Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#10226 Old 5th Dec 2020 at 10:45 PM
I feel like I should start a guessing game for people, to predict what my current projects are based on which weird build/buy object I would feel 100% confident saying I've used more often in that one project than it has been used by anyone else in the history of Sims builds...

For instance, currently I'm quite confident that this lot will have more instances of the ship's wheel decoration from FF than any other lot ever has had. Any guesses? ( I bet @joandsarah77 probably can figure it out! )

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10227 Old 5th Dec 2020 at 10:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
I feel like I should start a guessing game for people, to predict what my current projects are based on which weird build/buy object I would feel 100% confident saying I've used more often in that one project than it has been used by anyone else in the history of Sims builds...

For instance, currently I'm quite confident that this lot will have more instances of the ship's wheel decoration from FF than any other lot ever has had. Any guesses? ( I bet @joandsarah77 probably can figure it out! )

Well... I did look at using the ship's wheel on my last upload but decided I didn't like it. I also tried the smaller one but thought it looked silly due to size since it could not in rl carry the weight, so I removed all of them and went 'bare' I am always interested in what you come up with.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#10228 Old 5th Dec 2020 at 11:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Well... I did look at using the ship's wheel on my last upload but decided I didn't like it. I also tried the smaller one but thought it looked silly due to size since it could not in rl carry the weight, so I removed all of them and went 'bare' I am always interested in what you come up with.

I kind of wondered if you'd looked at it as a possibility with that build! I think the direction you went with it, in your case that was the right call, but I'm going for much more stereotypical high fantasy, and it works well with my styles so far! I'm still fiddling around with designs I like, but at this point on my test build lot, I have *counts* 105 of them, since I'm pleased enough with them doubled up in most cases (plus one for steering the biggest and most ridiculous-looking one... obviously )

Mad Poster
#10229 Old 6th Dec 2020 at 1:53 AM
When it comes to downloads, I download and close the tab. After all, websites come and go, better to have it.

Don't ask how much I have in my 'Sims 2 Downloads' folder on my desktop, though, that isn't in my game!

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10230 Old 6th Dec 2020 at 4:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
I kind of wondered if you'd looked at it as a possibility with that build! I think the direction you went with it, in your case that was the right call, but I'm going for much more stereotypical high fantasy, and it works well with my styles so far! I'm still fiddling around with designs I like, but at this point on my test build lot, I have *counts* 105 of them, since I'm pleased enough with them doubled up in most cases (plus one for steering the biggest and most ridiculous-looking one... obviously )

105 This is going to be 'one of those lots' I can tell!

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10231 Old 6th Dec 2020 at 11:53 PM
I've nearly finished writing all the captions for the pictures I took at the double wedding of Andrew and Julian, and Gloria and Garry. With hindsight i suppose I took too many pictures at the wedding and at the Thanksgiving celebrations the next day, but Hey!, it's not every day that my best friend gets married!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#10232 Old 7th Dec 2020 at 7:13 AM Last edited by HarVee : 7th Dec 2020 at 7:44 AM.
RPC has a Santa hat on the icon. Even my icons are getting festive.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Top Secret Researcher
#10233 Old 7th Dec 2020 at 11:05 AM
I'm on distance studies right now and my platform is called Omnius.
My fantasy hood is called Omnia.
Going to spend a lot of time with this Omni stuff.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Mad Poster
#10234 Old 8th Dec 2020 at 9:20 PM
I think it's interesting how many of my "BIG" lots wind up being actually very close to $1M in price... I don't remember all the prices off the top of my head obviously, but it seems like if one of my uploads is going to be north of about $500K, it gravitates towards being within just a few tens of thousands of a million (Cathedral and cyberpunk apartments notwithstanding)

I'm seeing this again right now with one of my skyscrapers.. I'm getting pretty close to finished with it (at least with the things that will change the price dramatically), and it's currently at $1.04M.

Mad Poster
#10235 Old 8th Dec 2020 at 9:28 PM
I wish there was an invisible 37k priced object that you could spam to raise the prices of lots. Mine only ever seem to be around 70k. I've never gotten a 1M lot before, but it would be nice to have my fancier lots be pricey without spamming a stupid urn statue. Often my lots have no place for such an item.

Mad Poster
#10236 Old 8th Dec 2020 at 9:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
I wish there was an invisible 37k priced object that you could spam to raise the prices of lots. Mine only ever seem to be around 70k. I've never gotten a 1M lot before, but it would be nice to have my fancier lots be pricey without spamming a stupid urn statue. Often my lots have no place for such an item.

1M is chump change, but I'm pretty sure I'm still the only one to ever upload a 2M+ lot before, haha I would say the Song Dynasty Vase is probably your best bet here... it's the priciest object ($4K a pop) that's still easy to hide if you don't actually want it visible. With move_objects on, you can hide it in a tree or a column or something, and actually place as many instances of it as you want in that same place, so while it won't drive the price up quite as fast as if you could hide the pirate ship somehow(!), it can still bump up your lot costs if you find your Sims are having too easy a time with the housing market!

You might be surprised to learn that I would actually also really like it if there were a way of bumping the price of a lot up... or down. What I'd most like would be some objects that you could place on an uninhabited lot that would raise or lower the value of the entire lot by, say, 30%, so that you could have slums with cheaper housing, and ritzy downtowns with more expensive, just like you'd see in reality.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#10237 Old 8th Dec 2020 at 10:09 PM
Sims 3 came close to that, as you could change the lot base price when creating a world, so have cheap areas and richer areas. Would be nice if we could do that in Sims 2; place a really cheap 2X2 lot or a really expensive one!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10238 Old 8th Dec 2020 at 10:53 PM
I wondered how Milburn Pennybags' Green House in Monopoly Game Town by d_dgjdhh is so expensive (it costs §356,019) until I looked in the inaccessible attic. It's packed full of expensive junk. (Song Dynasty Vases and paintings if I remember rightly.)

(The attic of the Real Life house we moved out of last year was packed full of junk too, but unfortunately our junk wasn't expensive -- just the kind of stuff you collect in nearly 90 years of the family living in the house! )

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#10239 Old 9th Dec 2020 at 3:31 AM Last edited by HarVee : 9th Dec 2020 at 4:15 AM.
I contacted a few artists I wanted to include in BaST to see if they'd be willing to do Simlish covers of their songs... for a fee of course. So *fingers crossed* we'll see. Currently I have contacted Hugo Kant and The Cruxshadows, for the new Triphop and Gothic Rock stations respectively. At the moment securing licenses is the main hold-up for BaST public beta release.

Meanwhile, as I figure out licensing, what can be used for free and what will be costly, you can enjoy the BaST playlist on spotify. The songs in non-Simlish are the ones I am hoping to get rerecorded in Simlish, or at the least acquire an instrumental of. Note, I am avoiding popular artists because the fees would be too much for me to afford.

Mad Poster
#10240 Old 9th Dec 2020 at 5:51 AM
I still prefer to store money in gold ingots what do not depreciate in time: https://modthesims.info/d/575827/nc...orage-unit.html
Forum Resident
#10241 Old 9th Dec 2020 at 10:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee

Something like an opposite Mortgage Shrub lol. That would be nice, though I do tend to go in the opposite direction and make everything cheaper (what can I say? I’m very lenient on my Sims!)

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Top Secret Researcher
#10242 Old 9th Dec 2020 at 1:18 PM
<- I feel this smart because I just learned how to edit BHAVs in SimPE.
Anything is possible! Maybe a future modder here.

(This site helped lol https://www.hexadecimaldictionary.com/)

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Link Ninja
#10243 Old 10th Dec 2020 at 12:03 AM
Congrats! Behavs are a jungle!

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#10244 Old 10th Dec 2020 at 7:00 PM
We're in the week before The Nutcracker here, and I'm the mom of four dancers, including the Nutcracker Prince and the Nutcracker Doll. So if I'm a bit missing, y'all don' t worry, you hear? It's a bit crazy and confusing.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Forum Resident
#10245 Old 13th Dec 2020 at 11:31 AM
I see all these hood makeover lately and I was like: oh boi I wanna do that
but then realized 2 seconds later I knew 0% about hood makeovers and honestly are too lazy to even look it up lol

I build small houses *^*
Mad Poster
#10246 Old 13th Dec 2020 at 5:15 PM
@OnayaW -I've been there a few times with my current BACC because it's a brand new town still getting started and the town is slowly growing as time goes by.I just started out with the bare basics and am adding more features to the town slowly as it progresses into a real town.I like to have town or neighborhood makeovers take place gradually where lots get edited and sometimes removed with a new one being put in it's place as the neighborhood changes from a farming district to a suburb or a downtown becomes more upscale or downgrades into a low income urban neighborhood.
Forum Resident
#10247 Old 13th Dec 2020 at 10:47 PM
@TadOlson ah don’t get me wrong - I don’t mind doing that when playing a custom hood.
The thing here is I really wanna makeover Riverblossom Hills in a version I can share which requires for it to be a safe as possible to share.
I kinda wanna have it be this farmer village it was intended to be but honestly so poorly executed to be-
If it makes sense?
The problem is i’m Way too lazy to look up 30 pages about how to make a safe makeover and all.
I really want to make a makeover but I just...
I’m not too lazy to do what’s needed I just really hate reading and finding stuff online-

I build small houses *^*
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#10248 Old 13th Dec 2020 at 11:47 PM
I would start by making a clean environment, so having the mods to stop unnecessary NPC generation in-game and removing all unnecessary templates. Then I would make an empty world, and use Mootilda's HoodReplace to copy the terrain, decorations and lots from Riverblossom that I wanted. You'd have to make sure the lots you copy were empty- move out sims and lotclean them. Then you would have a clean, empty version of the world to work with.
Forum Resident
#10249 Old 14th Dec 2020 at 12:45 AM
Recently, I've jumped back into Sims 2 and renovated Sedona's old gas station. The neighborhood is growing enough and there is suppose to be a military base nearby.

I'm considering turning a shopping district into the imaginary military base so it will no longer be so imaginary. I've never tried turning a sub-neighborhood into anything but what it's meant to be. Since I'm in a mood for building, it should be an interesting chance for something new.

Thing is I know nothing about military bases, except for what a Commissary (Base grocery) and an Exchange (Base department store) are. Guess I'll have quite a bit of research ahead.

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Mad Poster
#10250 Old 14th Dec 2020 at 5:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by OnayaW
I see all these hood makeover lately and I was like: oh boi I wanna do that
but then realized 2 seconds later I knew 0% about hood makeovers and honestly are too lazy to even look it up lol

======
I used to enjoy making new hoods...until some new hood cc caused..well they are FENCES but since they are classes as TREES the game happily piled them around. Easy to get rid of, but wish they were re-catagorized.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Page 410 of 511