Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#16626 Old 20th May 2020 at 5:46 AM Last edited by Frogsnack : 21st May 2020 at 3:16 AM.
One more of these dramatic ones left, I think. Who knows until I can parse out the pictures, lol

1.42 Imperfect Incongruity

In which the dreams become a little bit nightmarish.

Edit: Oh dear God I'm looking at 27 pages on the next update and nearly 9,000 words so far. O:
Not done just yet. >_>;

Bread edges.... are the new white meat.
READ the Sparrows Random Legacy Challenge Blog
READ the Sparrows WISHACY Challenge Blog
WATCH the Test of Time Challenge Let's Play! Videos
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#16627 Old 21st May 2020 at 1:37 AM
Test Subject
#16628 Old 22nd May 2020 at 6:34 AM
A month has passed since my last update, one reason is because I've been playing other challenges and the other is that the Naufragos don't have much to do on a desert island other than skilling, the gen goal and misc fun. I guess I have to find sims that I can move to some small house, my family needs to socialize.

1.4 Island's Looks
Scholar
Original Poster
#16629 Old 22nd May 2020 at 4:36 PM
It's been years, but I'm finally to generation 6:

Goldbeard RLC Chapter 151: Real Magic, Stage Magic
Field Researcher
#16630 Old 23rd May 2020 at 4:54 AM Last edited by Frogsnack : 23rd May 2020 at 5:09 PM.
Here goes nothing (in which Jyo's dream bf and his intentions are finally revealed);

1.43 Show and Tell

1.44 Show and Tell Part 2

It's broken up into two parts for those that don't have time to read the equivalent of two collegiate level research papers (albeit with many more spelling mistakes I'm sure I've not yet caught). The parts are better together though, so here they are together. I'm going to go have a nap. And then, fire ze missiles.
Screenshots

Scholar
#16631 Old 23rd May 2020 at 9:00 AM
Scholar
Original Poster
#16632 Old 25th May 2020 at 4:36 PM
In my Aurora Skies legacy, wrapping up generation 2: Lawful Chaotic 2.13: If Not Science
Test Subject
#16633 Old 25th May 2020 at 8:41 PM
I'm sorry! D:

Work has been completely manic over the past week, so I've had not much time to sit down and write D:
Field Researcher
#16634 Old 26th May 2020 at 7:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by peaceful_apocalypse
I'm sorry! D:

Work has been completely manic over the past week, so I've had not much time to sit down and write D:

No worries life happens to all of us- you've gotta enjoy yourself or there's no real point lol

Field Researcher
#16635 Old 27th May 2020 at 10:34 AM Last edited by Frogsnack : 27th May 2020 at 10:48 AM.
So this may be random but I've created a mixed genetics family of 8 sims for anybody that wants decent to good looking sims to inject into their town. I grabbed a good looking sim from three different neighborhoods and played with genetics until I liked everyone- outfits match but are somewhat bs, I cared more about faces and everyone looking unique but still better than average. I'm using this family to run registers and can use them to populate the town I'm in if I need a good option down the line.

Sims included are; Flortia Hernandez' son that she starts the game pregnant with from Isla Paradiso, Rhona Romana is a tweaked descendant of Francisca Vanderburg from Hidden Springs, and there are Lina Lancaster genes (I thought her last name was Vokoban because that's who she was in my game) from Lucky Palms mixed with Everet Sparrow (as he had no children in my game and makes pretty nice babies) and some redheaded kid I had in my bin from I forget where. There are two sets of siblings and several sims with flirty or family oriented lifetime wishes, could be changed easily enough.

I basically got fed up with the immigration of face ones into my town and also don't want all my normal residents running registers and not able to interact with my family in game. So please go grab them if you want! (Also Becky's solution of adding plumbots was a great idea, but doesn't fit the town I'm in lol)

Family is up on the exchange;
https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetai...assetId=9392654
Screenshots

Scholar
Original Poster
#16636 Old 27th May 2020 at 7:24 PM
Thanks for sharing, Frog! I'm sure someone will get good use out of them.

Quills RLC 2.4: Three Whole Watermelons
Scholar
#16637 Old 30th May 2020 at 10:55 AM
Field Researcher
#16638 Old 31st May 2020 at 9:08 PM
In which things are momentarily resolved.

1.45 Semi Resolutions

Also (pic related) does anyone know how the eye color genetics work in this game? Malcolm and Stanley's mother Danelle Platt (last name Luck in my game) has green eyes, but their father Javid Meir has silver. They both have different colored eyes somehow, and both colors are nice, but I don't think they're hers?

Also random commercial to let Javid Meir have lots of babies if you're ever in starlight shores. His muscle sliders are alllll in the right direction, :P
Screenshots

Scholar
Original Poster
#16639 Old 1st Jun 2020 at 1:40 AM Last edited by NutsAndDolts : 2nd Jun 2020 at 3:19 PM.
Stanley's eye color looks like Danielle's to me, but I could be wrong.

I know hair color is either inherited from a parent or grandparent, or will mutate to one of the default selections (one of the Nraas mods may prevent the mutation if one fiddles with the settings enough?). It's possible that is the case with eye color as well.

Edit to add: Goldbeard RLC Chapter 152: Gravity the Wicked
Scholar
#16640 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 9:30 AM
Test Subject
#16641 Old 7th Jun 2020 at 9:20 PM
This chapter is the end of gen 1. A heir has been chosen!

1.5 Of Ends and Biginnings
Field Researcher
#16642 Old 12th Jun 2020 at 10:04 PM
Leaving the station, Gen 2 after this!

1.46 A Feather Light Touch

1.47 Dustin's Daughter

In which there is some drama on halloween, and again later at a holiday party (ofc).
Screenshots

Scholar
#16643 Old 13th Jun 2020 at 9:03 AM
Scholar
#16644 Old 20th Jun 2020 at 10:26 AM
Scholar
Original Poster
#16645 Old 21st Jun 2020 at 8:29 PM
Got caught up in other projects and haven't had time to play Sims. I've had this chapter ready to go for over a month though so you can have it now...

Goldbeard RLC Chapter 153: Location

Looking forward to reading everyone's updates when I get time.
Scholar
#16646 Old 27th Jun 2020 at 11:32 AM
Lab Assistant
#16647 Old 27th Jun 2020 at 1:32 PM
I have a question - if you roll an Into the Future career, how are the other adults in your household supposed to make a living from a regular career? I haven't played ITF much and I've never had a career there, but as I understand it there are only two career branches you can choose from there, botbuilder or astronomer? Would you have to jump back and forth between the future and present day? This makes my head spin.

Absolutely Cuckoo - I'm Surrounded By Idiots
Pollard - a Boolprop EPIC challenge
Field Researcher
#16648 Old 27th Jun 2020 at 2:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by toxi
I have a question - if you roll an Into the Future career, how are the other adults in your household supposed to make a living from a regular career? I haven't played ITF much and I've never had a career there, but as I understand it there are only two career branches you can choose from there, botbuilder or astronomer? Would you have to jump back and forth between the future and present day? This makes my head spin.

Hello!

I haven't played that career specifically, but the ITF consignment style 'bot shop' is only for parts and nanites etc. The body stand that comes with the pack is how you sell and buy new robots, so if you create them with the station, you can just sell them to the stand (selling to nobody, basically). That;s what you'd have to do in the ITF neighborhood anyways. I have no idea about the astronomer career or where you go for it. The ITF neighborhood is sort of like taking a vacation though (although I think your sims will age, don't remember), but you can bop back home anytime using the portal.

Let us know how it goes once you've played it a bit, sounds fun!

Lab Assistant
#16649 Old 27th Jun 2020 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Frogsnack
Hello!

I haven't played that career specifically, but the ITF consignment style 'bot shop' is only for parts and nanites etc. The body stand that comes with the pack is how you sell and buy new robots, so if you create them with the station, you can just sell them to the stand (selling to nobody, basically). That;s what you'd have to do in the ITF neighborhood anyways. I have no idea about the astronomer career or where you go for it. The ITF neighborhood is sort of like taking a vacation though (although I think your sims will age, don't remember), but you can bop back home anytime using the portal.

Let us know how it goes once you've played it a bit, sounds fun!

Hello. Sorry, I lurk a lot. I should probably have re-introduced myself first. Hi, I start random legacies and abandon them.

I rolled the astronomer career but honestly I can't think of a way to actually play it out since I would only work "on vacation" so to speak. Which would be fine if I was single but not with a spouse (rolled business for that person).

Absolutely Cuckoo - I'm Surrounded By Idiots
Pollard - a Boolprop EPIC challenge
Field Researcher
#16650 Old 28th Jun 2020 at 10:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by toxi
Hello. Sorry, I lurk a lot. I should probably have re-introduced myself first. Hi, I start random legacies and abandon them.

I rolled the astronomer career but honestly I can't think of a way to actually play it out since I would only work "on vacation" so to speak. Which would be fine if I was single but not with a spouse (rolled business for that person).

This is the astronomer career that comes with the ITF observatory, right? You can place the observatory in your town via edit town I do that whenever I roll the career.
Page 666 of 676