Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Sockpuppet
#126 Old 7th Jun 2012 at 1:35 AM
well, i got alot more stuff to do im afraid but ill have a look(doesn't seem to difficult)

I started from scratch with the files and think i almost have something decent.
got the outerdome with correct lighting and shadow while the innerdome carries the shadow of the floor below.
But the white on the glass texture is to bright, would that be hard to fix?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#127 Old 7th Jun 2012 at 4:42 AM
BloomsBase, the brightness can be changed in-game
Sockpuppet
#128 Old 7th Jun 2012 at 6:50 AM
It depends wat script the light is using Max.
im probably going to uplad my testfile tomorrow, need a few testers.....
Lab Assistant
#129 Old 7th Jun 2012 at 7:09 AM
BloomsBase, if you'd like I can test the dome and its functions
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#130 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 1:56 AM
Hey I think I found a solution to the lighting!!
Is it possible to make the "burb-light" invisible?

I was testing and trying to find out ways to make the inside of the dome light up, because that's the problem we were having. I think that the problem may have been that there needs to be lighting inside the dome looking up? I realized the same thing on blender.. light inside the dome will brighten everything because it's inside. And any ceiling light will light the outside. What do you think? The light is on the same highest level with the dome, btw.

Anyways heres the dome with the lights.
Sockpuppet
#131 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 2:59 AM Last edited by BloomsBase : 8th Jun 2012 at 4:15 AM.
i am almost done, going to test ingame and then send you new test files
Think i have a nice setup

Guess, i was sheering to early
I have this stupid error wich makes the dome and sim and all other objects outside black
Sockpuppet
#132 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 6:06 AM Last edited by BloomsBase : 8th Jun 2012 at 7:21 AM.
Ok, here we go.....
2 testfiles.
-Titanic dome top and titanic dome light.

The top brings a 2nd objd(object) along, the innerdome, wich will appear when going to the floor below.(Hottub setup)
The innerdome has it faces turned inside so its only half visible when viewing from the sides and looks imo real nice(similar as when the walls drop)
Outer, innerdome and light are castable, 2 designs, one were most parts can be colored/patterned while the 2nd one contains the overlay Zelda made.
All have a light attached, innerdome and the domes lamp can be tuned.
The outerdome has a autolight as i didn't found a proper script for it yet.

Added occluders, groundshadow and sunshadow(meshes) and it has a floorcutout.

Still need to do:
-finetune the lights
-look for outdoor light script that is tuneable.(any suggestions?)
-edit the domes footprint so the lamp's footprint snaps into it.

Issue
-i could not place ceilingtiles, no idea if this is my game, the dome or EA messed up again.
-Sims can not have a look at the dome, a routing error will appear, no idea how to fix this(yet)
-With older files i made the floor leveling up and down got stuck, had to zoom out pretty far to fix that.
-Placing the lamp is a bit difficult,
-i think my game doesn't display the light bulbs, have to see some screenshots on how to fix.(or......now that i think of it, i might have its effect disabled )

URL File deleted(see post below)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/u132zf <===LIGHT

Feedback welcome

Note,
This is a testfile, use it at your own risk.

Edit,

Oh, the dome is under sculptures and the lamp is under outdoor light!!!
Sockpuppet
#133 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 7:19 AM Last edited by BloomsBase : 8th Jun 2012 at 7:59 AM.
This is not going to work......
I keep having leveling(getting stuck) issues.
You will most likly suffer the same error.
Redownload the Dome, its the same file but with both domes seperated.

-Outerdome is still in sculptures
-Innerdome is in outdoor lighting and needs to be placed seperate.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/q0mjbu <===DOMES

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#134 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 8:44 AM
So I redownloaded and tested it, what were the leveling issues you were talking about?

I don't think I faced any if not all of your issues, the only problem I had was the lamp was turned off, and when
I turned it on, the whole dome's glass light dimmed a bit, and the lamp did not light up. So I kept it off.
I could place ceiling tiles, was that just you? Maybe our problems differed from different downloaded cc?
Placing the lamp was pretty easy for me, but it does differ from a normal hanging object. I think it's because the lamp is pretty high for an ceiling light. But I like this version better. I love it how the dome cuts away on the lower floor and how you can see parts of it. That's really cool. Have you tried testing it without any other cc?

But so far so good on my end.. :/
Sockpuppet
#135 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 9:06 AM
i only have a few mods installed, and some cc of my own, got to test.
When i have that bug the innerdome disspaers from viewing below, you see the sky then.
And dropping to a lower floor no longer works, it gets stuck while surrounding lots do drop their floors.

The lights do clash a bit with eachother, setting the innerdome to low light worked for me.
Those bulbs(effect) you have in the lamp itself i dont have.....

Ill try on diffrent lots to find out.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#136 Old 9th Jun 2012 at 7:30 PM
When I tested the dome in the game, I tried to find a way to cover the dome with a skylight, I used one of EA's halfwalls or fences to create a wall to house the dome. And then I placed an object on the top of the wall.

Do you think you can work on a skylight roof object? The one I used took forever, as I had to raise every piece of glass, it would be a lot better and a lot quicker to have it all in one peice. I used the OMSP object to raise the glass, and then placed it on everysingle tile. I hope to never really do this again. And it would save alot more time.

What do you think?
Sockpuppet
#137 Old 9th Jun 2012 at 9:54 PM
i need some good pictures first
Lab Assistant
#138 Old 11th Jun 2012 at 11:46 AM
where can I find the ceiling light? I found the dome and a light peace of dome, but it has no ceiling light. Is it supposed to be so or it's my in-game bug?
Sockpuppet
#139 Old 11th Jun 2012 at 12:34 PM Last edited by BloomsBase : 11th Jun 2012 at 12:46 PM.
you need to place the lightpiece into the dome.
The top floor has no ceiling so it is a floor lamppiece.

I do have a new file with all in one, delete the previous files and install this one:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ywghzq
It is in outdoor lighting.
Assigned a rug script to the upperdome, hopefully this will avoid routing issues.
Besides that all is redone, new texture setup, specular and shadow.

I can not get the lamp to glow as it should, the tools break the material settings when cloning a lamp.
The lamp itself has a new texture with only beads(new texture) showing, this is probably how i will upload.
plz test.
Lab Assistant
#140 Old 11th Jun 2012 at 1:02 PM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 12th Jun 2012 at 6:14 AM. Reason: Merged posts: 3876653, 3875806
BloomsBase, thanks much!

I can't finish the grand staircase
There a part above the staircase, which cannot be covered with ceiling

I think it will be awesome if your realize a complete TS3 Titanic lot or tutorial how to create it for yourself.

Here is the problem about the dome.
Is there a way to fix it or it is because of the staircase?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#141 Old 13th Jun 2012 at 2:39 AM
That's happening because your levels are different.
It appears the dome is on the same height as the stairs, (obviously)
Is the floor above leveled? Level it and then replace the dome
I've never had this problem..
Lab Assistant
#142 Old 13th Jun 2012 at 3:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zelda101
That's happening because your levels are different.
It appears the dome is on the same height as the stairs, (obviously)
Is the floor above leveled? Level it and then replace the dome
I've never had this problem..

I wish I knew how to do it.
But anyway thanks, I'll try everything I'll imagine
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#143 Old 14th Jun 2012 at 5:53 AM
So is the dome finalized and ready for this site yet??
Sockpuppet
#144 Old 14th Jun 2012 at 6:58 AM
i still have 2 problems.....
sims can't check it out unless i change the top dome's footprint.
But then they walk right throug it.
I could clone a rug for the top, sims never check them out but then the dome has no shadow....

And i cant fix the glow on the lamp.
Lab Assistant
#145 Old 14th Jun 2012 at 3:33 PM
I don't think it the problem to pay our attention for. It's a perfect work and it works, do we need more?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#146 Old 19th Jun 2012 at 5:04 AM
So how's the fix?
Any luck? I think that you should submit as is. I don't think two separate pieces are that bad.
I never tested the latest file you attached. But what's the difference from that one than the two-part pieces?
Sockpuppet
#147 Old 19th Jun 2012 at 8:17 AM Last edited by BloomsBase : 19th Jun 2012 at 4:39 PM.
Have you guys actually played with it?
Its not doable when sims keeps trying to check out the dome but can not reach it.
dodgy builder
#148 Old 20th Jun 2012 at 1:13 PM
Looks gorgeous. I'm making a old fasioned castle at the moment. This might fit, so I'm testing it out for you. I downloaded from #139, hope that's the right file.

This Castle lot just started yesterday: http://www.volvenomtullarask.com/st...ld-style-castle
Sockpuppet
#149 Old 20th Jun 2012 at 1:46 PM
dont think there is much diffrence, i cant remember really...i remade it bout 12 times...
Think the last ones comes with the lamp, all in one object.
dodgy builder
#150 Old 20th Jun 2012 at 2:27 PM
I have just tested it and I think it's looking good. It needs support under it to be placed right on the floor box I made for it, but that didn't take me long to figure out. I have recorded a video, just have to edit it. I'm not too worried about it not being possible to look at for the sims. I can change the colors and I can look at it. I don't really play much though, people who do may see it differently.
Page 6 of 7