Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jul 2016 at 8:43 PM
Default Anyone Update CAW 1.69 to use CC?
Tried the old way to get some CC into my latest CAW and it is not recognizing the CC. Anyone have this problem and found a solution?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 17th Jul 2016 at 4:56 AM
I have a fresh install of Sims 1.69 with the version of CAW that is for version 1.69, and I'm looking at The Tree of Prosperity CC (and a lot of other CC) right now in Edit In Game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Jul 2016 at 5:14 PM Last edited by flstrider : 18th Jul 2016 at 7:21 PM.
For some reason my store items are showing up in EIG but not in the CAW Objects like they did in 1.67. For Stormwind (my latest project) I had the Monte Vista walls but now since I had to upgrade to 1.69 they are no longer in CAW but are there when I go into EIG.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Jul 2016 at 7:22 PM
Please this is really getting frustrating, anyone?
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 19th Jul 2016 at 1:23 AM
@flstrider This question might be better posted in the CAW forum: Create>Sims 3 Creations>Create a World- http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=616
Good luck.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 19th Jul 2016 at 2:14 AM
I'm not sure what "the old way" is. Are you running the CAW that was made to be compatible with 1.69? (There are two versions now, one for 1.67 and the latest for 1.69) Are you looking for the CC by edit in game?

http://www.thesims3.com/game/tools/world
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 29th Aug 2016 at 3:49 AM
yes I am using the correct version of CAW for 1.69. I began building Elwynn Forest/Stormwind from the game World of Warcraft in 1.67 and was using the city gates and stone walls from monte vista when my computer crashed and I reloaded sims 3 from origin going to version 1.69 and downloaded the caw 1.69 version as well. now when I open stormwind in caw all of the city gates and stone walls are gone and do not appear in my object metadata all of the store content is missing from there.
Scholar
#8 Old 29th Aug 2016 at 5:46 AM
Do you have your stuff installed in both CAW and in the game? My understanding is you have to do both.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 1st Sep 2016 at 6:40 AM
I didn't have any stuff in caw from sunlit tides since 1:69 I had to find the objects somewhere I think dccache then I put those in a custom content place for caw. It's working now for me.