Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Diagonal “Heat Seeker” Fireplace + Mesh Override

by plasticbox Posted 12th Nov 2015 at 4:02 PM - Updated 22nd Feb 2016 at 1:58 PM by plasticbox

33 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 3 Feedback Posts, 29 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#26 Old 8th Feb 2016 at 3:25 PM
Perfect! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 8th Feb 2016 at 4:40 PM
I just tried this in one of my smaller living rooms but it did not fit into the corner. It was a huge gap between the fire place and the wall.

I don't know why that is though because I have downloaded it before without any problems.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#28 Old 8th Feb 2016 at 5:35 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 9th Feb 2016 at 2:40 AM.
When the gap is "huge", are you sure you are actually placing it next to the wall? Is there something behind the wall that is in the way, maybe? The file has not changed since it was uploaded first, in any case.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#29 Old 24th Feb 2016 at 9:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LivB08
I just tried this in one of my smaller living rooms but it did not fit into the corner. It was a huge gap between the fire place and the wall.

I don't know why that is though because I have downloaded it before without any problems.

I see this, too. When the room is on a foundation, it will only place a half-tile out from the corner. No foundation works perfectly, but if you raise it after, the fireplace disappears. If you try to place it with the foundation already there, a tooltip tells you, "Must be placed on terrain or the floor." It behaves fine with moveobjects on, however.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#30 Old 27th Apr 2016 at 8:42 AM
A diagonal fireplace...? This...this is brilliant! I didn't know this was something I wanted but now that I see it I definately do! Thank you =D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#31 Old 4th Sep 2016 at 3:29 AM
Wow great idea!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#32 Old 12th Oct 2016 at 7:59 PM
Love it!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#33 Old 18th Nov 2019 at 7:41 PM
Very nice, great way to use corner space
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#34 Old 3rd Jun 2021 at 9:43 PM
This was a priceless addition to my game years ago. I'm so glad it's still here and works! Definitely one of those "can't live without" pieces!
Page 2 of 2