Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Feb 2014 at 9:01 PM
Default Sims 3 Default Skin/Face/Eye Replacement
Howdy all, I took a break from Sims for awhile and have just come back!

Im a big fan of mods and I would to replace the boring default EA faces/bodys/eyes and see what the modding community has come up with, However after much googling I cant seem to find anything up to date.

all the sites are old and im not sure if they will work on our current version of sim, If i could please get some links to sites everyone uses today that would be awesome, Or even something on this site i may have missed,
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 4th Feb 2014 at 9:05 PM
Hate to break it to you, a lot of old sliders do not work. But you should get XCAS from CmayNYC, it is updated. It enhances slider range, extends custom skin finder menu, lets you add body hair to female, and ... well, quite a lot more.

The skins are still usable even they are "old".

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Feb 2014 at 9:07 PM
I googled Xcas and couldnt find anything? Is it on this site or what?
And thanks for the quit reply! =)
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 4th Feb 2014 at 9:19 PM
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=434270

It's also compatible with both Awesomemod and NRAAS.

And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#5 Old 4th Feb 2014 at 9:24 PM
if you want even more options, Master Controller from Nrass Industries has a ton, and it also incorporates the XCAS mod as well. Just don't get both, as they will conflict
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Feb 2014 at 9:40 PM
Ya, I just tried out XCAS and its pretty cool. but i guess i was looking for Skin face eye upgrades, Better textures and colors Ive seen a few online but they dont really explain how to install or turn them on ingame,
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#7 Old 4th Feb 2014 at 10:27 PM
well, you just install them like any other package file. If they are default replacements, you'll also have to delete the four cache files first to get them to appear. There are several available on this site, and each item here also contains a link to installing info if yo need it.
One Minute Ninja'd
#8 Old 4th Feb 2014 at 11:59 PM
And you can only have one default set present at a time. I actually have a default subfolder just for my skins and eyes so it's easier to switch things in and out depending on my mood for that game's appearance.
Test Subject
#9 Old 8th Feb 2014 at 8:02 AM
I'm pretty much have the same problem...I'm dying to use the body/face mods Ladyfrontbum created and followed her instructions on how to patch the .package files in...except there is no Mods > Packages or simCompositorCache.package* file. Maybe it's because I downloaded the game??? And all my folders say Origin Games > Sims 3 now, can anyone help me? I've been playing around in Photoshop making tattoos and hair textures so I would love to see how they turned out! Thank you loves!♥
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 8th Feb 2014 at 8:26 AM Last edited by tomomi1922 : 8th Feb 2014 at 10:49 PM.
Also hate to break it to you that Ladyfrostbum site may be outdated in instruction (correct me if I am wrong). But somewhere here is the most details instruction on how to install custom content. I just need to dig out the link.

I downloaded the game too, from Origin client. But what do you mean you downloaded the game? Digital download from Amazon? Steam? Origin? I do not think it matters a whole lot. Your saved games, saved sims, and mods will be at your Document folder, under Electronic Art/The Sims 3/ However you must create the "Mods" folder and and include a resource.cfg (just a glorified text file to tell the game where to look for .package). You must know how to install CC first before you bother with creating CC (another learning curve, much steeper).

But since you have been making tattoos and hair texture, I think you must check out cmarNYC's tattoo mod (a framework to make easy tattoo) and maybe TSR for hair.

Update: here is the link
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...g_Package_Files

Test Subject
#11 Old 8th Feb 2014 at 4:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tomomi1922
Also hate to break it to you that Ladyfrostbum site may be outdated in instruction (correct me if I am wrong). But somewhere here is the most details instruction on how to install custom content. I just need to dig out the link.

I downloaded the game too, from Origin client. But what do you mean you downloaded the game? Digital download from Amazon? Steam? Origin? I do not think it matters a whole lot. Your saved games, saved sims, and mods will be at your Document folder, under Electronic Art/The Sims 3/ However you must create the "Mods" folder and and include a resource.cfg (just a glorified text file to tell the game where to look for .package). You must know how to install CC first before you bother with creating CC (another learning curve, much steeper).

But since you have been making tattoos and hair texture, I think you must check out cmarNYC's tattoo mod (a framework to make easy tattoo) and maybe TSR for hair.

Yes I downloaded the game online through Origin...and this is an example of how the folders look: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\Packs It doesn't say Electronic Arts as the main program folder. The gameplay Data is listed as C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\Gameplay there's also a folder called C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared and in that folder there's three subfolders called DeltaPackages, NonPackaged and Packages. So you can see my confusion. I don't think it's because I got the basic game with the two expansions included and all of the dl's in the .sims3pack works after installing it. as for the C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Caches folder this is how the cache file is labeled: SunsetValley.objectCache and it's dated 4/15/2009...I know I didn't have this problem when I modded my character in Dragon Age 2. I'm just about to give up, all I wanted was a different body type for my female sim
One Minute Ninja'd
#12 Old 8th Feb 2014 at 4:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by labellasunshine
Yes I downloaded the game online through Origin...and this is an example of how the folders look: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\Packs It doesn't say Electronic Arts as the main program folder. The gameplay Data is listed as C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\Gameplay there's also a folder called C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared and in that folder there's three subfolders called DeltaPackages, NonPackaged and Packages. So you can see my confusion. I don't think it's because I got the basic game with the two expansions included and all of the dl's in the .sims3pack works after installing it. as for the C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Caches folder this is how the cache file is labeled: SunsetValley.objectCache and it's dated 4/15/2009...I know I didn't have this problem when I modded my character in Dragon Age 2. I'm just about to give up, all I wanted was a different body type for my female sim

Try following the instructions in the wiki on this site on how to install package files, found here http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...Setup_and_Files This will show you how to get content that's not in Sim3Pack form into your game. Right now you're looking to install the defaults in the wrong place.

Good luck.
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 8th Feb 2014 at 11:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by labellasunshine

Did I mention your saved game are in Documents folder? Stop looking at where your game is installed. EA made a smart move by separating game installation folder and game data folder. Do not go to C:\Program Files anymore. Go to "My Documents" and there is an "Electronic Arts" folder. In it, you will find "The Sims 3", and within, you will either find "Mods" or have to create "Mods" folder on your own. All .package can go there, and you are FREE to organize them in subfolders (and please do). You will also need to have a resource.cfg (did I mention it is a text file that tells the game where to find, and NOT to find, your .package?)

Here is the link again: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...Setup_and_Files
Within, you will find this "resource.cfg" (so you don't have to create your own). You can open with Notepad, you will know what it looks like (but don't change anything inside unless you really know what they do).

Technically, all your .package goes into the subfolder "Package" inside "Mods"

Summary:
- Stop going to C:\Program Files ....
- Your save games, saved sims, custom music, Mods folder (everything yours) is at "My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\"
- Make sure your game is patched and up to date (as the guide said)
- Create "Mods" folder if you don't already have.
- Download that "FrameworkSetup.zip"
- If you did what the link said, you should already HAVE "Package", "Override", "Core" folders in "Mods", AND this "resource.cfg" inside.
- Put your .package files into one of these 3 folders (use your organizational skill, create more subfolders to organize your stuff: Extremely highly recommended).