Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 2:20 AM
Default Sex Offender Sims??
Ok, so I have AwesomeMod, which enables pedophilia. One of my teenage sims grew up, but continued to date her boyfriend. At one point, she was kissing him, and a police officer showed up and cuffed her, then brought her to jail! Now she can't get a job because it always says, "Known sex offenders are not wanted here!" She got arrested a few more times after that, and now a police officer is standing outside the house, 24/7, as if watching her! I just wanted to know if anyone else had this happen.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 2:21 AM
I just wish I could get awesomemod to work. :/
Forum Resident
#3 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 2:23 AM
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=358432

same issue and the thread got locked. Best to ask at MATY.
Banned
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 2:23 AM
Oh this made you want it??
What kind of problem are you having with it?

EDIT: Oh no, I don't want it fixed. I'm okay with it. I actually think it's funny.
Scholar
#5 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 2:24 AM
It enables pedophilia on purpose?
Banned
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 2:25 AM
Yes. Well, it's optional.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 2:26 AM
it's not really pedophillia, that's just what MATY called it, and it was supposed to be taken lightly. It's so when teens have a relationship and one grows up, the relationship can continue (sometimes). That's all.
Banned
Original Poster
#8 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 2:28 AM
Yeah, but it's illegal because they always get arrested
transmogrified
retired moderator
#9 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 2:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TRIriana
It enables pedophilia on purpose?

Keep in mind that Awesomemod pedophilia = a YA dating a teen. This is Pescado's world; we're just downloading it.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 2:29 AM
Yeah, apparently so. I'm sure having it happen every time is some form of bug that will be updated soonish...otherwise what's the point of having it enabled in the first place?
Scholar
#11 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 2:30 AM
As far as the job thing goes, just use the mailbox to set your sim's career to whatever you want. I'm pretty sure it can't be disabled, Pes basically told us as much.

Creator of the Sparkly Things
In Soviet Russia, the Sims mod you!

ZOMG Patterns! ZOMG! Patterns! the Group!
Awesomeness: When I get sad, I stop being sad and am simply awesome again. True story.
Banned
Original Poster
#12 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 2:30 AM Last edited by mangaroo : 25th Jul 2009 at 2:33 AM. Reason: merging double post
Well, not exactly everytime. A few times they have gotten away with it.

They can, however, join the Criminal career
I knew about the mailbox thing. But the girl I was playing with didn't seem like the type to get a job. She made money by stealing things and selling them.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 3:26 AM
Omg That's Amazing

Winning the Game
Don't be absurd. This is a Maxis game! What's to win? You and your sims can play unto perpetuity, getting into entanglements and trying to get out, and by the time you know it, it will be 3am your time, and you don't even have your teeth brushed...
--The Sims 1 Prima Guide
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 3:38 AM
This adds much needed realism to the game, lol.
Banned
Original Poster
#15 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 3:39 AM
Yeah, that's why I think it's cool. It's realistic.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 3:42 AM
lol....sex offendars..love it

When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane. - Anymonuse
Scholar
#17 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 3:55 AM
The only thing that would make it more funny is if all of the parents in the neighborhood showed up with torches, pitchforks and tar and feathers. Of course, if it were my active sim I might be a little freaked out.

Beware of Elves giving wedgies.
Banned
Original Poster
#18 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 3:57 AM
That would take some serious modding
BTW, Cabrini, I love your sig.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#19 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 8:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by haylz320
Yeah, apparently so. I'm sure having it happen every time is some form of bug that will be updated soonish...otherwise what's the point of having it enabled in the first place?
It's not a bug, you just need to stop doing things where you would get CAUGHT. You can also be arrested for stealing in AwesomeMod.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
#20 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 9:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
It's not a bug, you just need to stop doing things where you would get CAUGHT. You can also be arrested for stealing in AwesomeMod.

What about sexual harrassment, like if you sleep with your boss or co-worker? That'd be neat. In the Sims 3 I mean.
Banned
Original Poster
#21 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 9:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado

Mhm, ok well I know it's not a bug, but I was in my kitchen and they were alone in the house and a cop pops out of nowhere and arrests her.
#22 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 9:17 AM
Maybe she's on probation?
Banned
Original Poster
#23 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 9:22 AM
It was on her first offense that this happened
Instructor
#24 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 9:25 AM
Huh uh suuuuure that's what they all say...
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 9:25 AM
TBH i think its daft
you call it paedophilia but in reality (to which this bears no resemblance)
a teen in the UK reaches the legal age at 16. A teen is technically 13-19
So if a teen in the sims lasts 14 days only 6 days of a teens sim life would this be illegal, that's not even half.

Now i don't know what the sims uses to define teens (age range) or if the age of consent is different in the US to the UK but to have a 20 year old arrested for paedophilia with 19 year old is about as crazy as you can get
Locked thread | Locked by: Nysha Reason: RETURN TO THE NETHERWORLD
Page 1 of 2