Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 11:58 PM
Default Can witches spells, ice and fire, kill sims?
If not is there a mod or something that enable them to do so.. I mean I was being attacked by some zombies and I did not seem to be able to kill them.
Advertisement
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#2 Old 9th Oct 2012 at 12:58 AM
nope. so far I haven't seen a mod that lets spells kill sims, though there is a mod that lets you do something similar, the Dexter the Bear mod: http://www.modthesims.info/d/372599
One Minute Ninja'd
#3 Old 9th Oct 2012 at 1:12 AM
Or, my preference, Descrate's weapon system http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=402950 Nothing like a a Glock when facing off against a generally clumsy zombie. Well, an automatic shotgun would be my first choice, but, after all, the game is rated T.
Test Subject
#4 Old 9th Oct 2012 at 1:38 AM
There is a way in vanilla to rather easily... persuade unwanted sims to pass on. Instead of targeting them directly with a fire spell, cast it on the ground they're standing on. With ice spells I don't think it'd be as easy a task
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Oct 2012 at 2:06 AM
Thanks K-64 and I already have both Descrate's weapon system and Dexter the bear mod... Which are awesome.
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#6 Old 9th Oct 2012 at 2:49 AM
well, with the Ice spell there is a chance of it being permanent. It doesn't count as "killing" but you do get a cool statue out of it
One Minute Ninja'd
#7 Old 9th Oct 2012 at 2:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ButchSims
well, with the Ice spell there is a chance of it being permanent. It doesn't count as "killing" but you do get a cool statue out of it

Then there's always the Midas Touch elixir. Just use it on yourself and touch a sim to check out the "Goldfinger" moment.
Eminence Grise
#8 Old 13th Oct 2012 at 3:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Scionwoods
If not is there a mod or something that enable them to do so..

Try the WCIF forum under Help to look for mods.
Theorist
#9 Old 14th Oct 2012 at 1:32 PM
I heard that the 'Haunt' Spell might cause death by frightening.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 15th Oct 2012 at 12:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by vhanster
I heard that the 'Haunt' Spell might cause death by frightening.
Actually, if the haunting spell backfires it kills the witch. I don't know what death type it's be, death by magic (the green one) probably.
Theorist
#11 Old 15th Oct 2012 at 12:13 PM
But if it's successful, it could kill another Sim. Anyway, according to the wiki:

Quote:
Haunting Curse: Witches with at least a level five of Spellcasting (hidden skill) can die if his attempted Haunting Curse spell fails and backfires on him. If successful, a Sim affected by this spell may die of Haunting Curse.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 16th Oct 2012 at 11:03 AM
The ice curse sure works on Zombies, meaning it kills them - at least it did for me. The Zombie froze and then melted away. Since the game generates the full moon Zombies from preexisting Sims if any are available, you could just wait for them to pop up as Zombies ...
Instructor
#13 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 12:40 PM
Have you tried casting the fire spell twice on the sim you want to kill?

Fear is only in our minds ♡ Taking over all the time..❤
Inventor
#14 Old 23rd Oct 2012 at 1:48 PM
The sim that my witch cast the fire blast spell on, jumped in a cab and went home to put himself out. I was going to try and see if the ice blast spell would put the sim out, but the other sim was too fast in getting away. I did do an ice blast spell on that same sim the following day, but he didn't seem to care that he was cold (icicles hanging from him) and just stood around and socialized with other sims. I was thinking he would turn completely frozen, but he didn't.

You can find my Sims 3 Mods at TFM's Sims Asylum .
Scholar
#15 Old 23rd Oct 2012 at 2:34 PM
I'd be interested in something that reduces the innate protection that Paparazzi have... It's not that they can't be attacked, but it seems that there is a tendency for the attack (witchcraft or alchemy) to drop from queue allowing the miserable buggers to escape.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 6:03 PM
I read somewhere people were having issues with the fire and ice not killing sims. I guess it can kill them, like any fire I would think, as long as their moodlets are low. I know with mine, the sims catch on fire, do their fire ouchy Ah ah ahhhhhh! dance for a bit then for some reason they poof, disappear. Same with the frozen sim, they melt a bit then poof disappear. Only they all return sometime later, or I see them walking around town. So they don't actually die. I wish they would. So I'm not sure if its a glitch or not.
Scholar
#17 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 6:14 PM
My teen witch managed to freeze a paparazzi (whom his sister had given the haunting curse to... which hadn't killed him)

We tried a fire blast next to see what would happen.

He was left singed, but in one piece. Fun night on the town for my teen witches. (Seriously, how have they not been thrown in jail for terrorizing the town yet?)

The Love Legacy A Random Legacy Challenge Blog - Currently in Progress
Mad Poster
#18 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 6:39 PM
^^giggles

I confess. I am a little frustrated, because I tried a tried all sorts of ways to kill sims with my witch. It just never works! I got so frustrated, I downloaded Desecrate's gun and open fired.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Instructor
#19 Old 7th Nov 2012 at 6:02 AM
I thought spell doesn't kill, but it does. I just recently play with a fairy and do fire trick on sims hair, it burn the sims to dead!
Test Subject
#20 Old 9th Nov 2012 at 11:56 PM
Fire can.

Your witch can set fire to a whole lot with fire spell.

You can freeze a sim solid with ice blast, then light everything around it on fire, and book it. If there's no fire alarm, there's a good chance they'll burn to death.

I set fire to a cemetery that had a lot of plants in it, I just wanted to clear away the shrubs but it ended up killing like 12 sims.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 15th Dec 2012 at 7:49 AM
What about that level seven hunger drain spell? Could you use that to kill a sim?
Field Researcher
#22 Old 15th Dec 2012 at 11:10 AM Last edited by shadedgrey63 : 30th Apr 2013 at 8:20 PM.
Fire spells will sometimes set a sim on fire, and they must reach a shower, or other source to put themselves out in an hour before they'll burn to death. Most of the time the sim just becomes scorched, but if you cast the spell on them again (when they're still scorched), they are set on fire.
Test Subject
#23 Old 21st Apr 2013 at 9:53 PM
I killed a sim using the hunger curse spell a few times on the target...I use it on a paperazzi seeing as they don't take care of themselves when they are bothering you. Zombies I have used the toadifaction curse on them and they dont die but run away
Test Subject
#24 Old 21st Apr 2013 at 9:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ValentineHeart
Fire can.

Your witch can set fire to a whole lot with fire spell.

You can freeze a sim solid with ice blast, then light everything around it on fire, and book it. If there's no fire alarm, there's a good chance they'll burn to death.

I set fire to a cemetery that had a lot of plants in it, I just wanted to clear away the shrubs but it ended up killing like 12 sims.

good thing you did it at the cemetary
#25 Old 30th Apr 2013 at 12:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Periandre
I'd be interested in something that reduces the innate protection that Paparazzi have... It's not that they can't be attacked, but it seems that there is a tendency for the attack (witchcraft or alchemy) to drop from queue allowing the miserable buggers to escape.

My witch turns all paps into toads :p
Page 1 of 2