Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

More Realistic Genetics (updated 24 Jul '17)

by Nopke Posted 22nd Jul 2017 at 11:26 PM - Updated 7th Dec 2023 at 7:41 PM by Nopke

62 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 40 Feedback Posts, 21 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 3
Test Subject
#51 Old 9th Sep 2020 at 5:45 PM
Default Love your mod!
Hello dear Nopke,

thank you for this wonderful mod. I'm such a genetics nerd and dreamed of a more realistic genetics system for the Sims for years. I'm very grateful for your mod.

Even though I know that green is more dominant than blue in real life, true green is still less common. So maybe making it less dominant in the Sims would reflect that (like in the Sandi_Sim version). However, I find the dark blue and light blue too close in color and would instead like to replace the dark blue for hazel.
So if it's not too much of a hassle, would it be possible for you to adapt Sandi_Sim's version for me?

I.e. from:
Eyes: alien: 0, brown: 1, grey, dark blue, and light blue: 2, green: 2.5
Hair: black: 0.5, brown: 1, blonde: 1.5, red: 2

To:
Eyes: alien: 0, brown: 1, hazel instead of dark blue: 1.5, grey and light blue: 2, green: 2.5
Hair: black: 0.5, brown: 1, blonde: 1.5, red: 2

Moreover, I liked the hazel version that's replacing dark blue in your description picture. Where can I get it, so I'm not using anything that could conflict with your mod?

I'm looking forward to your response and thanks again for your work.

Best regards,
lazySim
Instructor
Original Poster
#52 Old 9th Sep 2020 at 7:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lazySim
Even though I know that green is more dominant than blue in real life, true green is still less common. So maybe making it less dominant in the Sims would reflect that
@lazySim Creating fewer green-eyed Sims would reflect that. But I've created simething special anyway:
A DIY set to give everyone freedom to create their own altered genetics: Download on SFS
Simply choose at most one file from each folder. If you can't find a certain value (1 or 2) in a folder, it probably means it's the default value and you don't need any file from that folder. If you have chosen the files, remove your previous genetics mods and use the chosen packages instead.
Moreover, I liked the hazel version that's replacing dark blue in your description picture. Where can I get it, so I'm not using anything that could conflict with your mod?
I'm not sure what you mean. If you're talking about the color, it's just a preview picture. I haven't created any corresponding default replacements for dark blue eyes. By the way, default replacements for textures do not conflict with mods changing genetics.
Test Subject
#53 Old 9th Sep 2020 at 8:20 PM
Thank you for the quick reply!

Quote: Originally posted by Nopke
@lazySim Creating fewer green-eyed Sims would reflect that. But I've created simething special anyway:
A DIY set to give everyone freedom to create their own altered genetics: Download on SFS
Simply choose at most one file from each folder. If you can't find a certain value (1 or 2) in a folder, it probably means it's the default value and you don't need any file from that folder. If you have chosen the files, remove your previous genetics mods and use the chosen packages instead.

That's true about the green eyes. I might do that, thanks!
And very kind of you to make the DIY version available. Thank you very much
Just to be sure, I can simply put the chosen package files in a folder in downloads, right? And like other mods, putting folders in folders in the download folder would also work and not "deactivate" your mod? I just want to make sure that it truly works; I'm very excited about your mod :D

I'm not sure what you mean. If you're talking about the color, it's just a preview picture. I haven't created any corresponding default replacements for dark blue eyes. By the way, default replacements for textures do not conflict with mods changing genetics.

Oh okay, I was just wondering where to get the hazel color since I couldn't find much on the internet. But I will look for textures, thanks
Instructor
Original Poster
#54 Old 9th Sep 2020 at 9:03 PM
Just to be sure, I can simply put the chosen package files in a folder in downloads, right? And like other mods, putting folders in folders in the download folder would also work and not "deactivate" your mod? I just want to make sure that it truly works
@lazySim Right, sure. These packages work like ordinary mods. Only conflicts can deactivate them (partly or at all).
I was just wondering where to get the hazel color since I couldn't find much on the internet.
I've seen many sets of DRs that replace dark blue with hazel. There's a site that could help you to find some: Sims 2 Default Database. Unfortunately, I haven't seen any that exclusively changes dark blue eyes into pure maxis-match hazel eyes.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#55 Old 20th Jun 2021 at 10:06 AM
Thank you !!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#56 Old 6th Jul 2021 at 11:26 PM
Thanks, this is great!
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 18th Mar 2022 at 4:49 PM
Why is it advised to not use mods changing visibility in the catalog or townification of blonde, alien/green/dark blue eyes, etc?
Instructor
Original Poster
#58 Old 18th Mar 2022 at 6:18 PM
@guirnaldas Because when such mods and my mod are used together, then my mod or the other one will work partially or even won't work at all.
Instructor
Original Poster
#59 Old 29th Aug 2023 at 3:05 PM
@pixiestix1996 Original skin tones can mix and it's an original game feature. Custom skin tones may or may not – depending on whether they're geneticized.
Test Subject
#60 Old 29th Aug 2023 at 7:50 PM
@pixiestix1996 Original skin tones can mix and it's an original game feature. Custom skin tones may or may not – depending on whether they're geneticized.

Thank you! That's crazy... I've played this game for as long as its been out and never had a mixed baby. The baby just came out either the mother or father's skin tone.
Test Subject
#61 Old Yesterday at 4:27 PM
Default question about custom eyes
Will this mod be able to distinguish between green and blue eyes in custom geneticize/townified eyes if they both have the genetic value of 2? Would it be beneficial to go into SimPE and change the green custom eyes to a genetic value of 1.5 to work with mod?
Instructor
Original Poster
#62 Old Yesterday at 6:04 PM
@lillyfox This mod does not affect custom townified eye colors. You need to open them in SimPE and change their genetic value to match values used by this mod.
Test Subject
#63 Old Today at 2:56 AM
@lillyfox This mod does not affect custom townified eye colors. You need to open them in SimPE and change their genetic value to match values used by this mod.

Thanks! that is what I needed to know. I am excited to get back to Sims 2 and try this mod out.
Page 3 of 3