2 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
#11701 Old 3rd Dec 2020 at 1:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
That was what I was hoping for...a different mesh that the "clothes" would conform to???

As I understand it, a different body mesh would then need a whole set of clothing to match it. Same result only different!

My new downloads are on my Pillowfort
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#11702 Old 3rd Dec 2020 at 3:33 AM
Unfortunately, clothes conforming to the bodyshape is in Sims3 and Sims4. In Sims2 however, each bodyshape has its own meshes. My elders - male and female - all use a non-maxis bodyshape which is one reason why I have done so many clothing conversions in BodyShop. I take the clothing from one shape/mesh and rework it to fit on another shape/mesh.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Forum Resident
#11703 Old 3rd Dec 2020 at 4:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HobbesED
Unfortunately, clothes conforming to the bodyshape is in Sims3 and Sims4. In Sims2 however, each bodyshape has its own meshes. My elders - male and female - all use a non-maxis bodyshape which is one reason why I have done so many clothing conversions in BodyShop. I take the clothing from one shape/mesh and rework it to fit on another shape/mesh.

Yup that's what I do too. I convert over the clothes to fit the body type. It's sad when in sims 2 you have to make the clothes fit the body when in sims 4 you can make the body fit the clothes. Maybe someday they can crack the code to make the body morphable with sliders where you don't need to adhere to strict bone points and skeletal structures. One can only dream I guess. :D
Mad Poster
#11704 Old 3rd Dec 2020 at 5:48 AM
Umm so the mesh for the clothes has to match the mesh for the body...then how do those "defaults" work? The Maxis body mesh has been changed AND the boob part of the clothes mesh has been changed to match the body mesh? I thought clothes could be made that made the body look different. Like a few gym and swim outfits for elder females that look like an ADULT female body.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Forum Resident
#11705 Old 3rd Dec 2020 at 1:43 PM
Umm so the mesh for the clothes has to match the mesh for the body...then how do those "defaults" work? The Maxis body mesh has been changed AND the boob part of the clothes mesh has been changed to match the body mesh? I thought clothes could be made that made the body look different. Like a few gym and swim outfits for elder females that look like an ADULT female body.

Clothes don't have to match the body mesh. So yes you can have clothes that make the body look different. Every clothes item has its own mesh. In fact pretty much the only times you see the actual body mesh is when the Sim is in the shower or if you have a mod that shows the "true nude".

When I say my elder Sims use a non-Maxis shape it means two things. (1) I have changed the skintone (the true nude) to have a different non-Maxis elder shape and (2) to keep their shape consistent when clothed, they only use clothing meshes that match that non-Maxis shape. I then convert clothing that uses other meshes to that non-Maxis shaped clothing mesh so they have things to wear.

But if you want an elder to simply look like an adult shape (no saggy boobs and a more fit body) when clothed. All you really have to do is edit the adult clothing package files in SimPE and change the category from x'08' (adult ) to x '18' (adult and elder) or x'48' (adult and young adult) to x'58' (adult, young adult and elder). That will make the clothing available for elders to buy and wear. They'll still show the elder body when nude, but that doesn't happen that often in an unmodded game.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Theorist
#11706 Old 3rd Dec 2020 at 2:49 PM
@grammapat
Have you heard of this mod?
Mad Poster
#11707 Old 3rd Dec 2020 at 7:52 PM
Probably impossible, but I'd love a mod that showed tooltips on the in-game jewellery shopping screen. Or one that at least makes the custom thumbnails show up. So many times I've sat there squinting at a default blank face or rows of identical chains with the actual pendant part cut off. Half the time I wind up buying the lot of them (thank you gussy-up plugin with free jewellery!) just to get to the next screen, where the custom thumbnails remind me once again that those blank faces are actually custom vampire teeth and here are all the various pendants in closeup.
Mad Poster
#11708 Old 4th Dec 2020 at 11:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
@grammapat

That looks great, but after much reading I not only couldn't figure out which version I need, but iCad in 2018 noted a problem it created; his issue was not addressed so I'm afraid to try it.

Mad Poster
#11709 Old 5th Dec 2020 at 12:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
@grammapat

Do you know if there's a mod like this that only makes YA and Adult clothes available for both YAs and Adults? I actually don't mind the Elder body shape and mainly take pictures of my sims when they are adults anyway, but it's always frustrating when my sims' college clothes aren't available for adults.
Theorist
#11710 Old 5th Dec 2020 at 11:08 AM
@grammapat
I understand especially if you use default-replacements.

@kestrellyn
Unfortunately I don't know about such a mod.
Lab Assistant
#11711 Old 6th Dec 2020 at 2:23 PM
That looks great, but after much reading I not only couldn't figure out which version I need, but iCad in 2018 noted a problem it created; his issue was not addressed so I'm afraid to try it.

If I may.......

As long as you DO NOT use Defaults the "Clothes made available" Mod will work great. Whenever you use a Default, a modified Property Set is switched for the original, which can cause weird visual issues. So the Defaulted clothes must come after the "Clothes made available" Mod. This however, overrides the first Mod's Property Set (assuming it has a PS), so usually, goes back to the original ages. (Depends on the Maker of the Mod) This can be easily fixed by using SimPE on the Default clothes package. Changing the age to 48 gives you both Young Adults & Adults, adding Elders gives you 58 for the age.

So, just remember, Defaulted clothes go after the "Clothes made available" Mod. Changing the clothes default package "Age", gives you what you want.

GS
Test Subject
#11712 Old 9th Dec 2020 at 9:03 AM
I'd really, really like a search function for build/buy mode. I play with a lot of custom content, including a lot of Sun and Moon stuff, and finding individual items can be really difficult.
Top Secret Researcher
#11713 Old 9th Dec 2020 at 1:47 PM
An elevator that opens on two sides. I mean, I know I could fake it with the teleporter-elevator-thing and some sliding doors, but I'd love to have a real one.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Theorist
#11714 Old 9th Dec 2020 at 6:29 PM
I'd like the smart milk effect linked to the genius trait.
Mad Poster
#11715 Old 11th Dec 2020 at 3:45 AM
Did I mention elevator hosting up to four sims hack idea? Say the first two sims enter the back of the elevator side (titles), while third and fourth occupy the front side?

And/or like in TS3, they could just teleport if routing tantrum to occur and it isn't doable.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Scholar
#11716 Old 11th Dec 2020 at 11:36 AM
I remember when raking leaves was a pain in the ass - but then the rake-many mod saved me.
Now I think putting leftovers away is another pain in the ass, and I would love a put-ALL-leftovers-in-the-frige mod.

I'm a lazy bum, I know, I know.
Lab Assistant
#11717 Old 11th Dec 2020 at 2:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Wingyl
I'd really, really like a search function for build/buy mode. I play with a lot of custom content, including a lot of Sun and Moon stuff, and finding individual items can be really difficult.

OMG I know what you mean. I love installing all sorts of TS3/TS4 conversions and other buy/build mode stuff and some modders kinda just provide you a file with no information on where to find these items in your game and it drives me nuts searching for them. Hell, sometimes I'll discover an item in my buy mode I didn't even know I have and am not even sure which mod it is from lol
Mad Poster
#11718 Old 11th Dec 2020 at 5:50 PM
I have one word for you: collections. You can even go a step further and then hide the CC from the main catalogue. I have SO MANY collections. Collections for objects, collections for wallpaper, collections for floors, collections for mods. And you can even rearrange the things in collections too! The only drawback is you can still wind up with bloated collections (solution - find a way to turn that collection into several collections like say, instead of beds, have collections for single beds, double beds, bunk beds, toddler beds and bedding) and you'll need a cheat to access collections in dorms.
Mad Poster
#11719 Old 11th Dec 2020 at 9:33 PM
So what is the cheat to access collections in Univ?

Mad Poster
#11720 Old 11th Dec 2020 at 9:49 PM
You know, I actually had to go and Google it because I have it aliased in my userstartup.cheats as "dormon". But it is: Boolprop dormspecifictoolsdisabled false. One mildly annoying thing is that you can't put it in your userstartup.cheats to be always on, only aliased, and you need to re-enter every time you reload the lot, so after community/hobby/secret society visits.
Field Researcher
#11721 Old 11th Dec 2020 at 10:05 PM
I'd love to have a mod that allow me to pose sims by bones, configure shaders and set lights direction & intensity (maybe light colors too) when I go into camera man mode, just like we can do in a posing/rendering program, it would be a studio mode and a great improvement for screenshot taking, more than the original camera man one, well...

...It costs nothing to dream.

From now on I'm just a lurker, the sad truth about the Orwellian status of the sims community is not "off-topic" neither is "politics".
Check part of my current (non sims) creations at my J.R.'s Angels page
Forum Resident
#11722 Old 12th Dec 2020 at 1:49 AM
I'd like to see a mod of the first person cam like what was done with sims 4. (not the tab freecam mode.) The camera actually moved with the head. I know they had early problems with that when eyes and teeth were showing but I think they remedied that by making the head disappear while in first person mode or just making them invisible.
I used to have a prototype first person cam mod but it wasn't that great. The inside of the head was showing and was only configured to the sim height of 1. and you lost that mode and going back into third person when you moved your mouse or trying to interact with objects or sims. Sims 4 had the camera always at head level no matter what the height of the sims were. So if somebody could make the sims 4 first person cam mode for sims 2 that would be amazing.
Mad Poster
#11723 Old 12th Dec 2020 at 3:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Wingyl

I wonder if that's doable with a cheat search box? Type the items name and bingo - it gets selected.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#11724 Old 13th Dec 2020 at 1:16 AM
What would really be even more awesome would be a search function for the house bin. Especially if you're one who has a lot of houses in the bin.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Top Secret Researcher
#11725 Old 13th Dec 2020 at 2:50 AM
It would be nice if there were a way to determine what clothes were sold at an owned business like you can with menu items at a restaurant but it would take absolutely FOREVER to go through them all even if you didn't have any CC.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Page 469 of 582