Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Sep 2012 at 6:43 AM Last edited by fatal_syn : 10th Sep 2012 at 11:28 PM.
Default So, what do you think? How has your experience been in Moonlight Falls?
Hi, I am going to be getting Supernatural sometime this week, so at the moment I do not have access to what the new lot and rabbit hole sizes are. While I like the already created worlds that EA has made, I prefer using my own world because I don't want my sims to be limited to use of the lots only in specific towns(I add the lots I like from each town to my own created world). And I am in the process of creating a new world and I will have it finished before I get the game, but what would be very helpful to me is if I can go ahead and add the appropriate lot sizes so all I have to do is add them in the game and can start playing with the new features A.S.A.P.. I know it kind of is asking for a lot, but can anyone please post the sizes and names of the new lots and rabbit holes throughout the Moonlight Falls?
Ended up getting the game today, so I no longer need the help with lot sizes.

Also, I am very curious about the game. I have read through the posts in some other threads in this section and have watched a few review videos and game play videos. What is your opinion(s) on the game and what is your favorite kind of creature to play with. I am really looking forward the the clock, also. Saw that item in the review. I am getting myself super excited to buy it.

Got the game and think it is pretty neat initially. I like the idea of creating your own fairy and witch. Definitely something new to me in the Sims series. I think it is pretty entertaining. The new world is interesting and I will be trying it out for a little bit. I am kind of picky when it comes to worlds though.. I like different lots/rabbit holes in all the different locations (Bridgeport, Appaloosa, Lunar Lake, Hidden Springs, ect ect), and I always feel like there is something my sims are missing out on if they don't have access to clubbing, or horse ranches.. time for CAW again.

I love wolves and anything to do with lycanthrophy, but after reading the facial problems and seeing how they act and are, I don't know.. I was super excited about werewolves being brought back into the Sims...but they kind of seem lame compared to the witches and fairies. Your thoughts or experience?
I find the werewolves a little silly, but entertaining. No, they aren't totally scary and creepy, but pretty funny. Watching them go about the community is rather interesting. Even though in general a werewolf creature and other other supernatural creatures are mystical and rare or completely hide the fact that they are anything special, I like how Moonlight Falls is just full of them and the normal humans aren't totally freaked out by them all. Now the zombies, they can tend to be annoying when they eat my Sims hard worked on garden. ;__; But, I am a zombie fanatic and enjoy watching them limp around..

So I have to say, EA, I really like it.

Also, do you think the limited edition version worth it? I know it has some dandy features and whatnot, and has inclusive content from Plants vs Zombies, but is it worth it?
I want to know what you think. (Probably gonna buy that version anyway.. just curious. xP)

Thanks and post away.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 10th Sep 2012 at 7:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fatal_syn
Also, do you think the limited edition version worth it? I know it has some dandy features and whatnot, and has inclusive content from Plants vs Zombies, but is it worth it?
I want to know what you think. (Probably gonna buy that version anyway.. just curious. xP)

Thanks and post away.

About this, my place only sells the Limited version anyway. :P
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Sep 2012 at 8:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by emino
About this, my place only sells the Limited version anyway. :P

Oh, that is pretty neat. So, have you played it? (Might be a dumb question since you sell it. x3)
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 10th Sep 2012 at 9:21 AM
Oh, that is pretty neat. So, have you played it? (Might be a dumb question since you sell it. x3)

Not that I sell it, I mean all the shops in my area only sells Limited Edition. lol
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Sep 2012 at 9:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by emino
Not that I sell it, I mean all the shops in my area only sells Limited Edition. lol

Oooh, I see. x) Lol. I wonder how long it will stay out..
Instructor
#6 Old 10th Sep 2012 at 12:56 PM
Well, just to let you know, I don't see any problems with the werewolves, so you might like them too. If you are familiar with older movies, werewolves tend to get a different bone structure in their face and what not. I don't know much about the CAS aspect of them, as I haven't tried to change Morti. But please don't get disapointed before you even played it, cuz you will surely feel let down before you give it a chance. I love the xpac and it's alot ton of fun and I haven't even discovered half of it yet.
As for the lot sizes, I will try to remember to look for you. I did look on the wiki, but they don't post the _ x _ sizes. But there are plenty of blank lots mixed with non empty.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Sep 2012 at 5:33 PM
Well, thank you very much for your post. I know I shouldn't completely shut down the idea of the werewolves being any good, but how do the females look as a werewolf? Any pictures or videos I have seen have been of male transformations. In all fairness I will probably try to get bitten. I just love the idea too much of wolfy creatures to totally dis it.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 10th Sep 2012 at 9:58 PM
Females and males don't look much different once they transform. I like this, though. Werewolves were feared creatures back in tradition and lycanthropy was a curse, not just a fact of life.

The Overlord Legacy - Taking over the world one generation at a time.
The Addison House - The reality show where eight contestants are crammed in one haunted house to survive.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 10th Sep 2012 at 11:15 PM
@misslaheela

I love your picture, btw. Spirited Away, right?

And yeah, I actually went ahead and got the came today. Time to edit the title and first post..

Anyway, that is true, I think the werewolves are a bit silly acting since their appearance/curse is based on the traditional legends. I am really hoping for some"wolfish" mods. That may be far-fetched, but I have always wanted EA to base some more things from that can of lycanthropy. I know in the Sims 2, a black wolf would show up and could potentially bite you and that is what caused the werewolf curse in that game.
I am not sure how you get turned into one in the Sims 3, I haven't messed with it long enough just yet to know.

I still have my fingers crossed though that someone will work on a neat mod for it.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 11th Sep 2012 at 3:39 AM Last edited by jhd1189 : 11th Sep 2012 at 5:16 AM. Reason: Removed adult link
do not click on her link.
Not sure if it was hacked or not but its was not a sim image. it was a adult nude.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 11th Sep 2012 at 3:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wendylady
Not sure if it was hacked or not but its was not a sim image. it was a adult nude.

LOL I was expecting to see a sim pic!! Was a shocker!!
Test Subject
#12 Old 11th Sep 2012 at 9:38 AM
@misslaheela
Anyway, that is true, I think the werewolves are a bit silly acting since their appearance/curse is based on the traditional legends. I am really hoping for some"wolfish" mods. That may be far-fetched, but I have always wanted EA to base some more things from that can of lycanthropy. I know in the Sims 2, a black wolf would show up and could potentially bite you and that is what caused the werewolf curse in that game.
I am not sure how you get turned into one in the Sims 3, I haven't messed with it long enough just yet to know.

I still have my fingers crossed though that someone will work on a neat mod for it.

It may just be the full moon glitch, but it seems to me that werewolves spend an inordinate amount of time in wolf form. I'd like to see a patch or mod that makes the SIMS behave as it was actually A CURSE - something to be avoided at all costs...and nearly impossible to cure (not just whipping up a batch of Potent Cure Elixir...make it monovalent Lycanthropy Remedy. NPC Sims, I think< should be more aggressive toward PC Sims in passing on the curse - but you should have a chance of beating them off.

Becoming a werewolf is possible in three ways
1. Ask a werewolf to bite you. "Cursed Bite"
2. Use a Lycanthrope Potion.
3. Be attacked by a werewolf. As far as I can tell, this can only be done if you control the attacking werewolf, command it to attack you...then switch back. And then you get a notice saying "Be Curse Bitten" which you can click and nothing happens.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 11th Sep 2012 at 8:15 PM
I wish they didn't get rid of the wolf that bit you and caused the curse. Made it seem so much more.. special? And I enjoyed having the wolf randomly come to my door, even befriended him.

I decided to go with a fairy sim for now. Was stuck between witch and fairy, ended up choosing fairy since I like gardening..
Test Subject
#14 Old 12th Sep 2012 at 3:30 PM
I've always been a huge fan of werewolves (game, literature, theatre, etc.) but I take the opposite view of many in liking the 'old school' (Michael Landon) werewolf look. I'd rather have them turn full blown half wolf/half mortal (Underworld type). I understand the mechanics would be very difficult, but still, just my opinion.

As far as playing a werewolf, it seems pretty useless. I've had her hunt maybe four or five times. I'm more into the witch I made and the vampire townie she married and brought into the family.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 12th Sep 2012 at 5:40 PM
Supernatural is easily my favourite expansion. I like being able to create different supernatural types.

When I first played I created a family that included all the different types so I could sample them all together. I created a ghost child called Andrew Deadchild. I thought it was funny that you can still select old age as the cause of death for a child. Also, just because the child is a ghost it doesn't mean he doesn't go to school. I have not had the opportunity to see if he ages, but it appears that he will. There hasn't been much information about ghosts on the whole.

Werewolves are ok. I discovered something yesterday when editing a werewolf. I had assumed that when you edited your sim in werewolf form they would share weight and muscle, but they don't. I have made a really fatchick sim that turns into a babe when she's a werewolf. Her husband is a skinny pale guy who turns into a buff adonis when he changes. So, for me at least, werewolves have another dimension.

I like the new frog head you can wear as a hat. I made a family of frog fairies. LOL

WHAT I IF TOLD
YOU

THAT YOU READ
THE FIRST LINE WRONG?

GARGA BLARG BLARG!!!
Mad Poster
#16 Old 12th Sep 2012 at 11:03 PM
So maybe I'm not looking hard enough but does Moonlight falls...not have a grocery store?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 12th Sep 2012 at 11:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Reaperwolf
I've always been a huge fan of werewolves (game, literature, theatre, etc.) but I take the opposite view of many in liking the 'old school' (Michael Landon) werewolf look. I'd rather have them turn full blown half wolf/half mortal (Underworld type). I understand the mechanics would be very difficult, but still, just my opinion.

As far as playing a werewolf, it seems pretty useless. I've had her hunt maybe four or five times. I'm more into the witch I made and the vampire townie she married and brought into the family.

See, this is exactly how I look at it, more or less. I agree when you say it would be very difficult, but pretty amazing. EA can make genies, ghosts, magical spells, ect, so I bet they could have made a more interesting werewolf. The lycans on underworld would have been a nice and interesting touch. But then again, in their point of view and for their younger users, they have to keep it on a much more family friendly look..

Which is a shame for the more adult users that use the adult content.. but I guess that is what mods are for.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 13th Sep 2012 at 9:20 AM
Has anyone noticed the crazy-awesome framed portraits and paintings?! I did a serious double-take the first time I saw the portrait of the dude with the 'stache. And Moonlight Betty or whatever looks insane.

Is this affected by the presence of zombies, or the lunar cycle? I'm not sure... There is literally always a zombie on my lawn, either whining about locked gates or absently watching Bonehead-hilde haplessly get eaten and then puked out again by my cowplant, ad nauseam. (Ha. ha.)

Anyways, I don't have my walls up all the time, and I forget to check (occupied by hazard control for Miss Bonehead, presumably).

Eat some sand, make a pearl.
Scholar
#19 Old 13th Sep 2012 at 9:25 AM
I'm honestly quite happy with the town, I like the layout and the size feels good, even though its obviously a lot smaller than most EA towns. It's just very comfortable.

Although I'm re-doing all the locals. Every single one. Cause... eew.

The Love Legacy A Random Legacy Challenge Blog - Currently in Progress
Field Researcher
#20 Old 13th Sep 2012 at 10:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
So maybe I'm not looking hard enough but does Moonlight falls...not have a grocery store?

There is. It's attached to the diner.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 13th Sep 2012 at 11:35 AM
Still exploring Moonlit Falls, but so far I like the community lots. I wish I could find more gems and fallen rocks. I'm starting with a fairy and do not want her to have a job, but to collect rocks until she can make something off of her gardening. The rocks have been hard to find. Mostly, there's been a small collection at one of the beaches. I saw them someplace else, but now I can't remember.

Why are there so many empty parks? Is that for zombies?

The little fairy houses on community lots are wonderful. Probably, my fairy doesn't need a place of her own if she can find one of those so easily, but then I'm not sure if she would be able to garden. I should test out whether she could plant seeds on other people's land or on community lands.

There aren't any playable families, which is something I miss.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.