Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jun 2020 at 5:23 AM
Default Max letters for first & last name
Hiya! Sorry if this should be somewhere else, I think this is where it goes.

Could anybody tell me the max number of letters a sim's first and last name (each) can be? I'm compiling a list of names for a replacement mod and it occurred to me that some of these lookslikeyousmashedakeyboard surnames might be too long if there is a set limit, in which case I'd need to take those off my list.

Thank you!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 3rd Jun 2020 at 5:56 PM
Just played with it while in CAS and it was still allowing me to input more after 100 letters.... Hopefully your names aren't longer than that.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Jun 2020 at 5:56 PM
Update: I just went in game and typed as much as I could in the boxes and came out with 13 for each, and then in my google spreadsheet of names ran LEN and so far I don't have any 14,15,etc (but a few 13!) so so far I don't think the limit is posing an actual issue.
I guess if I come across a longer name that I just HAVE to have....but I doubt that will happen.
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Jun 2020 at 5:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MurderPrincessK
Just played with it while in CAS and it was still allowing me to input more after 100 letters.... Hopefully your names aren't longer than that.

I think we posted at the same time. (and then you edited yours after I responded so now I have to edit my response) I wonder how come you're able to get to 100 and it stops me at 13.
Scholar
#5 Old 3rd Jun 2020 at 6:10 PM
I only edited my tablet auto-correcting cas to CAW for some reason. Maybe it's part of nrass cas expansion mod, I'm not sure.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Jun 2020 at 2:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MurderPrincessK
Maybe it's part of nrass cas expansion mod, I'm not sure.

I don't think that's it, unless it's a setting i haven't changed.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 7th Jun 2020 at 8:29 PM
I think it really is Master Controller CAS part. I just did a test in unmodded game and there I could not get behind 13 characters in both first and last name. Then I put Master Controller with Cheats and Integration modules (not sure if Cheats module is really required here, but I added it anyway) and without any meddling with the settings, I got to over 50 characters now, probably could get even more, but I did not have a patience to write more.