Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 10:18 AM
Default Best/Favourite Supernatural type
Im sorry if someone has already made a thread like this.

I've had supernatural since the realse date and have never really played with any of the supernatural types, I would like to make a family for my A-Z Challenage family but I'm not sure which type to use

So whats your favourite/best supernatural type!?

Starfish Sims | Hyland Legacy
Random Legacy - Gen 1
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th Dec 2012 at 4:32 AM
Witches. They have that witchitude factor that all the others are lacking.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Eminence Grise
#3 Old 9th Dec 2012 at 4:53 AM
I'm gonna have to go with "witch" too Their abilities are genuinely very useful, and at least the way I conceptualize them, they are more multi-faceted than the other types, who are kinda... one-note personality-wise. I suppose vampires are generally protrayed as complex and ambivalent, but I just don't feel any sympathy for them.

I did have a very fun werewolf family; only trouble with them was, they had way too much money due to their hunting skill (two sims + dog hunting every night = megabucks )

Not a SPN occult, but I kinda like genies too, useful-skill-wise.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 9th Dec 2012 at 5:26 AM
In terms of usefulness I'd have to agree that witches are the best. But my personal favorite are fairies. I just really love the mythology behind fairies and have always found them fascinating. Not to mention auras are pretty useful for skilling.
Inventor
#5 Old 9th Dec 2012 at 6:32 AM
Personally, I like fairies the most. However, I find myself mostly playing vampires, mainly due to my legacy game.

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 9th Dec 2012 at 6:45 AM
I like witches the most because as people said before their magic is actually useful. I like fairies, but I was getting fed up with them always losing their frigging wings. The constant fairy wing error when they get out of the fairy house got old fast.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 9th Dec 2012 at 7:09 PM
I think witches are the best but right now I'm playing a fairy+ vampire family. I think fairies (male and female) are gorgeous, but the witches have the best abilities, IMO.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 9th Dec 2012 at 10:17 PM
I'd also go with witches. In concept, faeries are really cool, but their powers are less focused and not as useful as those witches have.

All of the SN occults (besides zombies) are interesting additions to a game IMO, but if I could only play one I'd choose witches.

Friends don't let friends use EA Story.

Use either Awesome or Twallan's.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 10th Dec 2012 at 11:23 AM
If one is first going to mention Zombies, and consider them Supes, then I feel that Zombies are the most fun to play; maybe not the most useful though.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Field Researcher
#10 Old 17th Dec 2012 at 6:18 PM
I've been playing a werewolf who met and fell in love with a fairy. I've enjoyed having my werewolf fulfill his lifetime wish (Leader of the Pack?) while making tons of friends and spreading his curse. Even though they are not versatile, having him pick up alchemy afterwards was a natural course to take with him.

I am getting into fairies. They are fun but their pranks don't help them make or retain friends easily, which is fine if you don't care one way or the other. But the fairy that the game spawned is friendly and her lifetime wish is to have 20 friends. She is a very good gardener, BTW and that is coming in really handy.

I haven't played witches or vampires extensively so I don't yet have an opinion about their worth. But I made an evil vampire couple and will be playing them next.
Inventor
#11 Old 17th Dec 2012 at 6:27 PM
I would say witches then genies, I have a couple werewolves but they are a bit soppy, vamps are also not dangerous enough ..I have one fairy who is a complete nutter psycho
One Minute Ninja'd
#12 Old 19th Dec 2012 at 10:46 PM
Having gone with Twallan's Hybrid, I'm really enjoying my vampire witches. The powers of vamps, the utility of witches, and you have a something that can do just about everything in game. Skill them up in alchemy, and you never get bored with deciding what to do next.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 20th Dec 2012 at 2:51 AM
The witches are more direct but, I found the genies more helpful to the household. That magic clean is handy and
since she is high skilled in cooking and has that no spoiled fridge her summon meals are perfect so I have her stock up so
no sims need to cook. Ensorcel is really great esp with seasons as she has neighbors digging through the junkyard
for my inventor sim, drilling for gems, gardening, raking leaves, unclogging toilets and the like.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 20th Dec 2012 at 3:20 PM
I like witches, but genies are my favorite for all the reasons fullsheet mentioned. Also, ensorcel? Perfect for getting rid of paparazzi.
Scholar
#15 Old 20th Dec 2012 at 4:08 PM
For usefulness, witches. For favorite, witches and faeries. As far as werewolves go, EA could have done a much better job. I mean, it shouldn't take me several times to bite someone. Just because said person has a rolled up NEWSPAPER. Also, I've been steering away from vampires once I learned that "hey, they're making vampires sparkle now? ABANDON EVERYTHING." I haven't played Moonlight falls since I learned there are some "look-alikes" hiding inside.

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Alchemist
#16 Old 26th Dec 2012 at 9:19 PM
Vampires, definitely vampires, always. I would have endured the sparkles, too, but luckily we don't have to anymore.
Instructor
#17 Old 28th Dec 2012 at 2:04 AM Last edited by McChoclatey : 5th Mar 2013 at 2:33 AM.
I'm in love with the werewolves in this game. You know, at first I was sure I wasn't going to like them, with them being a watered down version of M-rated-eating-people werewolves and all, but it's kinda cute, and I like what EA's done with them (never thought I'd say that). I especially like the "rub belly" interaction.

EDIT: Damn you, EA. My werewolf isn't the same anymore. WHAT THE F*CK HAPPENED TO HIS FACE, YOU BASTARDS?! I iz an angry gamer nao.

My male Sims are...Simulicious!
Test Subject
#18 Old 31st Dec 2012 at 1:32 AM
I love my werewolf, though I suck at making friends so her Lifetime Wish, Leader of the Pack is going to be quite hard. I also like my fairies, because I'm already a fan of the gardening and they make it so much easier. I like the charms, and curses that the witches are able to do but it's a little hard to do a lot of magic considering how fast the magic goes down on the magic bar.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 31st Dec 2012 at 2:05 AM
I've gotta go with Zombies. Though I had to modify the game to make the status always permanent, once I did they were a lot of fun.
Test Subject
#20 Old 31st Dec 2012 at 3:19 AM
Witches, I have to agree!
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 1st Jan 2013 at 12:31 AM
I guess I'll need to try a witch next. So far werewolves have been a big disappointment. I knew we weren't getting Larry Talbot, but I was hoping for at least Derek Hale.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 29th Jan 2013 at 8:22 AM
Only werewolf is my favorite...
Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 29th Jan 2013 at 11:25 AM
I like the witches but I also like the vampires and the faires that it had although I do not like the werewolves or some of the ghost options.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Test Subject
#24 Old 5th Feb 2013 at 8:42 PM
Fairies are my favorite. Of course, I went through this huge phase where I would make all of my money from batches upon batches of ghost chilis...but the fairies already have the green thumb trait hidden within, so you have that extra slot for a different trait. Plus, they can force the plants to grow, and they're downright gorgeous. Fairies all the way for me. They were the ONLY supernatural I played after trying out all the rest. And the toddlers with their little wings are so darling :p
Test Subject
#25 Old 7th Feb 2013 at 9:43 AM
As most of you - Witches!!
Page 1 of 2