Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 2:43 PM
Default NPC clothing
I hate what the game has done with my store content. Millions of NPC's walking around in costumes and hideous clothes. Can you think of a way to ban them to wear some clothes ( I'm open for mods, just not twallan's mod because it is too complicated).
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 2:50 PM
Dresser isn't complicated if you read the instructions.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 3:22 PM
read the instructions and it was complicated. Is there any other mod or something to help me, please?
Scholar
#4 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 3:27 PM
well in general youcan use the TCE true cheat and change their clothing...but i believe they have to be in the everyday clothes....(or something like that)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 3:32 PM
I thought of that, but there are too many NPCs to change them all. A lot of them comes to town every moment and a lot of them are not in their everyday clothes. Plus, my Create-a-sim is laggy(don't know what's up with that)
Inventor
#6 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 3:33 PM
Download the weapons mod and gun them down until they learn how to dress and breed properly, thats what I do and it works for me.
Alchemist
#7 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 4:06 PM
If you try to learn, you'll eventually realize how powerful Twallan's mods could be.

Just call me Nikel
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 4:08 PM
Then can someone please explain his mod since obviously I can't seem to get it. And I need a simple mod. In-game. I have lots of store content, there is no possible way I go to Create a Sim every now and then as it is very laggy. And it takes ages to load my game so no constant turning off and on, please?
Scholar
#9 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 4:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Garnier
I hate what the game has done with my store content. Millions of NPC's walking around in costumes and hideous clothes. Can you think of a way to ban them to wear some clothes ( I'm open for mods, just not twallan's mod because it is too complicated).

Edited to add: It might feel too complicated at first, but if you force yourself to read it, walk away, read it again...about 5 more times, it will start to make sense. Read some of his other easier stuff to get a handle on how the cheats work in general, and before you know it, that AHA moment will hit you.

But in the meantime, if Dresser is too complicated (for now),
try MasterController.

(After you've installed Mastercontroller) Click on the courthouse for NRaas.

MasterController

Sim

Advanced

Edit in CAS

In the list of options (and it's considerable) find "Gender: Male" or "Gender: Female."

Then choose one, depending on the NPC's gender.

It will give you a list with a very helpful portrait on the left side. Click the NPC or NPCs you wanna change.

Click the checkmark (Accept).

That CAS includes career outfits. You can change the way your NPCs are dressed. Works for me everytime.

In fact, it's a handy way to change or tweak the outfits your playable sims are wearing, too.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 4:34 PM
Thanks, I'll definitely try that. Does that also change hairstyles?
Scholar
#11 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 4:56 PM
When you edit in cas, it's just like making a character in the Create a Sim room. You can do everything. If you are feeling lazy you can just click on a sim and do nRaas, Dresser and randomly roll their clothes and hair until you see something you like. That's what I usually do if an inactive is wearing something terrible or bugged.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 5:17 PM
Yes, but this is (sort of) just delaying the problem. I want to ban some clothes to NPCs and twallan complicated stuff there. Any way for that?
Scholar
#13 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 5:50 PM Last edited by tsyokawe : 17th Feb 2014 at 6:02 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Garnier
Yes, but this is (sort of) just delaying the problem. I want to ban some clothes to NPCs and twallan complicated stuff there. Any way for that?

Read the instructions on his simpler mods...get the sense of them (this will also get your mind in the right mode for the more complicated stuff.)

Then, read his Dresser instructions in smaller chunks. Then walk away...go shopping, watch some TV, do the dishes, whatever...

Come back, and read a little more. Repeat as above.

After you've finished, read it again, this time in larger chunks.

It might take 5 times, but it will come to you. After you've re-read a few times, it will make sense.

And DON'T FORGET to read the Dresser FAQs!
Scholar
#14 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 5:53 PM
There is an editor you can use outside the game. I can't remember the name and I always thought it was more complicated than Dresser. Someone else could help you with it. What's complicated for one person is easy for another.
Scholar
#15 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 6:31 PM
either tw's or tce true cheat puts you in CAS and you said your comp cant handle that...so i guess your stuck
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 7:27 PM
While at "Dresser", can someone show me how to ban certain clothes? (such as the nude outfit, I have 1). And ban all accessories + makeup? Not that I don't like them but this is to save storage space (everything adds up in a big population). Dresser loves to give a new sim ... 47 body hair/makeup ... according to Notification. Scary.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#17 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 7:39 PM
Here's the tutorial for banning individual items. Don't read it all at once and get overwhelmed... just do it, step by step. http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Blacklisting

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 7:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tomomi1922
While at "Dresser", can someone show me how to ban certain clothes? (such as the nude outfit, I have 1). And ban all accessories + makeup? Not that I don't like them but this is to save storage space (everything adds up in a big population). Dresser loves to give a new sim ... 47 body hair/makeup ... according to Notification. Scary.

It took me a bit to figure that out. Took awhile to understand how Dresser worked and went on learning how to Blacklist and it is worth it in the long run. Blacklisting can be done in either Dresser or MC. Here's a link if you would like to check it out http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Blacklisting. After several attempts reading instructions and some help from the folks over at NRaas who use the method it sure cleaned things up. You need to use S3PE or Packer to do this and if it helps, I found Packer easier to use.
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 7:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
Here's the tutorial for banning individual items. Don't read it all at once and get overwhelmed... just do it, step by step. http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Blacklisting
\

Sorry...I was writing my answer while you were sending yours
Scholar
#20 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 10:27 PM
If you don't like the NRAAS, then you can use cheats to just edit them in CAS and change their outfit. I've never heard of a mod to ban certain clothes from being worn
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 20th Feb 2014 at 9:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lord St.Croix
If you don't like the NRAAS, then you can use cheats to just edit them in CAS and change their outfit. I've never heard of a mod to ban certain clothes from being worn

Clothing can be blacklisted (banned) using NRaas Master Controler & Dresser.
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 21st Feb 2014 at 2:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha

Just thinking about the time it would take to individually blacklist each individual piece I don't want townies randomly wearing makes me want to go take a nap. EA sucks for not giving me either an option to select individual items to not install with each SP/EP/store set or a check box on each item in CAS to toggle it on or off for random townie use.

I would like to set up each town I play with different themes, and key to those themes are the appearance of the town and its residents especially with regard to clothing and hairstyles. How do you play an early twentieth century theme when townies randomly wear twenty-first century night club style attire?

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?