Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th May 2020 at 2:48 PM
Default Cheat Codes
If you want to get more money faster than you can press ctrl+shift+C and type in motherlode. This method will get you $50,000.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 28th May 2020 at 2:56 PM
are u serious....? this game is 11 years old, and that cheatcode was already a thing in the sims 2. 16 years old. I think everyone who is aware of modthesims in the first place knows this.
Scholar
#3 Old 28th May 2020 at 3:17 PM
Perhaps they are new to the Sims.
If you need a list of cheats
https://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/cheats.php

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Mad Poster
#4 Old 28th May 2020 at 3:44 PM
Imagine making an account just to post this.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#6 Old 28th May 2020 at 5:11 PM
Now that I think about it, has anyone tried this in real life? Maybe he's onto something.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#7 Old 28th May 2020 at 5:22 PM
I have. The tax liability was unexpectedly huge. I chose to ignore it and the next thing I knew some guy showed up uninvited, walked through my locked door, waved some device around that allowed him to leave with my toilet of all things, and I got a lecture about remembering to pay my bills the next time.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 28th May 2020 at 5:48 PM
My Sims make too much money, therefore, I downloaded a mod to make bills 50% higher but I might have to lower that a bit as one of Sims make a little over $44,000 each week but the bill was over $51,000. But hey there's the wife and teens also so I'm curious to see how this goes as I wanted the game more difficult since earning money is too easy.

Anyway, here are a few more cheat codes that may help others.

Enable TestingCheatsEnabled true
-MovieMakerCheatsEnabled true (Click on a Sim to bring up: Animation, Edit in CAS, Individual Autonomy on/off and Animation Loop. Shift right click on non household members to get the same options.)
-Shift click an object to delete (This comes in handy for stuck cars on the road. I forget, it might be shift-ctrl click though.)

I've used the movie maker cheats quite a few times in the past other than edit in cas. This is one of the screenshots I got from using the loop animations and doesn't necessarily have to be used for machinima. I don't really use it much unless I just want do something for fun or challenge myself to improve staging things. So the real situation is that someone left the deep fryer on and it caught on fire. I don't who it was but they all got scolded for it. Though it looks like Abeni took the blame whether she did it or covering for her brothers, I don't know, lol.

===

A couple other cheats.

-FullScreen on/off (This is great for taking print screens so it shows up the way you see it on screen instead of dark. Also, good for whatever you want this shortcut for.)
-fps on/off (My frames per second is currently locked to the refresh rate of my monitor but this is good to have on every time you install TS3 on a different computer to see the difference between v-sync off and with v-sync on.)
-UnlockOutfits on/off (Enter before going into CAS/Stylist screen to unlock hidden content like career outfits, hairstyles, etc.)

Previous Game: Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition (100% riddles completed; now I know why I've always been fascinated with The Riddler, lol.)

Next Game: Batman Arkham City GOTY Edition
Mad Poster
#9 Old 28th May 2020 at 6:49 PM Last edited by AGuyCalledPi : 29th May 2020 at 1:23 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Deshong
My Sims make too much money, therefore, I downloaded a mod to make bills 50% higher but I might have to lower that a bit as one of Sims make a little over $44,000 each week but the bill was over $51,000.

I too support higher tax brackets for the top 10% of earners but that's a little extreme, income tax rates over 100% should be reserved for the billionaire class.

insert signature here
Field Researcher
#11 Old 28th May 2020 at 8:27 PM
I would just like to point out that maybe, just maybe, that OP is a young person. Maybe they are 10 or 12 and/or maybe they thought they were being helpful by posting this harmless thing. You all could have just been nice, or welcoming, or even just scrolled on by, but you didn't. I think that says a lot more about you than you think.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 28th May 2020 at 11:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kiatyn
I would just like to point out that maybe, just maybe, that OP is a young person. Maybe they are 10 or 12 and/or maybe they thought they were being helpful by posting this harmless thing. You all could have just been nice, or welcoming, or even just scrolled on by, but you didn't. I think that says a lot more about you than you think.

You have a valid point there and collectively we should have been more kind and welcoming. However, while no one deserves to be insulted for trying to be helpful, I think it's kind of assumed by most here that those who have site memberships and post do at least meet the age requirements to do so.
Forum Resident
#13 Old 28th May 2020 at 11:55 PM

Hopefully the OP just ignored the rude ones as you'll always find those types both online and offline. You know the saying, misery loves company. It pays to have a thick skin and treat trivial matters like water off a duck's back. Good thing not all of the human race lack compassion, empathy, respect, goodwill...etc.

Previous Game: Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition (100% riddles completed; now I know why I've always been fascinated with The Riddler, lol.)

Next Game: Batman Arkham City GOTY Edition
Mad Poster
#14 Old 29th May 2020 at 1:26 AM

Absolutely not, it tends to be pretty obvious when a poster is underage and I never make an effort to be nice to them because of it. I was active on the internet at that age and know from experience that kids that age shouldn't be. There's a couple of underage members on my Discord server, and I always keep my banhammer within range for when they say something that makes it clear they're not old enough yet to be a part of the discussion. The rules are simple: if you're under 13, you should go and play with your toys instead of cluttering up the internet. I really wish someone had made that clear to me at the time.

I also don't see why I should personally hold another person to a lower standard just because they're young enough that they're not even supposed to be here.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#15 Old 29th May 2020 at 1:50 AM
I am not sure why it is being assumed that the poster is a young person, but anyone should know that stuff this basic is well known after 11 years. And especially on a site like this.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 29th May 2020 at 2:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
I am not sure why it is being assumed that the poster is a young person, but anyone should know that stuff this basic is well known after 11 years. And especially on a site like this.

I frequently lurk some Sims 3 Facebook groups and you'd be surprised at the amount of stuff presumed as common knowledge being ground-breaking revelations there.

In short- assume that the average Sims 3 fan is semi-computer literate, and barely plays the game to its full potential- but don't diminish their enthusiasm for the game!
Field Researcher
#17 Old 29th May 2020 at 8:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AGuyCalledPi
Absolutely not, it tends to be pretty obvious when a poster is underage and I never make an effort to be nice to them because of it. I was active on the internet at that age and know from experience that kids that age shouldn't be. There's a couple of underage members on my Discord server, and I always keep my banhammer within range for when they say something that makes it clear they're not old enough yet to be a part of the discussion. The rules are simple: if you're under 13, you should go and play with your toys instead of cluttering up the internet. I really wish someone had made that clear to me at the time.

I also don't see why I should personally hold another person to a lower standard just because they're young enough that they're not even supposed to be here.

Same for me. I was active in the sims community (the Dutch & Flemish portion of it) since I was 10, and seriously, I SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN. I shouldn't have been active in the sims communty until I was like, 17 and somewhat mentally stable, tbh. And, not matter their age, anyone who manages to make an account here should be aware that motherlode isn't exactly groundbreaking, let alone make a topic on it.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 29th May 2020 at 1:14 PM
I didn't know you were a Dutch speaker too gittevdv, that's cool. Thankfully I managed to stay clear of the Sims community for the most part, I think I had an account here when I was too young but I only used it to download stuff.

I do vaguely remember being a shit-stirrer on a forum and accidentally telling my mom about it, and her sending them an email asking them to be considerate. I'll try not to think too hard about it because I'm already feeling the second-hand embarrassment here.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#19 Old 30th May 2020 at 12:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
... assume that the average Sims 3 fan is semi-computer literate, and barely plays the game ...

This is why I am here at MTS and not the other places. This is a community of generally articulate, informed, mature players. And I like it that way.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 30th May 2020 at 12:16 AM
This is a community of generally articulate, informed, mature players.

Gee, you make us sound so boring when you put it that way.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 30th May 2020 at 1:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Gee, you make us sound so boring when you put it that way.

Not at all! This site is never boring, that is for sure. :D
Mad Poster
#22 Old 30th May 2020 at 1:11 AM
This is a community of generally articulate, informed, mature players.

Not this guy.

insert signature here
Forum Resident
#23 Old 31st May 2020 at 4:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
I frequently lurk some Sims 3 Facebook groups and you'd be surprised at the amount of stuff presumed as common knowledge being ground-breaking revelations there.

In short- assume that the average Sims 3 fan is semi-computer literate, and barely plays the game to its full potential- but don't diminish their enthusiasm for the game!

As someone who is also in FB Sims 3 groups, I second this!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 31st May 2020 at 10:33 PM
Does anybody use the motherlode cheat anymore though? I know I stopped using it after I realized how easy building wealth is in TS3. Like seriously, you can build an empire from just selling apples if you wanted.
Mad Poster
#25 Old 31st May 2020 at 11:32 PM
I haven't used it in a long time. "familyfunds" is a better cheat anyway.

insert signature here
Page 1 of 2