have her baby and she will stop with the dying for a while.

Cynthia has a boy and she names him Rupert.

Next I thought I would show you one of the children training the family dog, just because.

Finally for today we have a look at Rupert's first birthday party.

When I resume again we are going to be doing more toddler training, this time of Rupert.

I hope that everyone enjoys this update, won't be too long before there is another part.

Forum Resident
#141 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 6:38 PM
Hopefully, Cynthia will live a long life so she can raise up little Rupert to an adult!
I love seeing your birthdays. They are so festive and special. I sometimes have parties for my Sims but too often I just let them age up as if it's any other day.
Eduardo is a handsome child. I first thought he was a redhead, but he's a blond! Still, quite a departure from the rest of the family.

Shipwreck Island
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#142 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 7:03 PM
Hopefully, Cynthia will live a long life so she can raise up little Rupert to an adult!
I love seeing your birthdays. They are so festive and special. I sometimes have parties for my Sims but too often I just let them age up as if it's any other day.
Eduardo is a handsome child. I first thought he was a redhead, but he's a blond! Still, quite a departure from the rest of the family.

Eduardo gets his blond hair from his Grandfather Edwin Sharpe, he appears with his sister Roxanne Sharpe and her boyfriend Jonad Powers in University, I forget which one, but one of them.

So Eduardo's grandfather is Edwin Sharpe and his grandmother is Melody Sharpe nee Tinker. Shows how Sim genetics is somewhat like real life.

I usually have parties for my Sim's Weddings and frequently for their Birthdays, sometimes for Aniversaries too.

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#143 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 2:44 AM
OK another update on the Kim Household.

We are starting with another Birthday.

This is Rupert's birthday, Rupert is that new baby that Cynthia had.

Of course the next thing that needs to get done is to teach Rupert to Walk. Don't you just love toddler training? I know do.

Wew that is done!

Now for potty Training!

Now it is time for to teach Rupert to Talk.

OK Cynthia managed not to die again and and has gotten her baby through being a Toddler. what a relief.

Now it is time for more birthdays. first we have Eduardo.

This is Riordan's growing up...only one pic. What happened is that there was a party, but it wasn't for Riordan and he grew up with out a party, poor fellow I felt bad about it.

I did take some pictures of Riordan skilling on the Rock Hammer.

Also some of him running the "Confidence Course" that is what it is called in the US Military and that is what they told me it was so that is what I call it still after being out of the Military a lot of years ago, not what the game calls it. :LOL:

That is all for now, another installement on the Kim Household soon.

I hope that everyone enjoys this one. More to come yet, I took a large number of pictures.

Link Ninja
#144 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 5:38 AM
I notice there's a lot of recycle bins, do they have a secret farm/garden nearby they grow produce on?

Forum Resident
#145 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 5:52 AM
Another fun update, LT9! It cracks me up that you have your "confidence course" indoors.
So glad that Cynthia was able to stay alive through toddler training, too!

Shipwreck Island
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#146 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 8:36 AM
I notice there's a lot of recycle bins, do they have a secret farm/garden nearby they grow produce on?

I don't have any secret farm or gardens in my game, I do tend to have a lot of compost bins though, I guess it is a habit for me to have them. I try to have my sims use the compost, but I figure that if some Sim households end up with too much compost that I will have them sell of the excess. I use a Mod BoilingOil's BO - Customized Compost Bin.package that helps with the compost bins.

In real life I try my best to recycle.

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#147 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 8:48 AM
Another fun update, LT9! It cracks me up that you have your "confidence course" indoors.
So glad that Cynthia was able to stay alive through toddler training, too!

Thanks for the good words SIMelissa. I like them and I frequently have them indoors, it is one reason I like to have really large houses that way I can put stuff like that in. I make a practice to have one large floor where I can put most all of the rewards and skill training items.

I could make a point of trying to take pics of the houses if you all want me to. I don't try to up load them because I just have three basic kinds of houses some that I build from scratch are large multi-floored and rectangular in shape...some of them are built with foundations and some not, others that are the Bluewater Village Mansions with two or three floors added, and the Hellava Hacienda enlarged with a floor or two added.

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#148 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 2:56 AM
This is the Next part on the Kim Household that I am doing.

We start with more Birthdays.

In this case it is Rhiannon Kim who is having her third birthday.

Next thing you know we have another birthday to celebrate, Rupert's second Birthday.

The next noteworthy thing that happens is that one of the teens in the family get invited to go on an outing to Downtown at Club Free {this is my main club that my Sims most often go to, it is a Community Owned Club} and all of them go along on the outing.

Here is Rhiannon giving her brother Riordan a Noogie.

This is Riordan returning the favour.

Here is Rhiannon giving Llewellyn O'Donal one, because she likes him I think.

Here are some more pictures of the Outing at Club Free.

This is Riordan Kim and Eduardo Sharpe at the Karioke Machine.

Using the tent.

The Outing at Club Free was geat and a wonderful time was had by all. My teens were still hanging out at Club Free and one of them received an invite to go on an Outing, so it was decided to go to Rhys' Club Crypt O'Night, one of the club's owned by Dionicia FitzHugh Delarosa.

Everyone has to wear Formal attire at Crypt O'Night and the owner enforces the rule with a special sign.

The new outing was great at the Club Crypt O'Night as well.

After both Outings Riordan, Rhiannon and Eduardo all went home very happy and they find that someone left a Gift by their door.

That is it for this part, more on the Kim Household soon.

I hope that everyone enjoys my update.

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#149 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 5:02 PM
This is the another part of the Kim Household update that I am doing.

We start with another Birthday.

In this case it is Rupert Kim who is having his third birthday.

Eduardo is Painting.

Janice does some Painting too.

Also Rhiannon does some Painting.

We have some pictures of my Teens, unfortunately I neglected to take a picture of Riordan as a Teen...later I am going to post a picture of him as a Young Adult.

Eduardo Sharpe.

Rhiannon Kim.

Rupert KIm.

Also we moved Tiffany Riley into the house. she is a teen that met Riordan and is going steady with him. She is going to go to University with Riordan and they are going to get married after they graduate.

Tiffany Riley.

Naturally Tiffany has to do some painting.

And we finish up this update with some skilling.

Hope you all enjoyed this part of my look at The Kim Family.

More on the Kim Family soon.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#150 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 6:58 PM
:lovestruc Love the pics of Rhiannon and Riordan!

I like that you show the dialog boxes in your pictures- you certainly have a lot going on! Great pictures.

Page 6 of 14