Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Fashion Design Career

by heaven Posted 24th May 2009 at 4:03 PM

61 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 48 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Field Researcher
#2 Old 24th May 2009 at 5:54 PM
Thanks so much!
Scholar
#3 Old 24th May 2009 at 6:18 PM
I've often wondered why EA created a sewing badge interest and never taken it further by including a fashion design career. I could use this....thank you for sharing your mod!!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 24th May 2009 at 9:38 PM
gasp! i love it!!! thank you!
Test Subject
#5 Old 24th May 2009 at 10:23 PM Last edited by oxfrenchiexo : 24th May 2009 at 11:09 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by FzzyDg8
I've often wondered why EA created a sewing badge interest and never taken it further by including a fashion design career. I could use this....thank you for sharing your mod!!

I was wondering this aswell!
But anyways, i love this alot and i am just ITCHING to use it on the sim (Bethany) that i just made :]

Edit, Nvm. i answered my own question :P
Instructor
#6 Old 25th May 2009 at 4:12 AM
Level 4 same salary as level 3?
Test Subject
#7 Old 25th May 2009 at 5:08 AM
thanks ;D its a wonderful idea
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 25th May 2009 at 10:40 AM
Thanks, great idea. Does the career have its own uniform?

I'm a housebuilder, sim-maker, and story-teller. Just not an uploader.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 25th May 2009 at 10:26 PM
cool, fashion design is MY dream job! Now I can make my Sims have a great life!

ENTJ
Test Subject
#10 Old 26th May 2009 at 2:33 AM
"1. Intern: You have always had a passion for fashion. You bet against the odds and got the job that everyone dreams of; working as an intern for a top American Designer! Remember to stay focused and develop your creativity and charisma skills. Designers look for inspiration everywhere so be sure to dress chic."

Why AMERICAN? My sim world is anti-this-world. 1)European designers are waaaaaaay better. and 2) I really don't like refs to the real world in my game and i know i am not alone. So also, Dolce and gabbana don't exist in my sim world. It is my escape.
Good concept though.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 26th May 2009 at 1:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by glamourful
"1. Intern: You have always had a passion for fashion. You bet against the odds and got the job that everyone dreams of; working as an intern for a top American Designer! Remember to stay focused and develop your creativity and charisma skills. Designers look for inspiration everywhere so be sure to dress chic."

Why AMERICAN? My sim world is anti-this-world. 1)European designers are waaaaaaay better. and 2) I really don't like refs to the real world in my game and i know i am not alone. So also, Dolce and gabbana don't exist in my sim world. It is my escape.
Good concept though.

As I stated in the overview, this was a requested career. Those references were part of the information I was given in the request. If you are so against real world references, please feel free to open SimPE and change those references for your game use only.

Also: Levels 3 and 4 don't have the same pay level. Thank you for bringing that to my attention motherspet. It is a written error on my part and I will get to changing it as soon as possible.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 28th May 2009 at 11:46 AM
Hmm, i don´t think i´ll download after reading all that, but very nice icon though, you take requests? I´ll keep you in mind for future references.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 2:05 PM
You have a great concept here. Wonder if it would be compatible with CharleeHeart's Fashion Major. Also, what skills and friends do you need? There are no skills or friends listed. Did I over look them?
I remember that The Sims 2 for the Game Cube has a Fashion Career. The Skills needed in that game are Mechanical 4, Charisma 5, Creativity 10, and Friends 13. Is yours similar to that?
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 5:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simlifegirl
You have a great concept here. Wonder if it would be compatible with CharleeHeart's Fashion Major. Also, what skills and friends do you need? There are no skills or friends listed. Did I over look them?
I remember that The Sims 2 for the Game Cube has a Fashion Career. The Skills needed in that game are Mechanical 4, Charisma 5, Creativity 10, and Friends 13. Is yours similar to that?

I actually know nothing about the Game Cube version and mine is not like that. I only list the pay and days rather than include all the skills and friends needed so I can't quite remember what the skills that are required are. I do know that creativity and charisma are huge ones but I couldn't tell you the exact amounts and I know there is at least one more.
Test Subject
#15 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 3:58 PM
Hi,

I have the dutch sims 2 version and normally all the english/american
downloads work.
But your career for fashion designer doesn't work at my computer.
The sewing sign is there but it's called "sports career". And when I give my sim the job, she wears the right uniform but there stands that she has a career in sports.
Do you know how that's possible?

Bye M.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 11:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mary-Elle
Hi,

I have the dutch sims 2 version and normally all the english/american
downloads work.
But your career for fashion designer doesn't work at my computer.
The sewing sign is there but it's called "sports career". And when I give my sim the job, she wears the right uniform but there stands that she has a career in sports.
Do you know how that's possible?

Bye M.

Actually, I have no idea. I've heard this from other people about different careers. I myself was having this problem with an entirely different career, one that I know has worked before that I downloaded from someone. I've not yet figured out why though. If I do, I will let you know though.
Test Subject
#17 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 7:21 PM
after i download the job! what do i do! do i jsut search online? or what?
Scholar
#18 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 9:18 PM
A perfect career! Thank you!

Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today

My Avatar? It's Corto Maltese - a pirate but a gentleman! His name stands for honor, honesty, confidence and the truth: THE TRUE FACE OF TSR
Test Subject
#19 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 10:19 PM
I love this idea too but I'm having the same problem as mary-Elle, but not in quite the same way. My career shows the sewing icon and it's called Fashion Designer but when my sim gets promoted, the descriptions are for the Sports career.

Very odd.

Has anyone solved this or come up with a reason why this happens? would love to work it out so my Sim can sew.

Ta
Test Subject
#20 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 2:40 AM
Sounds great! Can't wait to use it :D
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 7:33 PM
Very neat! I love it! Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#22 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 12:59 AM
It doesn't go on my game why ?? it appear at athlete career but with the icon of designer career ... =(
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 10th Sep 2009 at 4:55 AM
I have been looking for a career like this for the longest!Thank you so much.

Don't be someone's...Down-time,spare-time,part-time,or sometime.
If they can't be there for you all the time,then they're not even worth your time!!!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 17th Sep 2009 at 5:55 AM
GREAT!

Sorry i must have forgotten, but is there a specific folder you have to place this into?
Test Subject
#25 Old 29th Oct 2009 at 5:55 PM
Make career in zip file? I dont understand rar files.
Page 1 of 3