Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#351 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 7:23 PM
I've completed this tutorial and everything is working the way it should. Thank you for writing and sharing. I'm going to move on to the next to learn more.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#352 Old 18th Jan 2012 at 10:08 PM
I've followed the tutorial and I'm having issues with my object. At first the sim would only walk in front of the painting and the motive(s) wouldn't be changed. I removed the test BHAVs so that all the strings would show up (they weren't working correctly and I didn't care much about the game testing for each string anyway) and tried the other motives I had set up following how I'd done the first one. The sim just walked over in front of the painting and stood there dumbly.

Seeing as it was apparently failing after the command to move to the painting I went through and deleted those commands to see if that would help. Still no motive changes. *sigh* While staring blankly at the .package I realized I hadn't reset the GUID and did so, fixing the integrity after. I went back into the game to see if for some odd reason that fixed it and the game crashed. I pulled the .package out, went into the game, deleted the painting from the only house it was in, and exited back out. Once the .package was back in I tried going in the game again but it crashed again.

At this point I have no idea what to try. The mod isn't clashing with any other mod in my downloads so I don't see why it's causing the game to keep crashing. I really need this mod in my game on one lot in particular so I'm a bit desperate to figure out the issue. Any help is much appreciated. If there's no hope and I should just start over feel free to tell me so.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  MotiveMod.rar (60.5 KB, 11 downloads) - View custom content
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#353 Old 18th Jan 2012 at 10:21 PM
Ghost_sim, could you start your game in debug mode, then check for any debug logs? (Then if you find one, post it here).

On a side note, you should *never* save a lot while it has pre-release modded objects on it. It's one of the most common reasons for modders corrupting their lots, and means that most of the testing you do will give you incorrect results. (In other words, you may at some point have fixed the object, but it was still broken on your lot because you saved with the broken version.)
Test Subject
#354 Old 19th Jan 2012 at 1:48 AM
...oops. Ah well, have to learn sometime.

With the mod and in debugging mode the game crashes as it has been. The only log that updated was the AppErrors.log and they were all TSAudioMusic errors.
Without the mod and in debugging mode I get the usual "Bad gosub tree number" error that pops up with boolprop on. (I really need to work on that. >.> I'm honestly thinking my 'hood might be nuked.)
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#355 Old 19th Jan 2012 at 8:50 AM
Hmm... The "Bad gosub tree number" almost always happens when you've got an object for a later EP in a game which uses an earlier EP. If you post your log, I can probably give you a good idea of which object that is.

Okay, a couple of notes on your object:
Your expression commands in each of the Interactions are... odd? You've got, for example:
[prim 0x0002] Expression (Stack Object's slot 0x0064 := My motive 0x0009 (Bladder))
What you're saying there is "find the object with the same ID number as the current fullness of my bladder, then put that in the 64th slot of the painting." That is, I expect, not what you were going for? What you probably should have is:
[prim 0x0002] Expression (My motive 0x0009 (Bladder) := Literal 0x0064)

I'd definitely recommend fixing that as a priority, then we'll see where we go from there.
Test Subject
#356 Old 19th Jan 2012 at 7:16 PM Last edited by Ghost_Sim : 19th Jan 2012 at 9:17 PM.
Huh. No idea why the commands are like that. Well that would explain the issue of them not working. *sheepish* Clearly I have no idea what I'm doing. The "Bad gosub tree number" is for both of my two sims and when I opened the log(s) the error has to do with the Function - Main.

After fixing the commands something the .package is still messed up. I'm thinking the entire mod is just corrupted seeing as it causes the game to crash before it even finishes loading. Le sigh.

Edit: I remade the mod and am assuming it's working. The game isn't crashing anymore. Sadly I can't test it in-game because the simmies of the only family I'm playing have disappeared from the game entirely. I give up, I'm remaking the 'hood. Thankfully the simmies were pre-made so all I have to do is cheat my way back to where I was.
Test Subject
#357 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 4:25 PM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 18th Feb 2012 at 5:07 PM. Reason: Merged posts: 3785165, 3785170, 3785172
lol What does BHAV or something like that mean? Srry im only 14 and I dont know soooooooooooooooooo much about sims :3

yep i need help with Milkshape! Can anyone help a 14 year old? (MEH)

sounds like fun I love creating things! Even though it's hard... :B
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#358 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 11:41 AM
BHAV is a type of file which contains all of the instructions about how sims and objects act in the game. Milkshape is more about how sims and objects *look*.

While your age doesn't really have much of a bearing on anything (I've known several 14 year olds with very advanced modding skills), your questions suggest that you're just starting out with sims modding? If that's the case, this tutorial might be a bit advanced to start with. I'd suggest starting off with tools like bodyshop, then move into recoloring and meshing. Once you've got the hang of those things, you might like to come back and try some BHAV modding.

Good luck!
Lab Assistant
#359 Old 25th Jul 2012 at 4:04 PM Last edited by Shamael : 25th Jul 2012 at 4:26 PM.
It's been six years and this tutorial is still very helpful for a novice like me

I have a question:

Is it possible for an interaction to have different animation for a specific gender?
For example, when the "Dance" interaction is clicked, the female sims will dance, while the males will fart. Or, an object will be able to be used by male only or vice versa?

What kind of guardian BHAV, or OpCode in behaviour function should be used?
Field Researcher
#360 Old 25th Jul 2012 at 4:28 PM
Shamael, you want to run a Guardian BHAV that checks Person Data (either "my" or "stack object's" 0x0041 - most likely the former) against a value of 0 (male) or 1 (female).

EDIT:
So something like Expression (Prim 0x0002) My 0x0041 (person Data) == Literal 0x0001

"True" if female
"False" if male
Lab Assistant
#361 Old 25th Jul 2012 at 7:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Neder
Shamael, you want to run a Guardian BHAV that checks Person Data (either "my" or "stack object's" 0x0041 - most likely the former) against a value of 0 (male) or 1 (female).

EDIT:
So something like Expression (Prim 0x0002) My 0x0041 (person Data) == Literal 0x0001

"True" if female
"False" if male

Ah, I see. Thank you very much, Neder.. I've try it and it really works! :D
Test Subject
#362 Old 30th Aug 2012 at 10:13 PM
Thank you very much, this is a great tutorial!
Test Subject
#363 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 1:07 AM
thank god this thread is still alive - I'm having an issue in Part 1 of the tutorial:

I've added the new pie menu string and connected it to the pie menu function - committed, saved etc, but the "nice new pie menu option" is blank. It's there; it performs the interaction (view), but there is no text in the pie menu option. I'm sure it's some stupid issue I've overlooked, but I just can't figure it out.

I have all the EPs, so there's more pie menu options than just "view" as described in the tutorial, is it something to do with that?
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  red-v-blue-tutorial.zip (84.7 KB, 10 downloads) - View custom content
Field Researcher
#364 Old 18th Sep 2012 at 2:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Echo
You can import pie menu strings and function tables from a different object or semi-global group. Just make sure, firstly, that they both have the same instance ID. Then, go into your OBJd file, open the "Raw data" tab, and find the line that says "Interaction Table ID". Set that value to the instance ID of the pie menu files. If all goes well, you should now have a pie menu again.

How can I check this (bold letters)?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#365 Old 18th Sep 2012 at 3:30 PM
MAB - In the resource list your TTABs and TTAs. There are columns for name, group, instance (high), and instance. In the column for Instance you'll see the number.

http://www.eternal-echo.net/sims/tu...s/interactions/ -- See fourth image down.

hmiller - Your groups are not set to custom (0xFFFFFFFF), try running a fix integrity or changing those instances and try in game again.
Field Researcher
#366 Old 19th Sep 2012 at 2:11 PM
How can I make a progressive motive status change?

For example when a sim "Watch" TV for instance, the fun meter isn't maximized immediately, but it has a smooth increase.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#367 Old 19th Sep 2012 at 2:26 PM
I can't give detailed instructions, but it is controlled by a BHAV that calls a BCON. The tuning value is in the BCON, set to increase by a number in specific increments, which starts with a BHAV. Until someone can give direct instructions, I'd start by looking at the BHAV and BCON for the tv.
Field Researcher
#368 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 11:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
I can't give detailed instructions, but it is controlled by a BHAV that calls a BCON. The tuning value is in the BCON, set to increase by a number in specific increments, which starts with a BHAV. Until someone can give direct instructions, I'd start by looking at the BHAV and BCON for the tv.

Thank you HugeLunatic
Test Subject
#369 Old 21st Sep 2012 at 5:45 AM
Thanks, that did it! The tutorial's great! Can't wait to make cool stuff
Lab Assistant
#370 Old 28th Sep 2012 at 2:32 PM
this tutorial is amazing thank you!
Field Researcher
#371 Old 24th Jan 2013 at 2:22 AM
For some reason, I can't get the sim to do anything, let alone hula.

Although what I'd like them to do is sit on the ground.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  FailedMagicHotSpringRock1.rar (34.4 KB, 10 downloads) - View custom content

I am happy to hear any ideas for my Storybook expansion project, as well as open to others helping.
Also, check out my object recoloring tutorial.
Site Helper
#372 Old 24th Jan 2013 at 3:24 AM Last edited by Mootilda : 24th Jan 2013 at 6:28 AM.
Do you have a specific question, or do you just want someone to look at your mod and tell you what you're doing wrong?

I think that you might want object repair:
http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=482
Field Researcher
#373 Old 25th Jan 2013 at 2:00 AM
I wanted someone to take a look at it.
I posted in object repair, though I have a hard time getting help in places like that.

I am happy to hear any ideas for my Storybook expansion project, as well as open to others helping.
Also, check out my object recoloring tutorial.
#374 Old 28th Jun 2014 at 5:56 PM
I know that Echo is a retired duck, and I'm sorry if this question was asked earlier on in the comments but how would you direct a sim to pick up their object? I was able to make a few successful things this way, but what I really want to do they can't pick up. I'm familiar with this tutorial now, but need to know that information.
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#375 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 12:54 AM
Hi, HarrisonFordFanClub. I got your PM.

The approach I would use would kinda depend upon the nature your project and what you want your Sim to pick up. Could you elaborate on what you are trying to do?

Generally speaking, you will be making use of the 0x0071 Snap Into primitive to snap the object into the slot in the Sim's hand. (It's worth noting that sometimes objects in Sims' hands get deleted at the end of an interaction, so you may find the need to snap the object back into another slot such as a table.) The BHAV returns False if the object is not able to be snapped into the object. I don't think multi-tile objects will work...at least, I do not know of anyone who have gotten mult-tile objects to snap into any slots.

Changing the object Placement: This has some info about what placement flags the object to be picked up will need. It also touches on weight and support strength.

You might can gather some insight looking at this object's code or in-game objects that Sims can grab.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Page 15 of 16