Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Apr 2014 at 4:57 AM
Default Question Re; Renting
Hi folk
Does any one know if it is possible to move a family into a house that my sim owns and have that family pay rent?
If not - is there any other way to get a family to pay rent to my sim?
I am hoping to set up a "Lord of the Manor" with tenants paying rent.
Thank you
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 9th Apr 2014 at 5:01 AM
NRAAS' StoryProgression, I think the Money module introduce the concept of rental (among other neat stuff). Although I have not tried it out yet.

Read the following FAQ:
https://nraas.wikispaces.com/StoryProgression+FAQ+Money

You may also need World Adventure for this mod to work.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 9th Apr 2014 at 5:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tomboy
Hi folk
Does any one know if it is possible to move a family into a house that my sim owns and have that family pay rent?
If not - is there any other way to get a family to pay rent to my sim?
I am hoping to set up a "Lord of the Manor" with tenants paying rent.
Thank you

For manual paying you can use the money bag mod, or any object actually and give the property owner the equivalent of the money.
Or, edit the family funds manually, either with MC or typing the cheat in.

MC also has the option to transfer money to other households,
Money Transfer
Allows the user to transfer family funds to another household
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Apr 2014 at 11:38 PM
Thank you tomomi1922. I am going to try your suggestion. I had hoped there was a way to be able to do this with out a Mod, but as I am currently using a NRAAS Mod, that works well and has not had any unsavoury effect on my game, I believe that using another Mod from there should be okay, After reading the details it sounds like it will give the effect I want. I will post here after trying it to let you know if it really does.

Thank you also ani_ for your good suggestions, but as I need the payment to come from a property that I will not be playing and want it to be added to my sims account without input from me, the mod seems to be the best way.