Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 1:45 PM
Default Tell me about your current Supernatural family!
Let me start first. I started a new family in Sunset Valley, The Halliwell. The 2 parents are Leo (a fairy) and Piper (a witch). From there I build a smaller, more flexible version off the infamous Halliwell manor from Charmed for them to live.

Piper works as a cook, Leo as a doctor. Leo basically advanced in his field/skill using his fae aura and the chemist potion machine from Generationswhile Piper is busy producing little witch babies, Wyatt, Chris and Melinda.

When Wyatt and Chris reached adulthood, I make their parents + Melinda bought a new house and moved there since I want the boys to have the manor all to themselves. I trained Wyatt to be more proficient in spells, while Chris is focusing on Alchemy and Botany. When I moved the parents, I changed Piper to a fairy using potions, so that they would live longer as I would like to see them later on in future generations.

Currently Wyatt (an athlete) is engaged to his Imaginary Friend, while Chris (a teacher) is in a relationship with a human sim who was his childhood friend. Both are advancing in their dedicated skills and running around town curing other sims from Supernatural conditions. XD
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 1:56 PM
Charmed!! That's so awesome!

Wait... you can marry the imaginary friend?! how did I not know this...

I've been playing my current family for a long time now. Would take forever to tell you about them, lol, esp since I'm using my phone to comment. I'll have to come back when I'm on the laptop.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 2:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ladyglaze
Charmed!! That's so awesome!

Wait... you can marry the imaginary friend?! how did I not know this...

I've been playing my current family for a long time now. Would take forever to tell you about them, lol, esp since I'm using my phone to comment. I'll have to come back when I'm on the laptop.

You need to change them into humans first. Chemistry Set have a potion that does that. Luckily Leo made one before moving out. XD
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 2:26 PM
Well I just began my household of Supernaturals early this morning, so I didn't get a chance to actually play them as far as you have. I was too busy with my human households. Anyway, this is the Fujiyama household.
The head of household is Kai. He's really into athletics, so eventually he's going to get into the sports career. His roommate is Uruha. He's a fairy and a complete gardening nut. He plans to have a huge garden in the backyard, that is, if he can keep the zombies from popping up and eating them.

In this photo, they've just "survived" a zombie attack and Uruha wanted to lighten the mood and calm all the tension.

Lab Assistant
#5 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 2:40 PM
Well, I don't have that many pics, but I have a fairy called Eden Nyx. She gets around a bit (playful minx!) and currently has two sons to two different men. Their names are Hero and Onyx. Hero is human but Onyx is a vampire. Eden makes money collecting things and selling them at the consignment store, as well as making potions. I'm attempting to build them a new house now, but my building skills are terrible.

Here is Eden:

I was playing with minimal CC - default replacements, sliders and store content only, hense EA makeup.
Test Subject
#6 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 4:09 PM
Sorry I don't have any pics. I'll add one or two later if I get to it. I have a bit going on today.

I'm playing two at once. I'll introduce them one by one.

The first one is a human family. I decided to go a different route than simply trying out the supernaturals. So, my sim is Esmeralda Clement (she changed her name – she was born Minnie Smith), and is currently living in a trailer with her parents. Right now, she's reading horoscopes for around 20 simoleons an hour, but she is only in it for the money, as she is a Supernatural Skeptic. I plan to have her quickly climb the ranks in the field, and earn quite a bit of simoleons, and land herself a mansion near the end of her adulthood. During that time, she'll write non-fiction books about how "real" she believes the spirit world to be (remember, she's a fraud), and how people should look inside themselves to find their center. However, while she's in the height of her career, some woman will drop a child off at her front doorstep. The woman disappears, but Esmeralda still calls the cops. The cops find nothing and, since things work differently in Sim World, she decides to adopt the kid.

However, the kid starts acting funny. At first, it's small things, like levitating objects. Then, when the kid becomes a teenager, things start getting really weird. Her homework is done almost immediately. She conjures apples out of thin air. Esmeralda smells something funny. They argue. They argue some more.

That's all I have so far. I'm thinking of either having the kid move out as a teen (with a mod) or as soon as she's an adult, then having them resolve their differences on Esmeralda's deathbed.

----

The other story comes thanks to nraas' Vector mod. He updated it recently so that you can have a zombie apocalypse, complete with dying sims. I have a couple of witch sims in a post-apocalyptic world, trying their best to up their magic skill in time so they can try and cure their town of zombies before their society collapses, or they die.

If my method doesn't work, I'll redo the story so that it's an outpost of three families. (That said, does anybody know of any HUGE, prepopulated worlds that would be good for this?) They'll be a combination of witches and humans, with the humans using the weapons mod once it's updated, if it needs to be updated. The families will live in a compound, and will defend their compound while horde after horde of zombies comes hurtling towards them.
Scholar
#7 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 4:50 PM
My family itself isn't that special. A vampire/fairy couple.

I did discover that vampires get a pretty huge boost from drinking from fairies, though. In addition to the...what, +15? +20? boost from feeding, they get an additional +20 boost.

Could definitely be useful for powerplayers.

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 5:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zokugai
My family itself isn't that special. A vampire/fairy couple.

I did discover that vampires get a pretty huge boost from drinking from fairies, though. In addition to the...what, +15? +20? boost from feeding, they get an additional +20 boost.

Could definitely be useful for powerplayers.

Apparently the developers watched True Blood. LOL
Scholar
#9 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 6:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emino
Apparently the developers watched True Blood. LOL

All I'll say is that the first thing I said when I saw the new moodlet wasn't not "Shoot, I didn't mean to make Russell."

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Test Subject
#10 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 9:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emino
You need to change them into humans first. Chemistry Set have a potion that does that. Luckily Leo made one before moving out. XD

You learn something new every day! Lmao
Test Subject
#11 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 10:05 PM
Well, I currently have a household of 10. I started with my main couple. He's a vampire, she's a witch now with the new ep. They have three teenage girl triplets (one is a vamp, one a witch, and the other a fairy) then they recently had a boy and I think he's a vamp. But I've added the mom's parents (they're human) and I added the dad's brother (he's a vamp). Then one of the daughters had a boy right after the mother. I have an odd family but I love them lol.
Alchemist
#12 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 10:23 PM
im starting a supernatural legacy. the foundress is a witch, and she ended up marrying a fairy (hoohoo, i hope this ends up being as fun as i think it is). so far, the two work really well together. they can buff each other, and the witch has a perfect elixir for whenever her husband runs out of "dust". the witch just popped out the first kid, and despite his pointy ears, he looks like a normal kid (just a toddler so far)... im interested to see if hes a witch or a fairy.
and of course, i have all sorts of awful jokes flying through my head at the both of them being what they are. ("my neighbor is a real WITCH! /bitter" "did you see that guy go flying by? what a fairy!"...snicker.)

one thing that puzzles me though, is that under the romantic menu, theres an option on both sims to ask the other sim to stop being a witch/fairy. why on EARTH would you want that?? and why is that romantic..? if it were up to me id put it under the mean menu, since really, if youre born a witch/fairy/vamp/wolf, isnt that kind of part of your identity? thatd be a huge deal for me to consider asking/agreeing to, anyway....

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Field Researcher
#13 Old 8th Sep 2012 at 1:57 AM
I made a couple just to test out the new options so I'm not terribly attached to them. I have a witch and a werewolf. I like the witch but the werewolf is so-so for me. They have a werewolf son (teenager now) and a witch baby (toddler). It's kind of cool that you can see from the relationship panel what a toddler is (witches glow yellow). My witch went into the faerie garden and they've offered her a chance to become a faerie. I'm torn because I want to push the witch thing further, but at the same time I want to try this out. I think they give you a faerie potion though rather than just turning you into one, so if that's the case maybe I'll use it on the werewolf son or have them have another kid and turn that one into a faerie. By the way, if anyone's looking for the 'glow orb mushrooms', the Macduffs are hiding a patch of them on the left side of their house behind the shrubbery. I've been checking the apothecary every single day for them and haven't had any luck, and just by chance found them at the Macduff's when I wasn't even looking for them anymore.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 8th Sep 2012 at 4:47 AM
I finally tried to expand my old sims' family by adding their parents. So I made Pazuzu a child(who is now an young adult), his brother Azazel a teenager and witch(who is still an young adult), the father Wormwood as an adult witch(now an elder) and the mother Dantesca as an adult(also an elder now). Since their last name is Zanatas, Satanaz(Satan for us iberic language speakers) backwards. Since I made occult references in their names, I'm making the two witches in the family dark witches. I'm pretty stoked. Papa Wormwood is a scientist, Dantesca works at the school, Azazel is now a self-employed alchemist living by himself and just moved out Pazuzu so I don't know what to do with him yet. I think I'm gonna play with Pazuzu for a while then I'll figure life out. I don't have a lot of screenshots but these are the best ones.

Azazel, almost a YA at this point, and Pazuzu, not long after turning into T.

Dantesca, Wormwood and TBHFTR(Three-Boobed Hooter from Total Recall)

Yep, that's them.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 8th Sep 2012 at 6:23 AM
I like the demon names you used :D
And the last picture, they guy looks really good.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 8th Sep 2012 at 7:22 AM
@fraavio I'm so in love with Dantesca. What a great looking sim.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 8th Sep 2012 at 7:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
I like the demon names you used :D
And the last picture, they guy looks really good.

Thank you! Lemme fetch another picture of him for your viewing pleasure, lol. He's an elder now so, there's that.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 8th Sep 2012 at 8:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tiffyandthewall
@fraavio I'm so in love with Dantesca. What a great looking sim.

Thank you! And a picture of her before the mods warn me, lol.
Alchemist
#19 Old 8th Sep 2012 at 8:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fraavio
Thank you! And a picture of her before the mods warn me, lol.

Awesome! Did you use any special sliders or anything?
Field Researcher
#20 Old 8th Sep 2012 at 9:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by applefeather2
Awesome! Did you use any special sliders or anything?

Nope, just regular vanilla sliders with standard multiplier because when I created her right after 1.38 was released, MasterController or other mods that do that weren't updated yet. EDIT: Actually, I just realized that, aside from her hair, she's all vanilla. EDIT2: Right question to the wrong person but I stick to I said before, both Wormwood and Dantesca, as well as their kids, didn't use any special sliders aside from the one's EA provided, that include the new ones from SN.
Test Subject
#21 Old 8th Sep 2012 at 9:50 AM
Currently creating two vampires and a cat based off of my roleplay (hehe). Female named Nellie, Male named Sweeney and a Cat called Loki. (You may recognise the names ) So far, so good!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 8th Sep 2012 at 5:44 PM
I have a cupple at the moment. Sharon, a fairy, is great at gardening and alchemistry, while Lenny - newly created werewolf - will help the family founds with collecting and repairing/inventing things. Sharon's pregnant right now - I'm curios what creature their offspring will be.
Test Subject
#23 Old 8th Sep 2012 at 5:49 PM
Mine is four siblings. The youngest is a vampire by birth(her vampire father went inside the time machine, did something and she spawnedXD), her sister turned into a witch with a potion she bought, one the the brothers asked to be bitten by a werewolf and the last one, he became a fairy when I transported to Moonlight Falls from another game.

I wanted to have each one of them transformed in a different way. The triplets, the fairy by "moving to a supernatural place", the werewolf by a bite, the witch by a potion and the youngest, by birth.

And I am starting to think about having a ghost and/or a genie as one of their child.

And Miss Harlequin, I love your fairy sim!
Forum Resident
#24 Old 8th Sep 2012 at 8:22 PM
Too the simmer up above with the demons and the demon names...You're not scared to say them? I'm creole, so when I saw the names, I instantly averted my eyes lmao.... We creoles DO NOT say the names of KNOWN demons. There is alot of power in a name... But your sims look awesome anyway!!!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 9th Sep 2012 at 1:48 AM
An update on my witch family. Wyatt is doing no progress with his magic since hes busy with his new family and career. Chris however, almost perfected his Alchemy skills. He is just waiting for his Gardening skills to reached enough level to grow some ingredients that is crucial for Potent Cure potions so that he can get rid of Sunset Valley from overpopulation of Faeries and Werewolves.
Page 1 of 3