Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Aug 2012 at 6:31 PM
Default Not buy Super Natural
I am not interested in this game at all. I like playing semi real life situation. Not monsters that eat other people. Who else is not buying this?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 31st Aug 2012 at 6:43 PM
I don't think the Faeries eat other people, do they ?

Mind you, that would be kind of amusing : Being consumed by a rabid swarm of faeries, locust style.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 31st Aug 2012 at 6:56 PM
So? If you don't want to buy, don't. Nobody is forcing you to.

Vivi e lascia vivere.
My blog Simplex Sims for more elder and teen CC.
Eminence Grise
#4 Old 31st Aug 2012 at 7:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by twallan

Mind you, that would be kind of amusing : Being consumed by a rabid swarm of faeries, locust style.

Waiting to see that mod, twallan
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#5 Old 31st Aug 2012 at 7:01 PM
Hm, the fairy that I made in preparation for this loooooooong wished for EP looks like it could actually eat people, but of course only using forks and knives. It may be a bit insane but at least it's got some table manners.
But to answer the question, am I going to buy SN? No, because I have already.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 31st Aug 2012 at 7:43 PM
Until there's a mod, these are EA supernaturals, they are a bit scary in a funny way and tame. They will not eat until asked, you know manners and all.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
#7 Old 31st Aug 2012 at 7:48 PM
Ha ha, imagine this:
Sim1: Excuse me, madam, may I eat you?
Sim2: Sure, go ahead. I can recommend the tenderloin. It's exceptionally succulent.
Sim1: Thank you, madam. I'll have the tenderloin then.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 31st Aug 2012 at 7:51 PM
Ala Cow from "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe".

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
#9 Old 31st Aug 2012 at 7:54 PM
Ala Cow from "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe".
Exactly
Instructor
#10 Old 31st Aug 2012 at 7:55 PM Last edited by McChoclatey : 31st Aug 2012 at 11:40 PM.
The Cow-plant from The Sims 2 was a monster that ate Sims and turned them into milk. You could then have your Sim drink the milk; that's about the closest to murder/cannibalism/a monster eating someone that I've seen in the Sims, and you couldn't even become a cow-plant! Anyway, I think having monsters eat Sims wouldn't be very good for the rating system, unless they were really clever about it, like the cow-plant. But then again, the zombies can now eat brains for dinner...but who's brains they're eating, we'll never know.

My male Sims are...Simulicious!
Scholar
#11 Old 31st Aug 2012 at 8:55 PM

If this mod comes to fruition...then yes, I will buy it!

Actually, I'll probably buy it either way
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 31st Aug 2012 at 9:24 PM
I'll buy it so I can have a bandsuck of fairies called Angry Pixies.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Theorist
#13 Old 31st Aug 2012 at 9:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hyleath5560
I am not interested in this game at all. I like playing semi real life situation. Not monsters that eat other people. Who else is not buying this?

Well, you're not the only one I'm sure. Most of us don't bother to start a thread saying we won't be buying it. We usually do that in the "Things I've Seen/Heard/Read About <Insert EP Name Here> threads.

For the record, I'm not interested in it because I like my game semi-realistic also so supernaturals don't interest me. In TS2, I used to just ignore them since EA always included them in each EP. They were easy to ignore in that game because you didn't have a gazillion of them spawning all over the place.

Having said that, I'm sitting on the fence with the decision of whether to buy it or not since I want a lot of stuff in this EP - with the exception of SuperNaturals. I don't want zombies, fairies, more vampires, werewolves, more ghosts.. and whatever else they're introducing with this EP. I want the rocking chair and the interactions that go with it, bee keeping, new harvestables, new recipes, indoor gardening containers and THE SMUSTLE!!!! I hate that EA decided to put it with SuperNaturals, I would have thought they would bring that in for the Seasons EP since they're bringing back slow dancing. So on one hand, no I'm not spending money on getting this EP because of that. On the other hand, I want this EP because of all the other stuff. In the end, I still can't justify buying an EP just to have/utilize only 50% of it. I say 50% because if I do end up getting it, I will have a Twallan mod that absolute stops my game from generating all these supernaturals - at least I hope there will be one. ~~looks over at Twallan~~

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 31st Aug 2012 at 9:44 PM
Hmmm i dunno the OP has a point in my POV, i got the rest for TS 3, not sure about this one tho, something about the theme that i don't find totally in place with the game design. But hey who knows maybe ill buy it later on discount (dint like unicorns to much iether, but i did still get Pets), like i did with almost every thing i got TS 3 related Kinda getting a medieval feeling with this, its the sims but not something i was waiting for myself.

Seen some previews of the content, and i can see why people would want this, other then a plain matter of taste there is nothing really wrong with this concept/idea.

The 3D Studio Max Meshing guides: Part 1: Simple Meshing in 3D Studio Max
Iff freedom was outlawed only outlaws would have freedom.
True piracy is an art, having a Amiga tune doesn't make you the old school pirate.
Alchemist
#15 Old 31st Aug 2012 at 9:47 PM
Aw, come on you guys, you'll miss that awesome car!
Instructor
#16 Old 31st Aug 2012 at 10:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lisfyre
Well, you're not the only one I'm sure. Most of us don't bother to start a thread saying we won't be buying it. We usually do that in the "Things I've Seen/Heard/Read About <Insert EP Name Here> threads.

For the record, I'm not interested in it because I like my game semi-realistic also so supernaturals don't interest me. In TS2, I used to just ignore them since EA always included them in each EP. They were easy to ignore in that game because you didn't have a gazillion of them spawning all over the place.

Having said that, I'm sitting on the fence with the decision of whether to buy it or not since I want a lot of stuff in this EP - with the exception of SuperNaturals. I don't want zombies, fairies, more vampires, werewolves, more ghosts.. and whatever else they're introducing with this EP. I want the rocking chair and the interactions that go with it, bee keeping, new harvestables, new recipes, indoor gardening containers and THE SMUSTLE!!!! I hate that EA decided to put it with SuperNaturals, I would have thought they would bring that in for the Seasons EP since they're bringing back slow dancing. So on one hand, no I'm not spending money on getting this EP because of that. On the other hand, I want this EP because of all the other stuff. In the end, I still can't justify buying an EP just to have/utilize only 50% of it. I say 50% because if I do end up getting it, I will have a Twallan mod that absolute stops my game from generating all these supernaturals - at least I hope there will be one. ~~looks over at Twallan~~

Didn't I hear that there would be a way to turn off supernatural creature spawning? Like a slider or check box? I heard there would be one for celebrities too. If that is correct you could get the game then just toggle off the creatures.

As for realism I personally think having supernatural creatures is very realistic. I know people who practice witch craft and consume human blood. And lycanthropy is a very real disease. But everyone has there own gameplay style. But as you said it would suck to miss out on the other features they put in the game.
Scholar
#17 Old 31st Aug 2012 at 10:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sim mania
So? If you don't want to buy, don't. Nobody is forcing you to.

I agree.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 31st Aug 2012 at 10:19 PM
i definitely want it. i can't wait to do proper zombie apocalypse challenges. and i love witches. i have no idea why they are adding more vampires though. from what i've read, it looks like the new ones are separate from the late night ones.
One Minute Ninja'd
#19 Old 31st Aug 2012 at 10:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PhenethyaSim
Didn't I hear that there would be a way to turn off supernatural creature spawning? Like a slider or check box? I heard there would be one for celebrities too. If that is correct you could get the game then just toggle off the creatures.

As for realism I personally think having supernatural creatures is very realistic. I know people who practice witch craft and consume human blood. And lycanthropy is a very real disease. But everyone has there own gameplay style. But as you said it would suck to miss out on the other features they put in the game.

Yes, you can checkbox them out of your game.

Lycanthropy as a real disease, is a psychiatric condition, with the delusional belief, that one can transform into an animal. Not that a person can ACTUALLY transform into an animal. They can't even ACTUALLY get furry on demand, without skipping shaving for a long period, of course. So I wouldn't argue for realism in sim play by the presence of lycans.

As for getting the EP for the stuff other than the creatures, I guess I'd compare it to paying $37 for an island world with a sauna/mud bath, and a massage table, or $39 US for an EP with lots of stuff and a new town, ignoring the supernaturals. It's still probably worth it, even if you checkbox out the little fun folk.
Instructor
#20 Old 31st Aug 2012 at 10:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Yes, you can checkbox them out of your game.

Lycanthropy as a real disease, is a psychiatric condition, with the delusional belief, that one can transform into an animal. Not that a person can ACTUALLY transform into an animal. They can't even ACTUALLY get furry on demand, without skipping shaving for a long period, of course. So I wouldn't argue for realism in sim play by the presence of lycans.

As for getting the EP for the stuff other than the creatures, I guess I'd compare it to paying $37 for an island world with a sauna/mud bath, and a massage table, or $39 US for an EP with lots of stuff and a new town, ignoring the supernaturals. It's still probably worth it, even if you checkbox out the little fun folk.

I'm already aware that one cannot really turn into a animal but I feel I could use a sim werewolf to simulate the disease in my game. just like others use currant traits to simulate other mental illnesses. And I'm not really arguing it for others just saying realism doesn't mean the same thing for everyone.

And I agree that even without the supers its still probably worth all the other features and content.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 31st Aug 2012 at 10:41 PM
I want the other stuff in the EP along with fairies and witches. From what I read the zombies can't be stopped on a full moon night, they will pop up anywhere on and off lots. Ugh. Hope it can be stopped with mods.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Alchemist
#22 Old 31st Aug 2012 at 11:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
I want the other stuff in the EP along with fairies and witches. From what I read the zombies can't be stopped on a full moon night, they will pop up anywhere on and off lots. Ugh. Hope it can be stopped with mods.

Me too! The only thing in this EP that I'm not interested in is zombies, and that's the one supernatural type that can't by checked off.
I really like the idea of having the full moon and the fun effects that are supposed to come along with that, so I'd hate to have to lose that as the only way of getting rid of zombies. But I'm counting on modders being able to give us what EA won't.
Test Subject
#23 Old 31st Aug 2012 at 11:37 PM
I am very excited about this expansion, I love the Supernatural, I read books and watch way too much TV about it, and actually enjoy the idea of being able to create and make Supernaturals. one of the things I've always disliked about The Sims was the inability to create our own beings, Witches or Vampires or even Ghosts. . .and for the first time, we can actually create them with a few new ones, I mean, who wants to spend days "making friends" with a Supernatural, JUST so they'd change you? That kinda sucked.

But, I don't like Pets, and I never have, but that's very popular, so I guess to each his own.

I am NOT thrilled about the Zombies, though. . .I mean. . cool you've included them, but they just spawn randomly, in an apocalyptic way, and there isn't anything you can do about it? I mean, we don't even have the option to stop them from spawning. kinda annoying. I do not like the idea of my sim becoming a "brain" hungry being of catastrophe. . .although. . would be cool to create a 'Thriller' reenactment video. lol
Test Subject
#24 Old 31st Aug 2012 at 11:53 PM
To be honest i'll buy this EP cause of the Zombies, i just love them so much, and the idea of a really well done Zombie Apocalypse just seduces me.. lol.
Test Subject
#25 Old 31st Aug 2012 at 11:56 PM
I'm torn with Supernatural as I prefer a more realistic game myself. I will end up getting it for some of the other features though.
Page 1 of 4