Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Sep 2012 at 6:29 AM Last edited by Srikandi : 15th Sep 2012 at 3:27 AM. Reason: Merging, updating thread title
Default Sims/werewolves have wrong hair or face [merged threads]
[Supernatural]

A few times when my female Sim has taken a shower, she has come out with the wrong hair style and/or clothes.
Her usual hair is custom content, but this also happens to her boyfriend who doesn't have any cc.
And every time he transforms into a werewolf, or changes clothes as a werewolf, his entire face changes.
I haven't seen the werewolf face I made for him in CAS since the first few days in game.
They change back to normal when they shower, change clothes or transform.

^ his proper wolf face. all the others are wrong.

Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 14th Sep 2012 at 1:02 AM
Default Werewolf bug ?
heya all, i got my lycan sim just playing normal, i've edited his lycan form to dont have that much furr over his body when i go from cas to the game, and turn him into lycan form he just got all full of fur and with messy hair and i can't change it to the form i want.
Someone have any idea ?

Ty
Test Subject
#3 Old 14th Sep 2012 at 1:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rogi_223
heya all, i got my lycan sim just playing normal, i've edited his lycan form to dont have that much furr over his body when i go from cas to the game, and turn him into lycan form he just got all full of fur and with messy hair and i can't change it to the form i want.
Someone have any idea ?

Ty

I've had the same problem, almost certainly a bug.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Sep 2012 at 2:09 AM
Mine has started changing with a different fur, hair and beard every time! But not only that, his face completely changes randomly.
I made a thread about this a couple days ago, with pictures.

LIKE Time Warp Sims on Facebook!
Legacies, Challenges, Sims, Houses, Modelling, and Information!
Field Researcher
#5 Old 14th Sep 2012 at 8:05 AM
Aer you guys using Twallan mods? Because he fixed it with the last version of master controller.
Test Subject
#6 Old 14th Sep 2012 at 3:24 PM
nope i dont use , my game is not using any mods so i dont know why thisi s hapenning ._.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 14th Sep 2012 at 5:40 PM
I read today on nraas wiki that is a vanilla game bug that people reported on official sims3 site. Happened to me one time days ago when i made my first weregirlwolf and then edited clothes via mastercontroller: but after installing latest mastercontroller update yesterday i changed my werewolfette clothes and loaded and realoaded the game and everithing worked fine, so, for now i'm crossing fingers but seems it worked!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 15th Sep 2012 at 3:04 AM Last edited by Srikandi : 15th Sep 2012 at 3:23 AM.
Now my way more in depth thread has been referred here, and I started mine first
*pout*

[Edit: link removed since threads merged]

LIKE Time Warp Sims on Facebook!
Legacies, Challenges, Sims, Houses, Modelling, and Information!
Eminence Grise
#9 Old 15th Sep 2012 at 3:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RaptureQuinn
Now my way more in depth thread has been referred here, and I started mine first
*pout*

LOL, sorry, RaptureQuinn. Let me see if I can merge the threads.

Edit: There, I think that worked! Now everybody is happy, right?
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 15th Sep 2012 at 8:55 AM Last edited by twallan : 15th Sep 2012 at 9:09 AM.
When you re-edit a werewolf outfit in CAS, EA Standard does not set the Age/Gender/Species flags properly for the outfit. So when the game checks whether the werewolf outfit is still valid it always fails, forcing a reroll of the genetics.

Now, I'm unclear whether that issue occurs for sims created from scratch in Edit Town CAS, however the effect does look suspiciously similar.

Simplest way to fix it is take you sim into "Edit in CAS" using [MasterController], as Baiaana suggested, and have it set the proper flags on the outfit for you.

After that it should be permanent, until your sim ages-up. If not, you know where to find me.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Test Subject
#11 Old 15th Sep 2012 at 1:28 PM
i'll give a try ty for the help guys and sry for doing that doubled thread wasnt on purpouse :s, also someone could post the link to master controller ._.?
Theorist
#12 Old 15th Sep 2012 at 2:51 PM
When I first saw this issue described, I thought perhaps the problem was tied to the borked career outfits that came with SHT. Wouldn't have surprised me!

The mods are easy to find using a search engine, but here's the link: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Forum Resident
#13 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 9:40 AM
Did anyone know why some sims (definitely not in pure black skintone) in MF have black skin when turned to werewolf? At first I thought the problem is that I am using custom skintone. I remove it and also delete all caches, and that sim still a black werewolf.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 3:27 PM
Has anyone else noticed that eye color changes as well? I haven't had my werewolf's face change actually, but for some reason after one sim day his eye color changed randomly. I made him in CAS and gave him really bright glowing yellow eyes (both in human and wolf form) but after playing for one sim day then they changed to brown, and stayed that way. His eyes are still bright yellow in his... miniature pic, and the interaction menus, but not in his actual FACE.
Supreme Social Simmer
#15 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 4:07 PM
The werewolf face defaulting may be caused by sliders. The first werewolf I made was massively customized, face, ears, body (height), skin tone and hair, when I saved & exited the game, I returned later to find my werewolf completely defaulted to a non-custom from. I removed the sliders, re-customized a werewolf and the alterations have stuck, I have had no issues since, though I do miss the use of the sliders : (

As far as eye issues, the only thing I am experiencing is a lack of glow form them. They did glow when I first made them but for some reason they just stopped, but the actual eye color did not change.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 4:25 PM
Maybe it was just the glow for me too, now that I think of it... and they looked more yellow BECAUSE of the glow. Anyhow, I miss the glow! Argh.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 4:31 PM
Well i made my werewolfette trasform one of the other girls, then i edited the new one in Cas via Mastercontroller. The day after when i reloaded the save she lost all changes i made while the original werewolf has no issues at all: i created the original as i always do "modify the city/Cas" while the new one was edited ingame.
Test Subject
#18 Old 18th Nov 2013 at 11:48 PM
U have to restsim your werewolf sim and it goes back to normal ok. because it does that to me.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 19th Nov 2013 at 3:32 PM
Alchemist
#20 Old 19th Nov 2013 at 5:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kawab

Nah, it usually happens to EP subforums, so it's still fine.

It's the content of the post that I don't like. Clearly using resetsim will not fix everyone's case, or maybe even anyone. In fact, I'm not sure if the necroer has any idea what the glitch causes and what happens to it...

Just call me Nikel
Field Researcher
#21 Old 19th Nov 2013 at 6:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
Nah, it usually happens to EP subforums, so it's still fine.

It's the content of the post that I don't like. Clearly using resetsim will not fix everyone's case, or maybe even anyone. In fact, I'm not sure if the necroer has any idea what the glitch causes and what happens to it...

I've just been waiting to use that pic for ages, lol

But I agree, resetsim won't change it. From my experience, Werewolves made in CAS transform properly into the werewolf form I choose. Has anyone tried editing their werewolf in CAS, making them human, making them a werewolf again and making the werewolf form themselves?
Field Researcher
#22 Old 20th Nov 2013 at 10:56 AM
Recently I've found my werewolves tend to revert to zero-slider pudding faces in werewolf form every time they age up. Its like attack of the puddings during a full moon. It would be funny if it wasn't so damned annoying.
I have to edit them in CAS. I make them human, make them a werewolf, hit the transform button and then edit them from there, otherwise they go back to pudding next time they transform. (Though they still do every time they age up! GAH!)

(My problem right this moment though, is that none of my occult sims are occult at all, so I'd take the puddingwolves back if it meant I had wolves again).
Inventor
#23 Old 20th Nov 2013 at 11:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by twallan
When you re-edit a werewolf outfit in CAS, EA Standard does not set the Age/Gender/Species flags properly for the outfit. So when the game checks whether the werewolf outfit is still valid it always fails, forcing a reroll of the genetics.

Now, I'm unclear whether that issue occurs for sims created from scratch in Edit Town CAS, however the effect does look suspiciously similar.

Simplest way to fix it is take you sim into "Edit in CAS" using [MasterController], as Baiaana suggested, and have it set the proper flags on the outfit for you.

After that it should be permanent, until your sim ages-up. If not, you know where to find me.

My created sim in france wolfed out and during the stay became the same wolf each time, but I changed nothing in his cloting and hair and each time he wolfed out he was in his everyday clothes, Is it possible its like a hairstyle? When he went home it started to drift so I cured him.

Some people have a Guardian Angel, you know a little guy sitting on your shoulder that tells you right from wrong, but mine is an Idiot.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 20th Nov 2013 at 12:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kidhedera
Recently I've found my werewolves tend to revert to zero-slider pudding faces in werewolf form every time they age up. Its like attack of the puddings during a full moon. It would be funny if it wasn't so damned annoying.
I have to edit them in CAS. I make them human, make them a werewolf, hit the transform button and then edit them from there, otherwise they go back to pudding next time they transform. (Though they still do every time they age up! GAH!)

(My problem right this moment though, is that none of my occult sims are occult at all, so I'd take the puddingwolves back if it meant I had wolves again).

You mean you have no werewolves in your town at all now? If that's the case, enable testingcheats and shift click the mailbox and add werewolves that way
Field Researcher
#25 Old 20th Nov 2013 at 11:10 PM
In Moonlight Falls, none of the occult sims were occult when I posted this. Taking them into CAS and adding Werewolf or Ghost or whatever to them didn't make diddly squat difference. I ended up deleting and replacing the world file for Moonlight Falls with a back up I took ages ago (and thank goodness I had a moment of paranoia and backed it up!).
Now it seems to be working as normal again. Branch Timbly is a Fairy, the Wolffs are back to normal, etc.
It will take some time before I figure out if the pudding wolves are gone, cos I gotta wait for them to age up.
Page 1 of 2