Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#5551 Old 11th May 2015 at 4:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tangie0906
I have a problem with aggressive, rude people who project all their crap onto others. Other than that, I could care less whether people like this game or not.

I love this so much! If you find another site you like to hang out on, I'd be honored to hang out on it with you. Please post a link on the off-topic thread if you find a nice spot.

I still muddle through the official site trying to find out new information. The snobs around this site can say what they want about them but they do have information and some have an interesting point of view.

I am mainly on tumblr, lewisb50.tumblr.com. Learning to express my creative side, one thing that has been fun with my game is learning to recolor and reading about not only Sims 4, but also lots of posts on Sims 2 and 3. The Sims 2 community have been working out with new mods, and CC. Kind of interesting. If I find a site with more freedom and not stifling, I will definitely PM you. *HUGS*

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#5552 Old 11th May 2015 at 5:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
Okay seriously. Who is the serial disagreer in here XD

Me....

Okay, not me, but I could have a good guess.... it begins with "M".

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥ Now playing Sims 4 but not as EA intended.....
Mad Poster
#5553 Old 11th May 2015 at 5:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Flaygor
Me....

Okay, not me, but I could have a good guess.... it begins with "M".

It wasn't me!!

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Field Researcher
#5554 Old 11th May 2015 at 5:17 AM
I am thoroughly entertained.
Forum Resident
#5555 Old 11th May 2015 at 5:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ~MadameButterfly~
It wasn't me!!

You just made my day with that! :lovestruc

Lab Assistant
#5556 Old 11th May 2015 at 5:22 AM
I'm still quietly hoping that the mods change their mind about shutting down/silencing this thread, maybe if only to spite those that would be happy to see it go.
Theorist
#5558 Old 11th May 2015 at 6:06 AM
Do you all remember months back when practically every time a thread was posted it ended up in an all-out war because of both good and bad opinions of TS4? Those threads really did have a lot of negativity and I really did understand why the mods did everything they could to squelch them. The arguments were so bad every time I read one my stomach would tie up in knots so I left for a week or so then one night decided to pop back in and see how things were progressing. That was about the same time the Receptacle was pinned and since it was pinned I started reading here and never stopped because aside from the occasional dumps of those other kinds of threads and the occasional parade rain there's been some really great conversation in this thread.

I agree that if someone lets someone's adverse opinion "ruin" a game they are playing and claim to enjoy then that really is their problem and they need to gain some self-assurance. I think for most of us that kind of thing doesn't hit until we're in our mid-twenties to mid-thirties but when it does it's a real eye opener. I remember when it hit me, when I finally realized it didn't matter what certain other people thought of me because no matter what I did their opinions weren't going to change and I just needed to try to be the best person I could and get on with my life in a way that made ME happy, not them.

I think in the case of the "negativity" (and I use that term loosely because in all honesty I've never seen a polite opinion of dislike as negativity--that's a term that should be saved for when something is REALLY a downer and not for polite criticism), if it's honest to goodness negativity then yeah, I can see it ruining something for someone because after they read such it most likely puts them in such a foul mood they may end up not wanting to play TS4 all together. At the same time, this is when an adult says, "Hey, I'm the one who's responsible for my mood; I'm the one who's responsible for how I react to things," and pull yourself up and get on with whatever you set about doing in the first place, and if TS4 is what they were setting out to do to begin with, then getting into playing it should make them forget all about feeling down, and if it doesn't, as in the player can't immerse themselves in it and get past their bad feelings then perhaps it really isn't a very good game after all.

There's also another aspect whereby a person can be enjoying something and not spend a lot of time thinking about certain things, then all of a sudden they read or hear something that points something bad out and for whatever reason they never noticed it before but the next time they play it suddenly smacks them in the face and they realize just how awful that thing really is. Again, if this happens when playing TS4 then it wasn't a very good game to begin with because if it was really great then those thoughts wouldn't even cross the player's mind while they were playing it.

Having said all that, I'd like to say to Mendota, et al: If you don't like reading thoughts contrary to your own opinions then the easiest thing to do is stay out of places where those thoughts are posted. People who enjoy TS4 have had the entire forum to post threads in to their hearts' content for months on end now while the people who had opposing and/or controversial opinions on TS4 were relegated to a "trash can". You can spend your life with blinders on but I highly recommend that if you'd like to be an informed citizen to take them off and read or listen to both sides of every debate you come across in your life times because that is what will give you the ability to make decisions that are based on more than your think-sos or personal opinions. In the end you may find you still don't agree with the opposing side but you may well understand why they think the way they do.
Mad Poster
#5559 Old 11th May 2015 at 6:08 AM
I think what I love the most is the people who say that if people had complained more about Sims 3, Sims 4 would be better or whatever in hell their reasoning is. I think this is faulty logic. Hypothetically, if people didn't complain about Sims 3 that would imply that they were satisfied with Sims 3 and liked its features and Sims 4 should've expanded on and improved those features. But Sims 4 is nothing like Sims 3. (And in reality, people complained quite a bit but for a large variety of reasons.)

I wish they could've said why and exactly when they're closing The Receptacle in a neutral, non-snotty way - that would've made the pill a little less bitter for me.

In case this is the end, goodbye everybody. Might see you in the Sims 3 forum or Sims 5. I won't be in the Sims 4 forum probably because I won't be buying Sims 4. I wouldn't install it on my computer if EA gave it to me for free. I might install it if they paid me to do it - I think I would have to receive at least $50 to do that lol.

Wish I had an appropriate farewell gif, but I can't find any. Later!
Forum Resident
#5560 Old 11th May 2015 at 7:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Why are they shutting it down? Is it just for technical reasons because this thread has grown beyond the program's limitation? Like when you put a baby alligator in an aquarium?

I mean, couldn't someone simply start a new thread "Let's talk about TS4!" or rather "Cities Skylines Discussion!"

EDIT: I just realized this post is 5556. Sorry, if I busted the 5555.

Apparently we were an "experiment", but no-one has had the decency to actually tell us what the experiment was.

Anyway, we failed, end of story.

If the experiment was to see if we maintained more interest and views than any other Sims 4 thread...... well that's another story. Sims 4 already raises less interest than even Sims 2 so It's gonna be awfully quiet around here when we go.

Look around the social forums Nitromon, it's easy to see where everyone will be in future

#5561 Old 11th May 2015 at 7:14 AM
Wow, people are idiots. Haven't male Sims been able to get pregnant since TS2? -_-
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#5562 Old 11th May 2015 at 7:52 AM
Ok, closed.

Re the "experiment" thing. I didn't think people would get so worked up about that word and I apologize for the poor phrasing. What the staff was trying to do with this thread was to concentrate an ongoing theme into one thread. There were no hidden parameters or anything like that. You can read it all in the first post by leefish.

Look at what this thread has become, though. A bunch of people connected by their disappointment of a game they were really looking forward to and wanted to like. Do you really consider this a good thing being connected to others through a negative feeling? The most positive sides about this thread are the off-topic talks about other games and IKEA and stuff. If it's the latter that keeps you going, then please go to Off Topic Discussion or to a social group and by all means continue. But what the staff sees in this thread is something that keeps the disappointment alive. And anger. Some of you are very angry and you don't hesitate to vent that anger at EA, the staff or other users. That too seems to be something this thread keeps boiling up even after all those months.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Locked thread
Page 223 of 223