Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Sep 2012 at 3:38 PM
The friiking Zombies?
Don't get me wrong, I like Zombies. They add a lot to the game in my opinion, but... After my first full moon, they just... They keep spawning! In the light of day, even if it's a new moon, they just keep spawning! I think something broke that first full moon night, and now... I don't wanna get rid of them permanently, I just think it's annoying that when my sims are out playing fetch with the dog two in the afternoon, a Zombie pops up right beside them! Has this happened to anyone else?
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 9th Sep 2012 at 3:55 PM
Actually I have the opposite problem - I saw one zombie the first night I had a full moon and haven't seen one since. In my case I don't really care since I didn't like them anyway! But one of my mods must be causing this I'm guessing.

According to the official forum, too many zombies is a glitch that may be caused by saving the game on a full moon between the hours of 5pm-9pm or something like that. I was totally shocked that they think they have found such a specific reason for it since usually they never figure out what causes glitches at all.

I read where they were trying to come up with a patch that would correct this in games where this is occuring. I guess everyone else should avoid saving the game on a full moon evening.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 9th Sep 2012 at 4:31 PM
Someone posted a mod to slow down how many zombies you would get.. However.. I dunno, my game doesn't seem like it wants to obey that mod. I cleaned my cache files and stuff once I installed it but the zombies still spawned exactly how they had always done. Its always the same 3, every day / all day. Maybe when I play it today, it will be different.
Eminence Grise
#4 Old 9th Sep 2012 at 5:05 PM
There are at least four mods that I know so far of that deal with zombies... three mentioned in this thread http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=486259 and another one just uploaded here at MTS. It is possible that there's a game bug that causes some games to ignore the XML settings adjusted by these mods, though, as Tangie suggested.

Quote: Originally posted by tangie0906
According to the official forum, too many zombies is a glitch that may be caused by saving the game on a full moon between the hours of 5pm-9pm or something like that.

That's interesting. I have the zombies-all-the-time issue too, and I almost certainly did that, since I tend to save my game every night when my sims go to bed.

I haven't tried any of the mods, since I am finding my current family's zombies mildly entertaining, but I certainly wouldn't want it for EVERY family, so next time I will avoid saving during a full moon and see what happens.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Sep 2012 at 5:59 PM
Yes, that's what I did too.. Does that mean it's too late? There's nothing I can do to save my game now? Aw, that poor little peashooter will have a life full of action..
Eminence Grise
#6 Old 9th Sep 2012 at 8:03 PM Last edited by Srikandi : 9th Sep 2012 at 8:14 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Isalinnea
Yes, that's what I did too.. Does that mean it's too late? There's nothing I can do to save my game now? Aw, that poor little peashooter will have a life full of action..

It appears that the latest version of Twallan's overwatch clears this up.

"Temporary Zombies left over by saving and reloading during a full moon are now cleaned up once the full moon is done

This does not affect sims with the permanent zombie moodlets, which are cleansed each New Moon"
Test Subject
#7 Old 9th Sep 2012 at 10:18 PM
Oh thank god there's a solution, the zombies were beginning to drive me insane. It's one thing to have a few on a full moon, but they were showing up constantly, even when I was on community lots during the day.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 9th Sep 2012 at 10:27 PM
I don't see how this is a big deal. Zombies naturally reproduce like rabbits, would you want that to happen in your game for the sake of accuracy? APOCALYPSE!
Instructor
#9 Old 10th Sep 2012 at 1:18 PM
Default My zombies are just insane!
Yes the zombies are coming all time, day and night and very many too.
I have the latest Overwatch and Errortrap by Twallan and no other mods for now.
One night they was very insane. A zombie brought a radio and they danced like crazy!

On another occasion, a zombie played catch with one Peashooter
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 10th Sep 2012 at 1:20 PM
It seems like the people with peashooters seem to get the most zombies. Do peashooters attract zombies?
Instructor
#11 Old 10th Sep 2012 at 1:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simbalena
It seems like the people with peashooters seem to get the most zombies. Do peashooters attract zombies?

Well, perhaps the peashooter attracts zombies. Another thing I note is that if there's birds on the lot the zombies just stand watching the birds.
Theorist
#12 Old 10th Sep 2012 at 3:03 PM
I have the peashooter and, as I said, I've only seen one zombie ever. She spent the whole time she was there shooting golf balls.

I think the reason I haven't been seeing them is because Overwatch cleans up the homeless and they must be in that category.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 13th Sep 2012 at 10:40 PM
I started having exactly the same problem with zombies spawning like crazy on one lot. I used testingcheatsenabled true and deleted them but they just kept coming and this was a completely non supernatural family. I can't remember if I saved on a full moon, I save all the time. But I don't have a pea shooter on that lot so they can't be attracted to that. I'll try one of the mods and see if it helps. The sound they make when thet emerge from the ground is so scary, especially when you have headphones on

-I Hate being obvious. All fangs and "grrr"! Takes the mystery out. Spike "Buffy The Vampire Slayer"