Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 9:44 AM
Confirmed: No CASt in the Sims 4 Basegame!
Shit!

Inderview Link: http://www.edenstyle.it/the-sims-4-...mguru-jill.html

Simguru Jill said:

Some players are not happy about the fact that we don’t have Create a Style in game anymore. What would you like to tell them?

At the moment we are not planning to add Create a Style in game and we don’t know if this feature will be added later on. We are focusing on making the base game great, stable and powerful. We want The Sims 4 to ship with a very high level of quality and we decided to focus on certain areas.

I think that's because they said that the game "understands" the colors the sims are wearing. And if we are able to edit them, the game won't understand the color the sim is wearing.

That's just great. No CASt, no weather, no pets.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 9:50 AM
Not impressed at all, but I think one of these yibsims need to ask them straight out WHY they've not added it, what is the reasoning, is it technical, is it they didn't think players would miss it? etc I want to know what their reasoning is for not adding it.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 9:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nick-the-Greek
That's just great. No CASt, no weather, no pets.

Waiting for them confirming there will be no open Neighborhood.
TS4 is really nothing more than TS 2.5...But i guess thats what all wanted.
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 9:57 AM
Me too! If they want us to be ok with it, and still buy this "game", then they should say, exactly the reason.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 10:10 AM
We are focusing on making the base game great, stable and powerful. We want The Sims 4 to ship with a very high level of quality and we decided to focus on certain areas. OK...then how does it help stability and high quality to leave out core features? The sims 3 showed very clearly, that most 'it-should-have-been-in-the-base-game" features turn out superficial and bugged. I think CAS is out of the question. I wonder what excuse will they have for not including CAST.

Noone expects the spanish inquisition!
My simblr and my downloads blog .
Test Subject
#6 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 10:48 AM
Instead of trying to figure out a way to make it work they just take it out completely. And for what? To say my sim is feeling blue because the room is blue or feeling flirty because the room is red?! Yeah, that's an intelligent sim, thank you EA! Since there'll be no weather or pets either it's gonna be completely lame and boring.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 10:52 AM
It's supposed to be a new game, so why expect it to be a re-tooling of a previous one? Maybe they can't put everything in at once or even all. It is a different game.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 11:06 AM
Aww. I never used CASt, but it sounds like something I would've liked. From the sounds of thier "IKEA-style catalogue" thing, I'm wondering if they'll have a preset swatch of colours for use to choose from when buying furniture or something, so at least we won't need forty wood textures to get the wooden furniture to actually match.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 11:08 AM
What an absolute load of crap.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 11:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nic
Waiting for them confirming there will be no open Neighborhood.
TS4 is really nothing more than TS 2.5...But i guess thats what all wanted.

I can already feel the no open world thing coming
Scholar
#11 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 11:20 AM Last edited by Nemiga : 29th Aug 2013 at 11:36 AM.
Of couse they don't add this....cuz they need to work on
Field Researcher
#12 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 11:38 AM
no CAST, no buy

this whole Sims 4 thing is a nightmare.. I've never thought I'd have to worry with them removing features that clearly had to be in the basegame. Next step no open world and making babies by kissing 10 times.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 11:44 AM
Oh, that's just great. Websites like this one will be absolutely FLOODED with reskin mods, just like with the Sims 2. I didn't expect weather or Pets to be in the base game (they never have been), but Create a Style is so awesome that they're foolish to remove it in favor of some "favorite color system".

But honestly, how hard would it be to add a color check based on ranges? Maybe something like this pseudocode:
if(colorRed>=xxx && colorCyan>=xxx &&& etc.)
{
**mood is xxxxx***
}
Field Researcher
#14 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 11:52 AM
My only hope is that they're convinced by all those people that are in absolut rage in the official forums. Although it's not very likely.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 12:02 PM
Quote:
We are focusing on making the base game great, stable and powerful. We want The Sims 4 to ship with a very high level of quality and we decided to focus on certain areas.

When I read this the 1st time, I understood that:
  • Implicitly, it's admitting that a high level of quality is some kind of extraordinary achievement for them;
  • Still between the lines, that TS3 isn't a great stable and powerful game;
  • They need to remove anything that's a tad little bit more ambitious to achieve this level of quality (CaSt, weather, pets, maybe an open hood, who knows);
  • The idea to improve something looks strangely absent from their goals.

Me says SimGuruJill needs a bit more practice in PR newspeak ;-)

Quote: Originally posted by lemonbutter
Not impressed at all, but I think one of these yibsims need to ask them straight out WHY they've not added it, what is the reasoning, is it technical, is it they didn't think players would miss it? etc I want to know what their reasoning is for not adding it.

Seconded. I've read all kind of personal opinions of enthusiastic fans who explain that altogether, the loss of CaSt is probably a good thing, it would be "better for performance so that we can focus on our Sims." But not one official straight simple explanation about why the Studio removed it really.
Instructor
#16 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 1:11 PM
*Prepares to take days off just to download recolors*
Mad Poster
#17 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 1:17 PM
I'm calling it now. They got rid of cast because for some reason they couldn't figure out how to make it work with those stupid emotions (worst selling point they've ever come up with BTW)

"They're supposed to be sad when the room is blue....but nothing happens when we use a navy blue.....welp we tried. Guess that's it for CASt. The fans never liked that thing anyway" *insert picture of SimGuru making the troll face*
Scholar
#18 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 1:25 PM
i bet you it is just an excuse for a money scheme. oh you want cast? sure buy this ep for 49.99 theres your cast!!

you want to unlock the hobbies tab? wait for our next ep!!

and the shittiest thing is that ppl WILL cave and purchase these games and it will only justify EAs actions. ugh
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 1:54 PM
Whenever a terrible thing about the Sims 4 is revealed, I smile a little inside. I know it's a childish reaction, but goddammit, just let me have my dreams of seeing them crash and burn because of their utter stupidity.

But really, if the wallpapers they include are as "pretty" as the basic wallpapers we've had in the previous sims games, and with the three story limit... I wonder if they know what game they are making, because they seem to be completely oblivious to how much people like to decorate and build homes.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 1:59 PM
Well, if it's not included in basegame then it's safe to believe that it will never be included in the game later on. They will need to rework all textures to make them compatible with CAST and EA doesn't do that. Look at TS3, they never included businesses because they didn't design the game to have them.
Scholar
#21 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 2:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
It's supposed to be a new game, so why expect it to be a re-tooling of a previous one? Maybe they can't put everything in at once or even all. It is a different game.

This isn't an entirely different game. It's a SEQUEL, and a good sequel improves upon the previous entries of the series.

Game developers seem to be forgetting this, and are making games that are a step to the side overall (like The Sims 3's base game was from The Sims 2), and this notion of a sequel needing to be a completely new game instead of being, well, what a sequel really is, is only going to help them "forget" it even more.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Test Subject
#22 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 2:11 PM
I actually find CASt a bit too overwhelming. I have been known to take over an hour deciding on the exact pattern and colour of wallpaper for a room. I MUCH prefer decorating in the Sims 2, and I'm actually a little relieved CASt won't be in TS4. I feel like I'll be able to get on and play the game. This is just a personal preference though. Looking through the responses in this thread, I am clearly in the minority!
Scholar
#23 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 2:16 PM
No CAS in basegame? It probably gives the players too much customisation for EA's ($) tastes. I can only think of that one reason anyway. Take away main object and clothes customization == more incentive to buy stuff in online store. Now I am getting really curious if and how the game can be modded. How difficult will they make this ?(for the same reason, extra modding hurdle==more incentive to buy convenience in store).
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 2:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LittleMrs
I actually find CASt a bit too overwhelming. I have been known to take over an hour deciding on the exact pattern and colour of wallpaper for a room. I MUCH prefer decorating in the Sims 2, and I'm actually a little relieved CASt won't be in TS4. I feel like I'll be able to get on and play the game. This is just a personal preference though. Looking through the responses in this thread, I am clearly in the minority!

I find it a bit too much sometimes, as well, but just having the option is important. And to be honest, I think that it being too overwhelming is a non-issue when it comes down to it, because you can always rely on the available default colors.

And if you don't like the default colors, just make a few of your own and save them. A door you like but not a single shade of wood you like? Voila. Create a style, save it, and you can use it from then on. To do that in the Sims 2, you have to make cc with the exact shade you want, or hope that a cc creator has made it for you. Create a Style is a lot more efficient.
Instructor
#25 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 2:20 PM
I don't care.
Page 1 of 30